Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Here's a funny one......

Who raised Cain after being kicked out of the Garden? :giggle:

Joe

Feb 22, 2020
I am a new CC member and I want to learn more from all of you here.
Could I ask a question?
Q: Why we (human being) are created lonely by God ? Why we are alone in the universe?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I am a new CC member and I want to learn more from all of you here.
Could I ask a question?
Q: Why we (human being) are created lonely by God ? Why we are alone in the universe?
God said it was not good for man to be alone so, God created the woman Eve. We are NEVER alone in the universe, God is with us....... Emanuel - God with us.

Joe, I know you're new, but the questions you ask sound like you should start your own thread with the questions and let people answer you on the Bible Discussion Forum (BDF). Go to the home page of the BDF and click on the blue highlighted area that says "Start Thread" then follow the prompts. Enjoy!

On the Bible Trivia Thread - we just keep it fun and ask questions that lead people to read their Bible to find the answer.

For example....

Q: How many spies returned with a bad report about giants and grasshoppers?
A: 10 spies found in Numbers 13.

If we don't know the answer then we go to the Bible and look it up. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hi again Joe, it's actually the blue highlight area called "Post Thread." Enjoy!

Joe

Feb 22, 2020
God said it was not good for man to be alone so, God created the woman Eve. We are NEVER alone in the universe, God is with us....... Emanuel - God with us.

Joe, I know you're new, but the questions you ask sound like you should start your own thread with the questions and let people answer you on the Bible Discussion Forum (BDF). Go to the home page of the BDF and click on the blue highlighted area that says "Start Thread" then follow the prompts. Enjoy!

On the Bible Trivia Thread - we just keep it fun and ask questions that lead people to read their Bible to find the answer.

For example....

Q: How many spies returned with a bad report about giants and grasshoppers?
A: 10 spies found in Numbers 13.

If we don't know the answer then we go to the Bible and look it up. :love:(y)
Thank you.

M

Michael29

Hmmmm..........the name of the fruit was ........ well, I can name the tree. Does that count?

It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The fruit must have tasted bittersweet.

Okay. I do not know the name of the fruit. :(
It is one of the following:

- Grape Vine
- Fig Tree
- Wheat Tree
- Date Tree

If you are scratching your head, I'll explain. A tree biblically is labelled like a Perineal, if it comes back the following year, it is a tree (minus plants). In Judaism blueberries and raspberry "bushes" (in English) are actually trees. Banana "trees" are actually not trees. I hope that is a tidbit.

Now, it will take a ton of explaining, but the answer is "Fig Tree" and Jesus gives us the answer in 2 ways. John 1:48. Nathaniel is a representation of the tribe of Dan. We learn from Jacob's blessings that Dan's symbol is a snake. We all know that a snake was in the garden of Eden (that is a whole story on its own). Nathaniel being learned in the Scriptures knows what it means under the tribe of Dan and what Jacob meant to imply. Jesus never saw Nathaniel before in this 30 AD context BUT he did see him before in the Garden of Eden under the tree! This is why Nathaniel responded with "you are the King of Israel". Tell me, why else would someone reply like this? Now, what tree was this? A FIG TREE!

Why did Jesus curse and burn a fig tree? Out of the things in the Bible to write, we have a story that "looks" like Jesus went on a rampage (God forbid). Jesus cursed that tree because it wasn't "ripe" yet. Meaning the Tree of Knowledge was NOT YET meant to be eaten by Adam and Eve. I say "not yet" because with deeper Tanakh understanding, you have to ask, why did God put the tree with fruit in the Garden in the first place? Why was the sin so bad? Yes it was a test, but fine test them with something else, why a Fig Tree? The tree was cursed to symbolize that the "time" was not ready yet and still today is not ready, until the second coming of Messiah! :)

Enjoy!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
It is one of the following:

- Grape Vine
- Fig Tree
- Wheat Tree
- Date Tree

If you are scratching your head, I'll explain. A tree biblically is labelled like a Perineal, if it comes back the following year, it is a tree (minus plants). In Judaism blueberries and raspberry "bushes" (in English) are actually trees. Banana "trees" are actually not trees. I hope that is a tidbit.

Now, it will take a ton of explaining, but the answer is "Fig Tree" and Jesus gives us the answer in 2 ways. John 1:48. Nathaniel is a representation of the tribe of Dan. We learn from Jacob's blessings that Dan's symbol is a snake. We all know that a snake was in the garden of Eden (that is a whole story on its own). Nathaniel being learned in the Scriptures knows what it means under the tribe of Dan and what Jacob meant to imply. Jesus never saw Nathaniel before in this 30 AD context BUT he did see him before in the Garden of Eden under the tree! This is why Nathaniel responded with "you are the King of Israel". Tell me, why else would someone reply like this? Now, what tree was this? A FIG TREE!

Why did Jesus curse and burn a fig tree? Out of the things in the Bible to write, we have a story that "looks" like Jesus went on a rampage (God forbid). Jesus cursed that tree because it wasn't "ripe" yet. Meaning the Tree of Knowledge was NOT YET meant to be eaten by Adam and Eve. I say "not yet" because with deeper Tanakh understanding, you have to ask, why did God put the tree with fruit in the Garden in the first place? Why was the sin so bad? Yes it was a test, but fine test them with something else, why a Fig Tree? The tree was cursed to symbolize that the "time" was not ready yet and still today is not ready, until the second coming of Messiah! :)

Enjoy!
Hello Michael29, Welcome to Bible Trivia! :love:

Your commentary was fun to read - not really an "answer" to the Bible Trivia question because answers need to be clearly found in scripture not an interpretation. Generally, what we do is answer the question and then give our commentary or interpretation of the scripture, but answers must always be clearly stated in scripture.

In response to your commentary/interpretation, the Earth was different during the time of Adam and Eve - the atmosphere, climate, etc.... it's not scientifically possible to judge a tree in the Garden of Eden with a tree in today's world - so much has changed.

I do believe Yeshua/Jesus could see Nathanael under the literal fig tree in Israel and Nathanael was not a snake under the fig tree in the Garden of Eden, although God does remove the tribe of Dan in Revelation. There are a lot of intriguing scriptures regarding "fig trees and fig leaves."

It is interesting that Nathanael being from the Tribe of Dan which means Judge and he was sitting under a fig tree which represents the Nation of Israel.

Yeshua/Jesus addressed Nathaniel as "a true Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile." Yet, Nathanael had "judged" Yeshua/Jesus as being corrupt - "how can anything good come out of Nazarath (especially the Messiah)?"

It is life giving to dig deep into the scriptures and try to connect the dots, when we do, it's best to stick to what the scriptures say and not wander or wonder to far from them. :giggle:

God bless you Michael29, and again, welcome to Bible Trivia! Please feel free to asks some questions! :love:(y)

M

Michael29

Hello Michael29, Welcome to Bible Trivia! :love:

Your commentary was fun to read - not really an "answer" to the Bible Trivia question because answers need to be clearly found in scripture not an interpretation. Generally, what we do is answer the question and then give our commentary or interpretation of the scripture, but answers must always be clearly stated in scripture.

In response to your commentary/interpretation, the Earth was different during the time of Adam and Eve - the atmosphere, climate, etc.... it's not scientifically possible to judge a tree in the Garden of Eden with a tree in today's world - so much has changed.

I do believe Yeshua/Jesus could see Nathanael under the literal fig tree in Israel and Nathanael was not a snake under the fig tree in the Garden of Eden, although God does remove the tribe of Dan in Revelation. There are a lot of intriguing scriptures regarding "fig trees and fig leaves."

It is interesting that Nathanael being from the Tribe of Dan which means Judge and he was sitting under a fig tree which represents the Nation of Israel.

Yeshua/Jesus addressed Nathaniel as "a true Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile." Yet, Nathanael had "judged" Yeshua/Jesus as being corrupt - "how can anything good come out of Nazarath (especially the Messiah)?"

It is life giving to dig deep into the scriptures and try to connect the dots, when we do, it's best to stick to what the scriptures say and not wander or wonder to far from them. :giggle:

God bless you Michael29, and again, welcome to Bible Trivia! Please feel free to asks some questions! :love:(y)
Shalom Aleichem! I have been following your replies and I can see you are quite education! Praise God I really do enjoy seeing such educated and spiritually filled questions and answers!

As to quoting, I just left them out because most what I posted can be found but I can always include all the sources if need be. I want answer your last point. Throughout the bible one of many points is to "seek wisdom". King Solomon is the wisest of us all and tells us to seek it. Question: If one simply reads the bible from front to back, knows it all be heart, does that constitute as knowledge or wisdom? I am sure you know the answer. So therefore what is wisdom and HOW is it obtained? If you ever left a newborn to live for itself, could it live on its own? If it could, what characteristic traits would it have as a default that we can see in children? Why does the bible endless show us the teachers of every student? Why did the bible have to add that Jesus sat at the feet of Rabbi's and learned? Why did Paul make a big stink that he was a student of Rabban Gamliel? Biggest hint comes from why the Torah is not called the Torah of God...but "The Torah or Law of Moshe/Moses". Why is it called the Law of Moses? Is it not God's?

