Lights and Stars what’s the difference

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
God placed lights in the firmament also two lights the greater and the lesser,

then what are stars also are they not lights or something else?

1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God placed lights in the firmament also two lights the greater and the lesser,

1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
kDThe sgtars are for the asstrologers to understand seasons and sometimes signes. It is explained in the Word but not in great detail. Astrology then is not the hocus pocus it isnow. There really was a language of the stars that certain folks were given to understand, it isin the Book.

Jun 10, 2019
kDThe sgtars are for the asstrologers to understand seasons and sometimes signes. It is explained in the Word but not in great detail. Astrology then is not the hocus pocus it isnow. There really was a language of the stars that certain folks were given to understand, it isin the Book.
Well I’m not much into astrology least I don’t know much about it

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Well I’m not much into astrology least I don’t know much about it
They, the stars, are for signs and seasons…….. The so-called three kings are actully referred to in sometranslations of trh Word as asstrologersd, and in others a magis (magicians.

If you recall, they say His Star…………..a Star used for a signe. I seem to get the undestanding that for signes they are used very few times except towwards the very ende...……………..we shall see, don't you think? God bless you...j

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The stars are not the lights mentioned in this passage.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament [EXPANSE] of the heaven to divide the day from the night [THE SUN]; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years [THE MOON]:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
[BOTH TO GIVE LIGHT TO THE EARTH]
16 And God made two great lights; [THE SUN AND THE MOON] the greater light to rule the day [THE SUN], and the lesser light to rule the night: [THE MOON] he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day
[THE SUN] and over the night [THE MOON], and to divide the light from the darkness [THE SUN]: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Dec 30, 2019
Stars are made up of elements and they are actually the furnace where elements are produced. After the Big bang there was mostly helium & hydrogen with traces of lithium and beryllium. All the other elements were formed in a star. Different elements burn at a different color. So they can use a spectrograph to determine what elements are in stars. Light travels at roughly the speed of light so it takes time to get to the earth. The light from the sun takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to get to the earth. Sunlight is a portion of the electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun, in particular infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light. On Earth, sunlight is filtered through Earth's atmosphere, and is obvious as daylight when the Sun is above the horizon. Neil Degrass Tyson has a book about this that tells us more then anyone would want to know. People question if what he says is true or not, but it is still very interesting.

Attachments

Jun 10, 2019
The stars are not the lights mentioned in this passage.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament [EXPANSE] of the heaven to divide the day from the night [THE SUN]; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years [THE MOON]:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
[BOTH TO GIVE LIGHT TO THE EARTH]
16 And God made two great lights; [THE SUN AND THE MOON] the greater light to rule the day [THE SUN], and the lesser light to rule the night: [THE MOON] he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day
[THE SUN] and over the night [THE MOON], and to divide the light from the darkness [THE SUN]: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
I agree about the stars in verse 16 And I think the lights in firmament are different than the greater and lesser light, and I think the lesser light is something else than the moon. there is no doubt the moon reflects the sun light to the earth, the moon has phases where sunlight isn’t directly shining on the surface thus is why we see phases the moon is a rocky planet it has no ability the give off lights on its own. but the core does if the surface was stripped away it would give off light like a small red dwarf sun.

Jun 10, 2019
Stars are made up of elements and they are actually the furnace where elements are produced. After the Big bang there was mostly helium & hydrogen with traces of lithium and beryllium. All the other elements were formed in a star. Different elements burn at a different color. So they can use a spectrograph to determine what elements are in stars. Light travels at roughly the speed of light so it takes time to get to the earth. The light from the sun takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to get to the earth. Sunlight is a portion of the electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun, in particular infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light. On Earth, sunlight is filtered through Earth's atmosphere, and is obvious as daylight when the Sun is above the horizon. Neil Degrass Tyson has a book about this that tells us more then anyone would want to know. People question if what he says is true or not, but it is still very interesting.
I agree and in the Bible when the the stars was mentioned in genesis, these are as well Galaxy, nebula, quasar other objects in the universe that can be seen but it appears as a star to the naked eye

Jun 10, 2019
Eve came from Adam and I think this verse is showing that the moon light comes from the sun, the his and her is a metaphor of that male and female

Isaiah 13:10
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Jun 10, 2019
I agree about the stars in verse 16 And I think the lights in firmament are different than the greater and lesser light, and I think the lesser light is something else than the moon. there is no doubt the moon reflects the sun light to the earth, the moon has phases where sunlight isn’t directly shining on the surface thus is why we see phases the moon is a rocky planet it has no ability the give off lights on its own. but the core does if the surface was stripped away it would give off light like a small red dwarf sun.
BD831063-20EB-44EF-B7F0-EF2B67DBEBB3.jpeg

Dec 30, 2019
I agree and in the Bible when the the stars was mentioned in genesis, these are as well Galaxy, nebula, quasar other objects in the universe that can be seen but it appears as a star to the naked eye
World in the Bible is Kosmos in the Greek. Today we use the word Cosmos for the entired Universe. This just shows how words evolve and take on more meaning over the years.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
It depends who you ask. Some (most) Christians believe the moon is the lesser light talked in Genesis, and some of these at least don't believe moonlight is reflected sunlight.

I don't believe the stars are that far away, and they are surely for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years, no?

Jun 10, 2019
It depends who you ask. Some (most) Christians believe the moon is the lesser light talked in Genesis, and some of these at least don't believe moonlight is reflected sunlight.

I don't believe the stars are that far away, and they are surely for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years, no?
as far as to the scale of the universe some objects are not that far then others are far away.

there some cameras out today that have quite the zoom, and there are beginner telescopes that are not that much to get. the sun and moon are not the only things to know how fast the earth is spinning 24 hours in front of the sun the Polaris star can be used also for days and it can be used for a sign to know which is north without a compass

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
as far as to the scale of the universe some objects are not that far then others are far away.

there some cameras out today that have quite the zoom, and there are beginner telescopes that are not that much to get. the sun and moon are not the only things to know how fast the earth is spinning 24 hours in front of the sun the Polaris star can be used also for days and it can be used for a sign to know which is north without a compass
There are many who believe the Earth is not spinning, and experiments conducted to date have indicated that it is the stars moving, not the Earth. If this is true, the sun, moon and stars are a lot closer than science falsely called would have you believe.

Jun 10, 2019
There are many who believe the Earth is not spinning, and experiments conducted to date have indicated that it is the stars moving, not the Earth. If this is true, the sun, moon and stars are a lot closer than science falsely called would have you believe.
You mean there have been experiments conducted on the stars moving they should be moving everything in universe is moving one way or the other wonder what kind of instruments those folks used any idea?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
You mean there have been experiments conducted on the stars moving they should be moving everything in universe is moving one way or the other wonder what kind of instruments those folks used any idea?
You can look them up online. One is known as Airy's failure, the other Michelson-Morley.

The link below is to a geocentrist's (Malcolm Bowden) explanation of Airy's experiment.

Jun 10, 2019
You can look them up online. One is known as Airy's failure, the other Michelson-Morley.

The link below is to a geocentrist's (Malcolm Bowden) explanation of Airy's experiment.

Sounds like he was a little tipsy when making the video, tilting the telescope for light to come through the telescope that is so bogus not even funny.