Linked words game

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
control pests (Yes, we must use every thing at our disposal to preserve Mount Smashingness. It will someday be a historical sight! Also, we need various security measures for it while we are away in other dimensions!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charlesiii
Pests eradication (Exactly. Your are a Chieftess after my own heart. Are there any other security measures we should be considering?)
 
  • Love
Reactions: CarriePie
eradication mission (I've visited Stone Mountain in GA several times and they have a stopping point before you enter the place. At that point, you have to pay for a permit to be in the park. You hang the permit on your review mirror. Then, once in the park you, you may walk the trails and do some sightseeing, but if you want to do various things [such as the train around the mountain] you must pay for tickets for whichever thing you want to do, or you can get a ticket that pays for it all. Anyway, we could do something like that. If people have to pay to trek Mount Smashingness than they'll be more careful of it...I hope.
Once we have this set up, then the Master of Smashingness and I can be heading to the next dimension. Which I'm looking forward to ;))
 
  • Love
Reactions: Charlesiii
mission impossible (Perfect - this will certainly not be mission impossible. And unauthorized guests can be processed and added to the mountain. Is that constitutional? Or the constitution only applies to what the government can do, so we're exempt? A train around the mountain does sound convenient, but the downside is it will also attract a sort of tourist that might prioritise convenience over treking and exploring. The permit displayed in the rear view mirror is yet another excellent idea, from a Chieftess of Smashingness in multiple disciplines.

I do like this idea of exploring the next dimension, but have you seen those themes where certain dimensions are full of nightmares? It would be good not to go to one of those. :cool: Or you fancy a challenge? :p )
 
  • Love
Reactions: CarriePie
impossible destinations (You make a very good point about the train attracting those that aim for convenience. Maybe we could restrict the train rides to those who are disabled, elderly, pregnant, etc.? I've trekked that mountain and I've taken the Sky Ride to the top and I've taken the train around the mountain. The Sky Ride was appealing because of the views, but trekking up the mountain is ideal. It has it's own wonder and it's the one I've done the most. The other two ways, I've only done once.
Anyway, I'm thankful for you [truly!] and for your input. Master of Smashing and Chieftess of Smashingness together have better wisdom than if it was just my input.
And, of course, you are correct about the dimensions. We must be careful. Maybe we do fancy a challenge. These Whangdoodles on Earth didn't get defenestrated by only us if we didn't! 😋 )
 
  • Love
Reactions: Charlesiii
destinations unknown ( has anyone else here been on the Bridge to Nowhere? )
 
unknown imposters (I have never been to any Bridge to Nowhere. In the San Gabriel Mountains in California there is a Bridge to Nowhere that was built in 1936. But, I haven't been there, nor anywhere near Cali.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charlesiii
imposters beware (I'm fairly sure if we limit the train rides to the disabled, elderly and pregnant, we will have train rides filled with Whangdoodles. There is nothing those creatures love better than to feign disability, age, or yes - even pregnancy for the obese Whangdoodles, which is most of them - in order to qualify for special treatment.

However, train side defenestrations of stowaway Whangdoodles at the top of Mount Smashingness would be a spectacular tourist attraction, in addition to being a deterrent for future Whangdoodles who might consider not trekking such a beautiful climb! :))
 
  • Haha
Reactions: CarriePie
beware signals (Defenestrating the Whangdoodles from Mount Smashingness sounds like a smashing idea! This will certainly raise the revenue and popularity of the Mountain. We might need to have a pit dug at the bottom of the Mount. A defenstrated Whangdoodle landfill!
You look at things from all angles. An analytical mind, like Spock on Star Trek. Speaking of Star Trek, on the current show Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, there is a Gorn digestive chamber where they store abductees in these strange looking hanging things. The abductees are used as food for the Gorn. As I'm watching this episode, I was thinking that if we traveled to a hostile dimension, there could be things like that there. Except it would be a Whangdoodle digestive chamber. We should not only make ourselves hard to kill, but also too toxic to digest!)

Here's the digestive chamber as seen on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, for a visual...
Gorn digestive chamber.png
 
signals intelligence (Maybe not all angles, but I appreciate that you notice I like looking at things from several angles, to better understand the situation. And I certainly hadn't considered a Gorn digestive chamber where abductees are stored in strange looking hanging things. Fascinating and terrible. I will have to learn more about the Gorn. I think I came across them on one occasion, but then forgot about them until just now when you posted that interesting visual. What can we wear to make ourselves toxic to the Whangdoodles?)
 
  • Pray
Reactions: CarriePie
intelligence specialist (Your ability to take in a wide scope is admirable! We certainly want to avoid any types of digestive chambers. We might have to go through some form of augmentation to be able to adapt to interdimensional worlds, as least until we've eradicated the Whangdoodles from all places that can be reached, including the theoretical places. But, would this augmentation be worth it? Would it change us in other ways? Would you not be as masterly and I not as chieftessy? As you mentioned "what can we wear." Wearing something might be best. Maybe we should try for personal cloaking. Some sort of material that cloaks us, quantam stealth, and that sort of thing. We have to be scientists, as well as courageous warriors! I hope everyone is thankful lol.)
 
  • Love
Reactions: Charlesiii
specialist advice (I like the idea of augmentation, but primarily only for when damage has been done. I know you're more Star Trek oriented than Star Wars, but when Luke Skywalker (before he became a jerk during the Biden elections or thereabouts) had his hand cut off, they just put on a robot hand and it was pretty much good as new. And although I didn't properly comprehend it back in the 80s, Darth Vader once looked as normal as you and I, until he lost a game of don't touch the lava to his once-best-friend and mentor, Obiwan Kenobi. And you are exactly right - Darth Vader's augmentation definitely changed him. Before, he was just some young guy with a bad temper - afterward, almost a symbol of death itself.

[Interlude - I think chieftessy is a very good word, and I shall endeavour to use it more often.]

To continue the point, I think you are incredibly chieftessy, and one significant risk of augmentation is that you will become less chieftessy, and more of something else, which is probably not as good. If I become a little less masterly, I don't mind so much (so long as I don't become more chieftessy - so admirable as that quality is, its strangely one that I don't want to have in myself...)

Yes, I definitely agree that wearing something is a must. I'm not saying we should go overboard, but in all the good movies, at least a little strategically placed armour here and there on the hero and/or heroine prevents some of the most awkward injuries and keeps the healers or sick bay staff reasonably satisfied. Of course, in our case, we will be wearing not only for protection, but also for personal cloaking, and toxicity to the Gorn and/or Whangdoodle digestive chambers.

Lol. I know not everyone may be thankful, but in our line of work, there are some sacrifices that must be made, and quantam stealth clothing/armour is just one of those sacrifices we selflessly make for the greater good. :p )
 
advice needed (It's interesting how augmentation seems to make someone bad. This was also the case in the older Star Trek scenarios. In the newest ST scenarios, augmentation is actually helpful to some aliens. It makes them able to carry on in environments they otherwise wouldn't be able to survive in. Nevertheless, we won't take the risk.

I can't imagine you being chieftessy :eek: So, please, let's not let that happen lol.
You are most masterly and it would be quite a loss if that was stripped away!

We must be cloaked and fearless to be traversing other dimensions. What kind of worlds must there be that we are heading into. Even if we don't do augmentation, we will certainly come back changed due to all the experiences and things we see. Like coming back from war. Selfless sacrifice for sure!)
 
needed repairs (Yeah, I don't know if augmentation makes someone bad - maybe just less of who they truly are? Even if we go to Robocop extremes - the augmentation is following a set of soulless rules, while the real man - or what is left - still has the original soul? I suppose augmentation that can be detached is useful - the danger is not being able to turn it off, or losing control to it. So a suit that enables us to breathe in the water is good, but replacing our lungs themselves to achieve this would be bad? That's my reasoning. But usually, with Darth Vader or Robocop, this morality aspect is overcome by the augmentation saving the life - so the choice was between death, or accepting augmentation.

Lol. I will try to remain more masterly and not chieftessy, so thanks for agreeing on that point! ;)

I've sometimes wondered what it would be like to explore a place totally invisible and invulnerable. I did like the idea of exploring/destroying the Gorn digestive chambers. Probably we won't be totally invisible and invulnerable, but think of all the victims we could save? ⚔️⚔️⚔️ :) )
 
  • Pray
Reactions: CarriePie
repairs self (Biblically speaking augmentation would be a bad thing, at least in my viewpoint. Changing our DNA sounds like a bad idea. However, in science fiction, any range of out of the box idea is open for possibility. So, if it's just in a scifi scenario, I'd choose the augmentation as a life saving means or to help those in other dimensions...and maybe like in the new ST scenarios, I'd be an even better Chieftess with all good qualities enhanced.

We go forth, not to collect scalp/skins, but to collect victims we save. Nevermind Masters of the Universe, we will be Masters of the Dimensions. Well, you will be. I will stay chieftessy. Hopefully, augmentation doesn't make me the opposite of that. I already get told I'm not very girly as it is 😅)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Charlesiii
Behavior modification (Chieftessy of the Dimensions? Catchy name. :p Perhaps you could have a auto-defenestration module installed, that defenestrates Whangdoodles while you sleep? Or if you believe what you are told, possibly a module that enhances your female qualities - an auto-gynaecogenicon? To reverse some of the effects of excess Osage oyster consumption? ;) )
 
  • Haha
Reactions: CarriePie
modification station (I think you've came up with something that sounds more terrifying to me than blood. An auto-gynaecogenicon?!! :eek::eek: Be damned to those who have their puny opinions about the Chieftess! I'll have a deep freezer stocked with Osage oysters. Daily, I'll have Osage oysters and a lager before I go out to defenestrate my foes. I'll drink my lager from the skull of a Whangdoodle! My ancestor, the real Chieftess, would approve! ⚔️🍻😋 )
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Charlesiii
station master (Oh no, auto-gynaecogenicons are not terrifying at all. I would purchase one myself if I were female - plusher lips, longer hair, curvier curves...you name it, this machine delivers - all for a little extra augmentation. But those sorts of things are not considered masterly, so haven't needed to... Also the difficult fit...

Are you sure the deep freezer will be large enough for your Osage oyster storage needs? There are a LOT of Whangdoodles and foes to defenestrate, and a Chieftess does need her strength... Similarly, the skull of only one Whangdoodle for your lager? Or that was figuratively speaking, and you actually have several skulls lined up, so the squires can be refilling the first and second while the third and forth are being downed? ⚔️🔥 🔥 🍻🍻🍻🍻🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪🦪⚔️🔥 🔥 :p )
 
  • Haha
Reactions: CarriePie