Life after Widowed

  • Thread starter Thread starter shortstuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shortstuff

Guest
Any other young widows on here that have struggled with moving forward?
 
Hi ShortStuff. I'm not sure if I qualify, but I was widowed 3 years ago. I go through periods of being not ok, but mostly at this point I'm ok (if that makes sense). I'm happy to chat it out if you'd like.
 
Im 3 years out not to actually. Ive been with someone a for while now but sometimes truly feel we are on different pages and Im lost I really don't want to start over again.
 
I think it's ok not to be ready yet. Well, I hope it is anyway... because as much as I want to be ready to be in another relationship, moving towards marriage I'm not sure I am.

Being widowed is not like a break-up, and it's not like divorce. In both of those, typically love has died long before the end and the end is a relief (though don't get me wrong it has it's own deep heartache).

What I wouldn't give for one more hug, one more "I love you", just... more time. But even that wouldn't be enough, would it?

I picture my experience in readying myself for whatever new man may come into my life as adding on an additional room. The room that contained my first marriage wasn't torn down, the door is closed and I can visit the memories any time I'd like, but there is till space in my heart and life for someone new to love and to be loved by.

The struggle is between those two places I suppose. Wanting to honor my husband... and what lies ahead.

I have found that I am clinging to my relationship with God. As we all should, but it's a lovely place here too. I'm learning more about Him, more about me. Growth and healing in one. :)

Praying for you, ShortStuff!