My point being is that wisdom is not only when we can properly connect the dots, but that those dots have been connected thousands of years ago by the most wisest of councils and passed down to us and we still align with another. For the Bible literally has within it the entire knowledge of the world, every event in history and even this conversation, but it is "hidden" like a treasure, like a gem and one must dig deep to find it, but also it must be validated from authority.

The bible is select on its words and doesn't tell us much about creation, yet it shares the story of Issac digging "wells" for chapters on in. Why? What a "useless" text right?

:) God Bless you. I hope to hear your reply!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Shalom Aleichem! I have been following your replies and I can see you are quite education! Praise God I really do enjoy seeing such educated and spiritually filled questions and answers!

As to quoting, I just left them out because most what I posted can be found but I can always include all the sources if need be. I want answer your last point. Throughout the bible one of many points is to "seek wisdom". King Solomon is the wisest of us all and tells us to seek it. Question: If one simply reads the bible from front to back, knows it all be heart, does that constitute as knowledge or wisdom? I am sure you know the answer. So therefore what is wisdom and HOW is it obtained? If you ever left a newborn to live for itself, could it live on its own? If it could, what characteristic traits would it have as a default that we can see in children? Why does the bible endless show us the teachers of every student? Why did the bible have to add that Jesus sat at the feet of Rabbi's and learned? Why did Paul make a big stink that he was a student of Rabban Gamliel? Biggest hint comes from why the Torah is not called the Torah of God...but "The Torah or Law of Moshe/Moses". Why is it called the Law of Moses? Is it not God's?

My point being is that wisdom is not only when we can properly connect the dots, but that those dots have been connected thousands of years ago by the most wisest of councils and passed down to us and we still align with another. For the Bible literally has within it the entire knowledge of the world, every event in history and even this conversation, but it is "hidden" like a treasure, like a gem and one must dig deep to find it, but also it must be validated from authority.

The bible is select on its words and doesn't tell us much about creation, yet it shares the story of Issac digging "wells" for chapters on in. Why? What a "useless" text right?

:) God Bless you. I hope to hear your reply!
Michael29, you ask wonderful questions that need to be in their own thread in the Bible Discussion Forum, NOT the Bible Trivia Thread.

Here, we just post questions about the stories or lessons in the Bible that can be answered clearly and plainly in the chapter and verses of the Bible. For example:

Q: Which King of Israel asked God for wisdom and knowledge?

A: Solomon.

2 Chronicles 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?

When we ask a question, others need to be able to find the scripture with the answer in it. After they answer, then if you'd like to comment or share your insight, please do.

Do NOT ask questions based on your insight or interpretations.

God bless you, too Michael29!

If you post your deep questions on their own thread in the Bible Discussion Forum, I will answer them along with many others.

I know you are new and may not know how to so simply.....

Click on "Christian Forums" at the very top of website.
Click on "Bible Discussion Forum" in the list of forums.
Click on "Post Thread" highlighted in blue, located at the top right.
Give your thread a Title and then start typing your post.
When finished, I think you click "Post"
Then you wait for approval of your thread - takes about 10 to 25 minutes.
Then everyone sees it and starts posting replies.

Enjoy! You are a blessing to all of us! Much love to you! :love:(y)

M

Michael29

Michael29, you ask wonderful questions that need to be in their own thread in the Bible Discussion Forum, NOT the Bible Trivia Thread.

Here, we just post questions about the stories or lessons in the Bible that can be answered clearly and plainly in the chapter and verses of the Bible. For example:

Q: Which King of Israel asked God for wisdom and knowledge?

A: Solomon.

2 Chronicles 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?

When we ask a question, others need to be able to find the scripture with the answer in it. After they answer, then if you'd like to comment or share your insight, please do.

Do NOT ask questions based on your insight or interpretations.

God bless you, too Michael29!

If you post your deep questions on their own thread in the Bible Discussion Forum, I will answer them along with many others.

I know you are new and may not know how to so simply.....

Click on "Christian Forums" at the very top of website.
Click on "Bible Discussion Forum" in the list of forums.
Click on "Post Thread" highlighted in blue, located at the top right.
Give your thread a Title and then start typing your post.
When finished, I think you click "Post"
Then you wait for approval of your thread - takes about 10 to 25 minutes.
Then everyone sees it and starts posting replies.

Enjoy! You are a blessing to all of us! Much love to you! :love:(y)

Thank you! Gotchya!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Sorry to inconvenience anyone but could you repost the last question asked. I see lots but they were examples of questions and i am not sure if in the history of this thread they were already answered.

Thank you in advance.