Living in a crazy world, looking for peace....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes, it’s a crazy world but, we can still have peace...

Let’s share scriptures that remind us that we can have peace, even when chaos is all around us.

Post your favorite “Peace” scripture or song and tell us what it means to you. :love:(y)

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=John 14:27&version=KJV

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
He has overcome the world for me, He gives me His peace, and thered ddreally is no other.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Let’s share scriptures that remind us that we can have peace, even when chaos is all around us.

Post your favorite “Peace” scripture or song and tell us what it means to you. :love:(y)

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Opps! I didn’t tell why this scripture and song give me peace....

The scripture reminds me that only Yeshua/Jesus can give me peace that truly comforts me in my innermost being and my soul, not like the world that just seeks to calm and comfort my flesh.

I chose the song because it reminds me to get out of the man made boat (the security of the world) and step out in the middle of the storm and seek peace that can only be found in Yeshua/Jesus’ arms. Seek Him for peace, not the world.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Means a lot to me because Jesus means everything to me :)

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Lafftur and CharliRenee are the most sweet and friendly people I have ever come across online! Not a SINGLE negative word spoken EVER.

Here is to hoping I meet similar people in real life! I love yall and got a lot to learn.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. ~~ Matthew 11:28-30

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Lafftur and CharliRenee are the most sweet and friendly people I have ever come across online! Not a SINGLE negative word spoken EVER.

Here is to hoping I meet similar people in real life! I love yall and got a lot to learn.
We love you, too @Hevosmies! :love::love:

Only a very sweet and friendly person could have posted the kind words you did!

We all got a lot to learn but, I think you already know more than you think you do! lol! :giggle:

Much love to you, sweet friend! :love:(y)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi lafftur,

I have a number, and here's one:

The lyrics say it: The Lord is on thy side/ In every change He faithful will remain/ God doth undertake to guide the future as He has the past...

M

morefaithrequired

The lord is my shepherd
There is nothing I shall want

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus said.....

Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth; I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus said..... Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth; I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
1. True. Much as we all want peace, the truth of the matter is that there is a bitter war raging all around us. It is spiritual and the enemies of our souls are behind that.

2. Secondly, the minute a person turns wholeheartedly to Christ for salvation, he automatically acquires spiritual enemies -- generally those of his own household. That is what Christ meant by bringing a sword upon the earth. A sword divides, and the Gospel divides believers from unbelievers.

3. Thirdly, all Christians have peace with God as well as the peace of God because of the finished work of Christ. So no matter how bitter the warfare outside, the children of God can be at peace even while engaged in spiritual warfare, using the Sword of the Spirit as the offensive weapon against Satan and every evil spirit.

4. Fourthly, Christians are called to be peacemakers, which means that we do not sit on our hands while the world goes to Hell in a handbasket. That is why God has given us the Gospel of Peace, so that it is propagated in a war zone. Then others can have the peace of Christ within.

Natasha91

Apr 27, 2019

One of my favorite verses- Isaiah 26:3:

"You will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both inclination and character], Because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation]." (AMP)

Sep 6, 2014
John 15:5
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Love you Sis.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Jesus said.....

Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth; I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
dc, I think a sword in your hand gives you peace........:unsure::LOL::giggle::love:(y)

I'm just playing with you! :giggle:

You're right, Yeshua/Jesus brought His Word which is the Sword of the Spirit to the Earth and all people. However, those that are saved have peace with God. :love:(y)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This Sword, the Holy Spirit, has been on my mind, and it has taken me to one sword being sufficient. God bless you
lAFTUR FOR REMINDING ALL...J

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The peace that passeth all understanding...

I love that you dont have to figure it out once you have this peace :)

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Jn.14:27 Peace I leave with you,MY PEACE I give into you: not as the world giveth,give I unto you.Let NOT your heart be troubled,neither let it be afraid.

Seems as though some folks have no peace and are trying to fight God's battles!
His peace can conquer fear,grief,depression,the heat of the battle and calm any storm!

I love living in His Peace!

Apr 15, 2017
Jesus said.....

That is true, but Jesus wants peace, and for the saints not to fight physically for the kingdom of God for it is spiritual, but because of Him there will be people that will go against the Christians, and family members in the same house who are at differences because of Him, but so be it for Jesus had to come for us to have salvation and was not going to abandon it because some people would be against it, and would cause fighting.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Finding comfort and peace in troubles and suffering. His people expressing His love and comfort toward each other:

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
2 Corinthians 1:3‭-‬7