Let's Talk About Gross Things......"

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Would not using the number 144 instead of 380 have made an even better joke?

Just trying to help you improve your comedy. ;)
Confession - I never took calculus in school. So I don't have any idea what Karlon is talking about.
 
CarriePie...I hear you, one time a former friend was thirsty and she asked if she could have a drink out of MY drink bottle. I wish I had a cup but I didn't and I was nowhere near a water fountain but I let her anyway...I just felt a little squeemish after she did that. I can't remember if it was just a random plastic drink bottle that you buy at the shops with water in it, as I probably would have just given the whole bottle to her to drink the rest.

It's like people who smoke and they share cigarettes/vapes. No! Or they wear lipstick and it gets all over their cups. Anyway to me that is gross anything that is saliva-ey, like dogs slobber, I can only handle my own saliva, not anyone else's. And the stuff that comes out of my own nose.

Boys don't understand that when they kiss you, they are going to give you their germs, colds, and bad breath. That's why it's gross.

I've been in at least one eatery where I've ordered a coffee and the cup I was given had a lipstick mark still on it. I realize that some of those lipsticks can be hard to wash off, but they're gonna have to try harder 😳
 
  • Wow
Reactions: seoulsearch
I've been in at least one eatery where I've ordered a coffee and the cup I was given had a lipstick mark still on it. I realize that some of those lipsticks can be hard to wash off, but they're gonna have to try harder 😳
True - there really is no excuse for that...

Not to mention - if you are in a service industry and totally "miss" seeing something like that while preparing a cup of coffee for a customer (because you are not paying enough attention) - something is really really really wrong with that whole thing.
 
I don't really understand the point of lipstick. Is it to stick your lips together, like glue.
Also my lips are already coloured in, like naturally pink. Why would I want to make them even pinker?
 
I have nothing against lipstick. I hardly wear it anymore though. I constantly use lip balm. My lips are always parched.
I do use balm sometimes as it's clear and is just beeswax.
Lipstick stains though and I don't think the ingredients of it is healthy.
 
I was in a toy store yesterday and the shopkeeper/cashier said the latest fad in toys that all the kids love is squishies.
It used to be slime, but that got messy. Teachers hated slime.

Squishies are like those rubber memory foam or something that looks like a stick of butter than you can knead/squish but bounce back and keep their shape. It's not sticky or chewy.

I do recall I used to bite the ends of pens and pencils but you not supposed to put them in your mouth. And licking the backs of stamps and envelopes to seal them. Some saliva is good its better than having a dry mouth.

What does everyone think of chewing gum? It's banned in Singapore. People stick it anywhere when it loses its flavour and its the worst to have it stuck to your shoe or hair.
 
1st, this is 2ndTimeIsTheCharm's fault. she said watching your parents kiss is gross. well, i'll add to that. let's get gross, all together. ready? go!!!!!!!! the GROSS vehicle weight of my 2019 ford f 550 is 19,500 pounds, the GROSS vehicle weight of my 2008 chevy 350 pick up is 9,700 pounds & the GROSS vehicle weight of my 2019 chevy 3500 Silverado is 9,500 pounds. hahahahahah nyuknyuknyuk!!!!
.

I don't know if this will count, but I've been talking to my accountant lately, prepping for tax season next years, and inevitably, the subject of gross income vs. net income came up.

Very clever thread idea, @Karlon!! :D
 
  • Heart
Reactions: CarriePie
As to the conversation about lipstick...

I love lipstick. I've always loved makeup due to the artistry behind it, but the older I get, the less I wear. My avatar pictures reflect how much makeup I wear in real life.

My lip color has faded over time and my own mother asks if I have the flu if I don't add a little color to my face. I'm also always wearing some sort of lip product because otherwise, I have this nervous habit of biting my lips.

HOWEVER, when drinking a beverage, I always wipe off the edges with a napkin or towel -- even if I'm out in public or at someone's house -- and even if it's just clear lip balm.

A clear lip product will often still leave residue, even it it's not as visibly noticeable, so for sanitary reasons, I always wipe of any glass or cup I'm using.

Just had to make a statement that not everyone who uses lip products is a complete savage! 😂
 
I guess thats why some people use disposable straws.

I've never wiped a cup after a drink out of it, usually wash the whole thing or put it in the dishwasher I wouldn't leave it out for someone else to use. I have my own cup and glass at home that nobody else can drink out of except for me.

Everything else though can be used by anyone after its been washed and dried and put away.

I do wash my hands before eating and after I've been out and about, and also after gardening. And always after I've been to the toilet/ bathroom.

I'm thankful for things like indoor plumbing and indoor toilets, and ensuite bathrooms are a real luxury if you don't have to share. I'm not the most superclean person, but I don't like grubby things, I'll always chuck out anything thats mouldy or going off.

Some people like to keep everything but one thing I don't like is spotty brown bananas and fermented food like stinky tofu. Funny though I like blue vein cheese.

Working as a librarian and people would donate their old, worn out of date books where the pages had gone all brown and spotty. I'm grossed out by them and wonder how anyone finds them readable. People don't dust, and they don't look after their books. Also smokers - the cigarette smell gets into everything. They can't smell it but I can.
 
Used tissues, crumbs, fingerprints...I wouldn't use someone elses phone or computer they've had their hands and fingers all over, and funny that people are so used to touch screens but with dirty fingers don't always wipe them down properly.

Also what I find gross is people who lick their fingers, then turn the pages of books. Why would you do that??
 
Also what I find gross is people who lick their fingers, then turn the pages of books. Why would you do that??
People do that because it helps the finger to "stick" to the page and "lift" the page so as to ensure that only one page is turned.
 
I never got why people think they should 'correct' people when they haven't asked for it.
Unless you are a teacher and that person is a student. It's not your place to do so.

Sorry its just a bugbear I have.
 
I don't know if this will count, but I've been talking to my accountant lately, prepping for tax season next years, and inevitably, the subject of gross income vs. net income came up.

Very clever thread idea, @Karlon!! :D
your head is bursting with ideas!
People do that because it helps the finger to "stick" to the page and "lift" the page so as to ensure that only one page is turned.
i keep a mildly damp cloth next to me for page changing.
certainly will count. that's super! you may earn more than me now that i'm half retired!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch