Life hacks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I bought 24 books , asked the store to put it in a cardboard box and just carried the box to my car.

Id never use a store bag, I have my own cloth shopping bags and totes. I'd never buy more than I could actually carry that dont make sense.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I bought 24 books , asked the store to put it in a cardboard box and just carried the box to my car.

Id never use a store bag, I have my own cloth shopping bags and totes. I'd never buy more than I could actually carry that dont make sense.
Here we go again...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
If you have something baked on your oven dish and it's really hard to scrub take a dryer sheet bounce or store brand put it in the dish with a little dish soap fill with water let soak for 15 mins and it comes right off without hard scrubbing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
For quick snack with your netflix

brown paper bag, tablespoon of popcorn, fold over microwave high 1:30 seconds. Perfect popcorn every time. Sprinkle with salt. You can reuse the paper bag.

Put butter in bottom of the bowl of popcorn for buttery taste as the hot popcorn will melt the butter.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Oh, I have hacks all right. Here are a few legendary ones.

Hack the Oneth, aka "The Purpose of Snot." Snot is a valuable fluid which resides in your head. If, like me, you struggle with dust or pollen allergies, having said fluid leaking from your nostrils at all times is deeply unpleasant and socially repulsive. Hence the invention of the "Kleenex." However, it is important to use the tissue properly. SOME snot is needed to coat your mucus membranes and keep you from sneezing/leaking like a snot fountain. If you "over-blow" your nose to the point of dryness, you are setting yourself up more more sinus irritation and sneezing. Blow your nose gently to remove EXTRA mucus, but leave enough precious snot to keep your nose lubricated to the point of functionality. If you "over-blow" your nose... the dust from the very Kleenex themselves can trigger another attack of sneezing!

Hack the Twoth, aka "How To Win A Battle Against Citrus Fruits." Probably in your local supermarket, the aisles are lined with all manner of fruit peelers, each stupider and more useless than the last, but all touting themselves as being legendary Excaliburs of citrus fruit... uh, "de-peelation." Don't be fooled. Lose the useless peelers and just use an ordinary fork instead. Slide one of the side tines under the skin and push it around the citrus fruit to slice a ring through the peel. Then do it once more. You should end up with four "lunes" or crescent-peel-wedges. Then just use your thumbs to peel up those peel segments. Easy peasy and FAST. With this method, citrus peelers lose their appeel

Hack the Threeth, aka "Keep It Juicy." Hydration is really important in ways that you may never have thought about before. I started having crippling migraines at about the age of 12. It took me over a decade to figure out that most of it was dehydration. Now, if I stay hydrated, I usually don't get migraines, or if I feel one coming on, I can take the Holy Trinity of migraine repulsion (water, potassium-banana, and caffeine/sugar-soft drink) and pretty much all the time the migraine goes away or is very mild. Staying hydrated can also help with inflammation, which is one of the leading causes of general pain.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You could coat your nostrils in Vaseline to prevent dryness and irritation, it is sort of like mucus.

Otherwise, with lots of people wearing masks these days, nobody is really seeing your nose.

To prevent fogging up glasses, in those blue rectangle type surgical masks, just use a band aid/sticking plaster to keep the mask from sliding off your nose.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Speaking of a pot full of water, if you cook something that you know will stick to the pot/pan, put some water in it after you empty the pot/pan of food and heat that water to boiling. Use a metal spoon (preferably) to loosen the stuck food residue. Remove from heat and cool before pouring the water down the drain.

If you have a smartphone, use its camera to take photos of any food package prep instructions so you can refer to them later. That way, you can go ahead and throw the packages away (or put them back in the cabinet, fridge or freezer).

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
You could coat your nostrils in Vaseline to prevent dryness and irritation, it is sort of like mucus.

Otherwise, with lots of people wearing masks these days, nobody is really seeing your nose.

To prevent fogging up glasses, in those blue rectangle type surgical masks, just use a band aid/sticking plaster to keep the mask from sliding off your nose.
Oh, sister, I expressly moved to a state where we don't do the mask wearing nonsense. Never again.

Mask mandates are a crime against humanity, especially children. Numerous studies have now proven that they are very harmful to one's health. They hold carbon dioxide and bacteria up to the face, causing breathing and skin problems as well as oxygen deprivation in kids.

On top of that, they are not effective at stopping COVID. If you can smell a fart while wearing a mask, it's not doing much for you. The only masks that ARE effective are N95 masks or KN95 masks, and then ONLY if they are FITTED. If they are not, then particulates are simply going past the mask on the sides.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com

The Vaseline idea could work tho. Please let me know how it works for you! ;P

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well some places you need the n95 like in hospital, but other workplaces only provide the disposable masks. They gave us useless plastic clips for them but they dont work, a sticky plaster works better to stop them from sliding off.

I dont agree with them but if you have to wear one for work then thats what you do. Or just stay home, but you'll get it anyway from your hands if its around and you touching stuff and someones eating with their mask off because while you might wash you hands before and after, eating, someone else might not...and everyone has to eat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the hayfever/pollen thing I tried vaseline as temp measure, it worked ok but it was more effective to buy the expsenive tablets that had quail egg in them.

although try to stay indoors on high pollen count days and avoid grassy areas and privet trees.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
the hayfever/pollen thing I tried vaseline as temp measure, it worked ok but it was more effective to buy the expsenive tablets that had quail egg in them.

although try to stay indoors on high pollen count days and avoid grassy areas and privet trees.
Quail egg, eh? Interesting, never knew that.

As for the masks, well... I'm an American! Gotta fight the evil power!

Actually, my final job in Maryland didn't require a mask for most of the time I was there, but they instituted a new mandate in the state at the beginning of the year. I told them I simply wasn't going to wear a mask. I had only a few weeks left anyways. I told my managers, "I'm ready, willing, and able to work the rest of my scheduled shifts but I'm not complying with this mask nonsense." They let me work and didn't bother me about it again.