Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Ah, thanks Lafftur. I knew Rachel's tomb was near Bethlehem, I saw it last year - ..well, I saw the graveyard. That was as close as I could get as it was beyond the walled off Palestinian region.

Anyway, I had wondered about that passage, and had never made the connection of 'Rachel weeping' to her tomb in Bethlehem. So obvious, but that is awesome, thanks!

Now, chew on this - this blows my socks off..

Rachel died giving birth to Benjamin, and as she was dying named him 'Benoni', which means 'son of my sorrow'.
But Jacob instead named him 'Benjamin', which means 'son of my right hand'.

Now, in the Jews' struggle to understand the conflicting OT prophecies concerning the messiah, they determined that there must be two messiahs. One, the all-conquering messiah, they call 'messiah ben David' - this is who they are waiting for, and why they didn't/don't accept Jesus as their messiah. The other, the all-suffering messiah, they call 'messiah ben Joseph' - this one they have decided must refer to Israel themselves.

So it is very interesting that Jesus was also both 'son of Joseph' (Mary's husband) and the 'son of David' (aire to the throne). And the two names of Benjamin are also a picture of the 'two' messiahs, the two different aspects to Christ's time on earth.

Further, Bethlehem (where Rachel died) became the place where the special flock for the temple sacrifices was kept (it is not far from Jerusalem). So when the shepherds were summoned to witness Jesus in the 'manger', it was typical (a type) of them inspecting the lambs for the sacrifices (which needed to be perfect and without spot) and a foreshadowing of his sacrifice on Passover many years later.

And so, it must also be significant that the name 'Rachel' means 'ewe' - ie. the mother of sheep.

And lastly (I'd really like it to be, but still a little unconvinced),..

I have seen a study suggesting the actual birthplace of Jesus was not some stable at the back of a hotel, but the place where the temple lambs were birthed. The watchtower for the shepherds. If you do a search on 'migdal eder' or 'tower of the flock' you will find it. I can't work out if the tower still exists today or exactly where it was. But it was certainly close by.

Gen 35:19 And Rachel died and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.
Gen 35:20 And Jacob set up a pillar upon her grave. That is the pillar of Rachel's grave to this day.
Gen 35:21 And Israel moved, and spread his tent beyond the tower of Edar.

Mic 4:8 And you, O tower of the flock, the hill of the daughter of Zion, to you it shall happen. And rulers, the chief ones, shall come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.
Absolutely beautiful, rodders2828! I love all the parallels in the scriptures. It’s so fun and life giving to uncover these secrets!

It’s like being an archeologist of the Word! When we (with the Holy Spirit) dig up and uncover a secret truth, we get so excited to share it with everyone. :giggle:

I completely believe it is possible for Yeshua/Jesus to have been born where they keep the sacrificial animals. Makes perfect sense to me!

Great digging! :giggle:

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Absolutely beautiful, rodders2828! I love all the parallels in the scriptures. It’s so fun and life giving to uncover these secrets!

It’s like being an archeologist of the Word! When we (with the Holy Spirit) dig up and uncover a secret truth, we get so excited to share it with everyone. :giggle:

I completely believe it is possible for Yeshua/Jesus to have been born where they keep the sacrificial animals. Makes perfect sense to me!

Great digging! :giggle:
I'm here to find Lafftur!

Johnathan Cahn theorizes that Jesus was born on Nissan 1 (Early April), which is about a week before Passover. If Johnathan is right, than it would line up.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I'm here to find Lafftur!

Johnathan Cahn theorizes that Jesus was born on Nissan 1 (Early April), which is about a week before Passover. If Johnathan is right, than it would line up.

Hello kinda,

You found me! Lol! :giggle:(y)

You’re learning all my special hangouts..... not sure if I’ll be able to hide anymore.... you know all my favorite threads.....:unsure:! Lol :giggle:

I really enjoyed the video! Thank you for posting it. :love:(y)

After watching the video, I think we can know the time of the birth of the anti-christ.

His birth parallels the birth of our Savior- the True Christ - here’s the hint..... according to the world so, that would be December 25th - the false date that we celebrate the birth of Christ.

Which means the false prophet which would be a type of John the Baptist and would be born 6 months earlier.

So, what year would their births be?........ 2012.

Why do I think this? Because the Mayan Calender ended late December of 2012. Remember all the ruckus the Mayan Calendar caused the world in 2012 because it “ended”?

They are the magi for us predicting the birth of the anti-Christ, which means the false prophet was born 6 months prior - in June of 2012..

The anti-Christ was born in Syria (Read Nahum and Isaiah). Satan will enter him on his 12th birthday, which is December 25, 2024, because He will need to be about his father’s business.

Just as the true Christ was about His Father’s business in the Temple in Jerusalem at 12 years old....

The anti-christ will enter the public arena at 30 years old ( just as Christ did when John proclaimed Him as the Lamb of God.). However, the false prophet will proclaim the anti-christ as God.

He will have 3 1/2 years, not seven because the True Christ got the first 3 1/2 years. Amen.
There’s more to know but, all I care to share at this time. :love:(y)

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Just some random thoughts, about things like the Anti-Christ and the end days. I think its part of our fallen nature that we try to delve into what I'll call the mind of God, to discern the hidden messages and meanings in scripture....things like when the end times will come, the rapture and other aspects of the Bible.

