Let's Talk About Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
Glad I make sense to someone :)

Well....if I have a question..I always look to you...no one else.....apart from dc....probably because you have a lot of scripture knowledge and wisdom....I’ve read a lot of your posts.....same wavelength I think.....

E

eternally-gratefull

Well....if I have a question..I always look to you...no one else.....apart from dc....probably because you have a lot of scripture knowledge and wisdom....I’ve read a lot of your posts.....same wavelength I think.....
God gets the glory. He continues to teach me. I am so blessed

May 19, 2020
God gets the glory. He continues to teach me. I am so blessed
You are blessed indeed...I thank God for you on this forum...you keep me grounded...or should I say God keeps me grounded through you.....you have a gift....that brings the best out of people......you certainly brought the best out in me,.......

E

eternally-gratefull

You are blessed indeed...I thank God for you on this forum...you keep me grounded...or should I say God keeps me grounded through you.....you have a gift....that brings the best out of people......you certainly brought the best out in me,.......
Thank you. That means a lot to me

P

pottersclay

Sinless perfection...you'll never see it this side of heaven.
Sin does not make you a sinner...you are a sinner because you sin.
Now what to do about it.

Let's go back to Genesis.......Is hiding from God the answer? Is covering it up the answer? Is blaming it on someone or something else the answer?
Is confessing to God the answer?

Let's look at Cain's offering...... Now did the Lord rebuke Cain?.......Did the Lord curse Cain?.... Did the Lord extend grace to Cain?.... Did Cain except grace from the Lord?
We are saved by grace alone

John tells us that if we sin know (or remember) that we have a advocate ....Jesus.

Who not only covers but takes away the sin as far as the east is from the west.

God warned Cain that sin lies at the door. What is meant by this? Where is the door? The door is your heart.
If sin is not answered to then it will enter in your heart to either repeat it or condemn you for it.
The Lord does not condemn but convicts by his holy spirit. He convicts us to repentance which is only found in Christ.
Now if we refuse to deal with this sin it hardens the heart...which causes us to walk away from the Lord such is the story of Cain.
Without repentance their is no forgiveness.

Apr 5, 2020
Here's a few more...
our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

Just be honest here. None of your current actions and thoughts are less than pure 100% of the time? Don't lie, because lying is the easiest sin to commit and easiest sin to accept and live with.

Chester

May 23, 2016
No I do not have any sin in the new man.
Of course not: for the believer any sins that we might commit our forgiven and are never put on our record: hence our spirit level new man is always free from sin!

But, Peterlag, has your flesh committed any sins in the past five years?

May 19, 2020
Of course not: for the believer any sins that we might commit our forgiven and are never put on our record: hence our spirit level new man is always free from sin!

Tell me someone’s who hasn’t.....you wouldn’t find one.

Jun 15, 2020
What does this sentence mean?
Are you trying to justify yourself to the Lord?
I'm not writing about Justification. I'm writing about sin. I can write about Justification maybe later.

Jun 15, 2020
Tell me someone’s who hasn’t.....you wouldn’t find one.
I can't sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Jun 15, 2020

I'm not writing about my flesh. I'm writing about the spirit of Christ. And in him is no sin. Here's a few more...
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Jun 15, 2020
Just be honest here. None of your current actions and thoughts are less than pure 100% of the time? Don't lie, because lying is the easiest sin to commit and easiest sin to accept and live with.
Maybe we should tare those Scriptures that mention sin out of the Bible so we can continue to walk in our old man.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe we should tare those Scriptures that mention sin out of the Bible so we can continue to walk in our old man.
Have you ever committed a sin in your walk as a new man? Your reasoning is hard to follow due to your convoluted sense of logic. It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong if no one can understand what you are saying. Any message or insight you are trying to convey is muted by your obstinate nature.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm not writing about Justification. I'm writing about sin. I can write about Justification maybe later.
Don’t think I addressed you at all.

Jun 15, 2020
He said If we, he included himself

unless you think John was a non christian there is a major flaw.
This is what I see when I read it...

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"
6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."
5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

Jun 15, 2020
Yes he was because
Yes he was talking to the church, read the entire book of 1st john where was he when he said this? who were mostly there when he referenced this? He would not say if anyone claims to be without sin then the truth is not him to unbelievers because the truth was never in them to begin with so claiming to have no sin and thus the truth is not in them would be pointless because it is already known the truth is not in them.

You can claim to have no sin but that in itself is a sin, Yes we are made free in being born again we are not bound by the chains of sin and not to serve sin however Jesus said we would recieve a helper and one thing the spirit does is convict us when we sin.
If we claim to be without sin then when he does convict us we ignore him and maybe this isn't the case for you but my sin keeps me humble it makes me all the more grateful for what Jesus did for me. We go before him as humble servents we come to him with humble hearts knowing we are not worthy we come in rags and dirt because this is the image of one who is humble one who knows their weakness knows their need for him and yet beneath the rags and dirt is disguised a pure and holy king and queen.

We are to have a repentant heart but there is no repentance if we think there is no need for it is there?
This is what I see when I read it...

Chapter 1
6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"
6. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
7. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
8. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
9. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
10. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

Chapter 2
1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
1. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
2. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

3 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
3. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

4 "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
4. Not in him because we are either not saved or have not put on the new man.

5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."
5. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.

6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
6. In him because we are saved and have put on the new man.