What are your favorite Christmas traditions?Keep it positive, edifying, and respectful. I fully understand that nobody knows the true day or hour (sound familiar?) that he first came. Most of us know it's the day that was chosen onto which we celebrate His birth. I'll start ith @magentas Christmas panel:
What do you call the wise men bringing gifts to acknowledge/commemorate His birth?His birth is documented in scripture, the celebration is NOT...???
Good thing you spammed question marks. It added so much to your post. I wasn't going to accept what you said but once I saw the question marks I decided to believe youin the near east, it was customary to honour a KING by bringing 'gifts' -
and it was a very joyous occasion.
the premise that Jesus was 'born' on Dec. 25th cannot be 'proved', and it is highly questionable???
and also xmas is totally connected to 'pagan roots'...
MATT. 15:9.
But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mag,
hub and I are not 'negating the joyous occasion of our Saviour's birth', but we 'question the point'
of 'celebrating it once a year, due to the lack of scriptural evidence to DO SO...
it's so very obvious that this is just another 'HOLIDAY', for even pagan countries mockingly celebrate
our so called 'holidays'...
and the majority have 'never even heard of Jesus Christ, and to boot, they worship 'a false god called buddah',
a dead man of NO consequence', DEAD...
((by the way, buddah, himself TOLD his followers at his death, 'PLEASE, do not make any images of me'...
?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Getting to give someone special, that something special, that I went out of my way just for them. Cruising the town looking for & at the best home on the best decorated block. (And wondering how much their electric bill would be)What are your favorite Christmas traditions?
Mine is eggnog, chilling in the darken glow of Christmas tree all lit up and the spirit of gratefulness that reminds Christians to think about Jesus's birth and all that represents. Then the season typically reminds people to show love or compassion. Families cherish the memories of the past while creating new memories in the present.
Keep it positive, edifying, and respectful. I fully understand that nobody knows the true day or hour (sound familiar?) that he first came. Most of us know it's the day that was chosen onto which we celebrate His birth. I'll start ith @magentas Christmas panel:
What do you call the wise men bringing gifts to acknowledge/commemorate His birth?
Good thing you spammed question marks. It added so much to your post. I wasn't going to accept what you said but once I saw the question marks I decided to believe you
![]()
Good thing you spammed question marks. It added so much to your post. I wasn't going to accept what you said but once I saw the question marks I decided to believe you
![]()
You know it dude!!! It ain't a party until Sub drops in to make sarcastic comments...........And your sarcastic satire added so much more to the thread woopdy doo![]()
Christmas Eve supper (snacks, finger-food only) and Christmas Day breakfast.What are your favorite Christmas traditions?
Christmas Eve supper (snacks, finger-food only) and Christmas Day breakfast.
On Christmas Eve the whole family gets together at Grandma's and brings cheese balls, crackers, deviled eggs, salmon dip (don't knock it till you've tried it) and Sis. Jackson brings liver pate. Sis. Jackson is an elderly lady we kind of adopted into our family after her husband died. She spends the night here on Christmas Eve. We give each other Christmas presents.
On Christmas Day we have breakfast with cheese-and-eggs, bacon, sausage, Grandma's biscuits, white gravy, red-eye gravy, sometimes chocolate gravy, cheese grits, and occasionally fried jalapenos because my uncles like to cause pain to their mouths.Then we play Dirty Santa with $10 gifts.
I'm not sure how things will play out this year. Covid has been really cramping our style since March.
Christmas lunch is when everybody goes to have Christmas with the other side of their respective families. I think that's why we have Christmas breakfast.
Christmas supper is leftovers, and we somehow usually wind up back at Grandma's although nobody ever made plans to return at night.