I thought it meant you took the red pill and then got flushed out of the matrix's power generation.Living off grid is simply to not be connected to utilities such as electricity, water, gas, phone, cable TV, sewer.
I thought it meant you took the red pill and then got flushed out of the matrix's power generation.Living off grid is simply to not be connected to utilities such as electricity, water, gas, phone, cable TV, sewer.
I don't know about no maintenance.Yes I would.
Can't afford one.
If I could afford an electric car I could afford a new battery pack.
Electric cars have virtually no maintenance which would offset the new pack price. Plus if you have a large enough solar array you can charge you car and not have to buy gas, which at todays price may more than pay for that battery.
where did you get the 187 acres of trees from...just wonderingLiving off grid is simply to not be connected to utilities such as electricity, water, gas, phone, cable TV, sewer.
I have a simple solar system to power lights, TV, and internet. Designed and built it myself at a cost of $1800.
I do buy about 200 Gallons of propane a year from a local provider. It is a convenience that I can live without if necessary.
Last July we got satellite internet. Another convenience we lived without for 15 years and can again.
I buy about 50 gallons of gas a year to power a well for water, chain saw and wood splitter.
Again it is a convenience that I can live without if necessary.
I have several large springs and creeks that I can get water from if need be.
I have 187 acres of trees, so I have enough fire wood for heat and cooking to last longer than I will live.
It would cost me 4 or 5 times as much to live in a city with all utilities even with the money I spend on those conveniences.
But what is most important is the peace of mind that if need be, I am completely self sufficient if and when the grids go down. I would not even notice unless some one came and told me.
How did we get here?
40 years of living a simple life, saving money instead of spending it on things not necessary.
We have always been debt free. If we could not pay cash we went without and still do.
I don't know about no maintenance.
Electric motors and all the sophisticated computers and drive train are just expense problems waiting to happen.
It would take a 40 to 50 thousand solar system and a $12,000 home charging station is what I am reading.
Besides, there are no charging stations where I live and shop.
Just another toy for the rich.
I will never buy one.
I bought it with money I earned with honest work,where did you get the 187 acres of trees from...just wondering
I have a normal flush toilet with a septic system like most country folk do.also where is the gas from...a local provider but where do they get it from? Just wondering Do you have a composting toilet and grow all your own food?
A friend was quoted $40,000 to install solar on his house.Electric cars need no oil changes or tuneups, but like any other vehicle there are wear parts like tires, wiper blades and other consumables and also like other vehicles they sometimes need repairs.
I honestly don't know where you got your information about the size and cost of the solar system you would need but it's far cheaper than the price you mentioned to be able to charge a car. You also don't need an expensive charging station.
I built a solar system with 6 kilowatts of solar, 6 kilowatt inverter, 24 kilowatts of lifepo4 battery backup and it cost about $12,000 and I put it all in myself. Had I paid to have it put in it would have been more than double that.
It's a very modest system but in the summer I have enough excess solar to put a few kilowatts a day into an electric car. That wouldn't get me very far but if I didn't drive much it could be enough to keep it topped up and ready for use if needed. If I had doubled my panels and inverters size at a cost of about $6000 more I could keep a car charged up with ease even if I drove it to work everyday.
what kind of honest work just wondering. I dont know how you can buy 187 acres of trees. Do you just cut them or do you look after them as well? Like grow mushrooms, hunt, and forage?I bought it with money I earned with honest work,
You are not really this foolish are you?what kind of honest work just wondering. I dont know how you can buy 187 acres of trees. Do you just cut them or do you look after them as well? Like grow mushrooms, hunt, and forage?
so what is your job now and how do you earn a living.
You didnt answer my quesrion about the gas though. where does your local provider get the gas...?
what would you need the gas for...? Do you have a vehicle, how do you get around?
They cost 10 cents each, after 2 hours they will kill all the bugs and germs. You can then take the top off and let it air out if you wish. You can't taste the chlorine but it will be the first thing to evaporate out.
I think a combination of both makes the most sense, what if you can't boil water? Nice to have a back up.
no asking YOU a question, if you live off the grid, but you are buying oil, so what makes you feel superior to ppl living on the grid. You are still relying on others and imports...so what is the point, you are still interacting with others on the grid.You are not really this foolish are you?
Place close attention. I will only say this once.no asking YOU a question, if you live off the grid, but you are buying oil, so what makes you feel superior to ppl living on the grid. You are still relying on others and imports...so what is the point, you are still interacting with others on the grid.