Linux hassles.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Is it really me who's enjoying hating apple, or just the version of me that you've made alive for yourself in your mind?
I know that apple has the potential to repent and be a better company. I'm just telling you what I observe.
I've watched Louis Rossmans videos in the past, and I know that apples corruption goes deeper than the surface. It's ceartainly not an institution God would endorse, that's for sure.
They will never be better because their marketing is working like crazy. I know so many people who have iPhones and look down on people with Android phones as inferior beings. That was deliberately and intentionally caused by apple, and apple loves it. Their whole game is to make you feel like you are better than the unwashed masses because you are a apple cognoscente.

No way they are going to burn all that down now.

But for all of that, I still like to see a missionary going out into the field with a mac.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YouOnlyLiveTwice
They will never be better because their marketing is working like crazy. I know so many people who have iPhones and look down on people with Android phones as inferior beings. That was deliberately and intentionally caused by apple, and apple loves it. Their whole game is to make you feel like you are better than the unwashed masses because you are a apple cognoscente.

No way they are going to burn all that down now.

But for all of that, I still like to see a missionary going out into the field with a mac.
Apple is running a Unix derivative called Darwin. Apple is fine. Just costs too much to me.
 
Apple is running a Unix derivative called Darwin. Apple is fine. Just costs too much to me.
Yeah, I know.

Even the grill at my job is running a unix derivative these days. When you reboot the grill... and we have reached the age where I sometimes have to reboot a flipping grill... it boots with /sys and such directories showing right before the splash screen comes up.

Even the sticker printer runs a unix kernel. Sometimes when it freezes I haughtily inform it that MY linux computer at home never freezes like this. Or sometimes I sing a variation of "You give love a bad name." "You give Unix a bad name."
 
  • Haha
Reactions: GRACE_ambassador
Yeah, I know.

Even the grill at my job is running a unix derivative these days. When you reboot the grill... and we have reached the age where I sometimes have to reboot a flipping grill... it boots with /sys and such directories showing right before the splash screen comes up.

Even the sticker printer runs a unix kernel. Sometimes when it freezes I haughtily inform it that MY linux computer at home never freezes like this. Or sometimes I sing a variation of "You give love a bad name." "You give Unix a bad name."
LOL!
 
a thinkpad can still handle laser disks, standard USB-A dongles, ethernet, SD cards, and external displays without a dock
Great! I'll buy your Thinkpad that can play Laserdiscs right away, and I'll gladly pay you 1,000 bucks for it! :)

It's ceartainly not an institution God would endorse, that's for sure.
And Microsoft isn't too? With its shady terms of service and that weird billy man at the top?

but I will lose a profit if I spend $1200 for a device that isn't better than $300 ones of its kind.
Of course, you can (literally) compare apples to oranges. There’s certainly a lot to criticize about Apple as a company, but in terms of quality, their hardware is definitely on a high level. When I see how often the people around me have to replace their cheap discount laptops... A colleague of mine, a missionary, is still using her MacBook Pro from 2012. And it’s been through a lot.