I can't cite chapter and verse, but I know there are numerous quotes about it not being for us to know the time, date or hour when these things will come to pass. My own view is that trying to answer these questions...its almost like the Pharisees who were always testing Jesus based on their extensive knowledge of the written word....which the Pharisees knew very well, almost to the point of being like lawyers. Jesus heals on the Sabbath and is rebuked, the law says to stone the woman caught in adultery.

Back to the subject line of this thread....here's my trivia question. When Stephen was stoned after testifying to the Sanhedrien (sp?) who watched over the coats or garments?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Wasn't it Saul?

Reread = YES!

hmm, what was the first plague that Pharaoh's "wise men" could not duplicate? Presuming that they could indeed duplicate the ones prior, and it wasn't illusory.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Now you're stumping me and I don't want to cheat and go back to my 'Bible. I know that I'm confusing the movie and scripture possibly....but I'm thinking of Moses casting down his staff and it turning into a cobra or snake, and then consuming the staffs of Pharoh's "wise men" that had also turned into snakes. But I don't know that..if that was one of the plagues.

There was frogs, fire from the sky, turning the nile red, the big one of course was killing the first born of Egypt....and I'm remembering in the movie that Pharoh made the decree that the first born of the Hebrew slaves would be killed and then Moses called upon the Lord and that plague was visited on the Egypitians.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Now you're stumping me and I don't want to cheat and go back to my 'Bible. I know that I'm confusing the movie and scripture possibly....but I'm thinking of Moses casting down his staff and it turning into a cobra or snake, and then consuming the staffs of Pharoh's "wise men" that had also turned into snakes. But I don't know that..if that was one of the plagues.

There was frogs, fire from the sky, turning the nile red, the big one of course was killing the first born of Egypt....and I'm remembering in the movie that Pharoh made the decree that the first born of the Hebrew slaves would be killed and then Moses called upon the Lord and that plague was visited on the Egypitians.
It's about halfway through. they imitated snakes but that was the initial event. First plague was blood (which they imitated)...following each until they no longer were able to imitate.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hello kinda,

You found me! Lol! :giggle:(y)

You’re learning all my special hangouts..... not sure if I’ll be able to hide anymore.... you know all my favorite threads.....:unsure:! Lol :giggle:

I really enjoyed the video! Thank you for posting it. :love:(y)

After watching the video, I think we can know the time of the birth of the anti-christ.

His birth parallels the birth of our Savior- the True Christ - here’s the hint..... according to the world so, that would be December 25th - the false date that we celebrate the birth of Christ.

Which means the false prophet which would be a type of John the Baptist and would be born 6 months earlier.

So, what year would their births be?........ 2012.

Why do I think this? Because the Mayan Calender ended late December of 2012. Remember all the ruckus the Mayan Calendar caused the world in 2012 because it “ended”?

They are the magi for us predicting the birth of the anti-Christ, which means the false prophet was born 6 months prior - in June of 2012..

The anti-Christ was born in Syria (Read Nahum and Isaiah). Satan will enter him on his 12th birthday, which is December 25, 2024, because He will need to be about his father’s business.

Just as the true Christ was about His Father’s business in the Temple in Jerusalem at 12 years old....

The anti-christ will enter the public arena at 30 years old ( just as Christ did when John proclaimed Him as the Lamb of God.). However, the false prophet will proclaim the anti-christ as God.

He will have 3 1/2 years, not seven because the True Christ got the first 3 1/2 years. Amen.
There’s more to know but, all I care to share at this time. :love:(y)
Shoot, wanted more...:D. Very interesting. Thank you Lafftur. God Bless you, sister.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Whose vineyard did King Ahab greatly desire and pout because the owner would not sell it?

Bonus: How did King Ahab finally get it?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Answer in 1 King 21...

Naboth the Jezreelite.

Ahab's wife Jezebel devised a plan to have two worthless men sit next to Naboth and charge him for cursing God and the king. He was stoned to death, so Ahab got the vineyard of Naboth.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Whose vineyard did King Ahab greatly desire and pout because the owner would not sell it?

Bonus: How did King Ahab finally get it?
Answer in 1 King 21...

Naboth the Jezreelite.

Ahab's wife Jezebel devised a plan to have two worthless men sit next to Naboth and charge him for cursing God and the king. He was stoned to death, so Ahab got the vineyard of Naboth.
Correct! Great job CharliRenee! :love:(y)

Your turn!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ananius was told by the Lord, in a vision, to rise up and go where and to who was he to find?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
David also took Ahinoam of Jezreel, and both of them became his wives.
1 Samuel 25:43 ESV

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Penn how did you determine who was 2nd or 3rd, I am still trying to find it in the verses.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Who was the very first person commissioned by Christ to preach?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Who was the very first person commissioned by Christ to preach?
Answer: Mark 5

"As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was imploring Him that he might accompany Him. And He did not let him, but He said to him, “Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had mercy on you.” And he went away and began to proclaim in Decapolis what great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed."