L
ladylynn
Guest
Amen. Life is so much better now that we are no longer under bondage. Walking in freedom!
AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!
Amen. Life is so much better now that we are no longer under bondage. Walking in freedom!
I'm sorry to say there are many believers who are still stuck in that lie that keeps them from knowing the true extent of what God has done IN Christ for them. Like you Chester , i used to think the same thing about God marking down every bad thought vs every good one. And you are right!! that is the devil's technique. Not our loving Fathers approach.
At the end of the day, had I not confessed with many tears and sick gut emotions as I believed was due God., those sins were still there the next morning!! I honestly tried before going to bed to remember any sin I committed that day so those sins were not held to my account the next morning when I woke up.
I hated waking up the next day with those sins still on me. So I would set my alarm on getting up at 4 a.m. having plenty of time to show God how sorry I was by confessing with tears and gut wrenching remorse during my Bible reading time. What a way to look forward to your Bible reading and fellowship with the Father???!!!!
No wonder many times I was defeated before even getting out of bed!! Soon my sins out weighed my good actions and there was no way to get it all cleaned up again for all the times I avoided the Bible reading and prayer. I must not have been that sorry if I didn't enjoy this Bible time!More guilt and condemnation on top of guilt and condemnation.
So the whole crazy scenario went on each year. Weeks of trying to always be "spiritual" and never think anything wrong. I could easily not "do" sin like not lie or cheat or steal from the store. But what about the mind? How could I always think holy thoughts?? Especially if people were doing wrong to me that day or days?
Going and confessing every thought was over whelming. Soon I avoided praying because the guilt of the verse "be sure your sin will find you out".. came to mind and I couldn't give the proper heart felt time of crying that I felt God insisted on if I really was sorry. So the sins all built up to this huge crescendo.
So probably 2x a month I'd have this major break down of crying and begging God's forgiveness and cleansing. I didn't know that Jesus took care of all my sin and guilt and shame. I didn't know I could thank God for sending Jesus and He paid for all my sins including those in my mind. I didn't know for so many years that His grace, unmerited love and favor were already mine not only for the time I first believed and was saved but for all the days after.
The truth is that my standing was sure IN Christ and grace to forgive and forget was available all the time every moment of every day because Jesus LIVES. Grace is unmerited un earned favor given because Jesus already paid for me.
So all my guts revolting, my tears and all that work I thought God wanted and liked and even required of me to show how really sorry I was were lies of the enemy. I believed for those lies for many many years.
Yes, me too. And the more I sinned the same sin, the more tears I offered for it... trying to achieve true repentance xD
I'm so glad this burden is off our shoulders now.
When I first read Romans 6:14 (For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.) I thought it was God telling me to do something so that sin shall not have dominion over me anymore because I am under grace and not under law. How ironic is that?!
Now, I read it again, and I understand that Paul is writing, rather obviously, a fact. That now that I'm under grace, sin shall have no dominion over me. I could live the rest of my life figuring out how that works or simply believe that God is THAT powerful and gracious.
Now I can truly say, I can't boast of my own flesh for I have done nothing but only believed. Glory to God!
"The branch of the vine does not worry, and toil, and rush here to seek for sunshine, and there to find rain. No; it rests in union and communion with the vine; and at the right time, and in the right way, is the right fruit found on it. Let us so abide in the Lord Jesus.” Hudson Taylor
These posts are crazy to me. Seriously. Only God can bring us into a place that our love for others is willing to sacrifice all. Nothing we do can force this. It's an agape love that is experienced by knowing His liberating, exhilarating, unconditional love. If anyone thinks they can "force works" out of themselves or others, they have a tiny, tiny view of what God considers good works.
Yes, maybe it's the angle. I think I see your point. The best example I can think of right now for my point of view would be a tree (like my avatar xD). God waters it. The tree bears fruit. The tree is just being a tree... doing tree things. But it bears fruit because of Gods taking care of it. See what I mean?
![]()
Have you heard the one about how God is recording everything you say and do, and on Judgment Day he’ll show all your dark, dirty secrets on a big TV screen? It’s a frightening thought—but it’s a fiction.
God is not like that. God is love, and love keeps no record of wrongs. Not a diary, not a videotape, nothing. If he’s making a movie of your life, it’s a highlight reel, not a horror flick.
God keeps no videotapes, but we may have quite the collection. They play in the dark cinema of our minds rehashing our regrets, broadcasting our bitter memories, and showing our secret shame.
The dirty tapes of our lives cripple us. They suck the color out of our days and the sleep out of our nights. They keep us from entering the house of grace and enjoying the banquet of God’s favor.
“I cannot come in,” we say. “I’ve done some bad stuff.” And God replies, “I hold nothing against you.”
“But haven’t you seen what I did?” And God replies, “Haven’t you seen what Jesus did?”
Your videotapes don’t belong to you. Jesus purchased them with his blood. If they start playing in your head, change the channel. Look to Christ who is the star of a better movie.
“Happy are those whose wrongs are forgiven, whose sins are pardoned! Happy is the person whose sins the Lord will not keep account of!” (Romans 4:7–8, GNB)
Got this in my email this morning and wanted to share it. When I was a young Christian I was told
that there were going to be recordings of all the sins we committed and everyone would see.
It was a great day to find out that this and many other teachings we were taught were not from
the Bible.

I was really tested yesterday at work. I have a coworker who is just flat out hateful and will do anything to make herself look superior even if it means planting something to make another person appear in a negative light. I was ready to tell her off when I suddenly asked myself if I did that what it would solve and the answer was nothing. I called up a guy I work with who inspired me to kill of that hateful bitterness and downright jealous attitude with kindness because if I do they wouldn't want to talk to me about anything which I'm okay with haha. But then I applied what the Bible says about loving those who persecute you and how we can apply the fruits of the Spirit. We can't control how another person acts, but we can control our response to it which is the self control part of all of it
I firmly believe if we wait and call on him he will direct our steps in how to handle the most sensitive tasks even when we may not see eye to eye.
You don't like Jesus' words in Matthew 5:18-19? How bout Paul's--->>>Romans 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.![]()
I was lost - and now I am found!
I was astray - and He took me in!
I went my own way - He sought me out, found me, and gave me redemption through His cross and resurrection . . .
I could search the whole world over and find no other who could be what He is to me.
He is my Saviour; He is my Master; He is my Everything; He is my reason for living; and that is only the beginning . . .
And how do we establish the Law? By recognising that WE CANNOT KEEP IT,
baloney. (unkosher)
since you pander baloney, you might think several times about how you respond to others
Sounds like the old saying, You love because he first loved you..
That is what powers you, ie,, You do not do it of your own power, because apart from those things, You would not do those things.
I know what I am about to say will not be taken well by people who say its all grace.
The Bible does tell us we all will stand before the judgment set of God and we all shall give account unto God (Romans 14 and 2 Cor. 5:10). These are proof that God is keeping record of our actions, Matt. 12:36 is proof of the same for what we say.
As for the New Covenant God's law being written on the heart is talking about even more that the 10 commandments because Jesus make the statement if you love me you will keep my commandments (John 14:15). Jesus also express how much more the New covenant standard is by saying if you look at a woman with lust you commit adultery in the heart and if you hate someone you are a murderer in the heart (Matt 5:21-30).
To believe that we are under a new covenant and we are not under any laws is not the correct thinking. There cannot be any place with the living who have freedom of choice with no laws and them being enforce. In a kingdom the King makes all the laws and Jesus is King over all as well as known as the Word. Now what ever the king has put to be enforced is the law in that kingdom and remains law until that king dies. Well Jesus is the Everlasting King who will never die because he is God known as Alpha and Omega the first and last! So when the Bible says heaven and earth shall pass away it says the Word (laws od God) will always stand.