Living Water

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We must examine alway what we are learning and practicing…… Mny, unhappily, are hewing out cisterns and filling them with dead water just as did Israel back in the time of Jeremiah, 2:13.

Prove and ascertain from what is being taught if it is from the Source, the origin of rivers of living waters………...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
In Jeremiah 2:13, God Himself is called the "fountain of living water." For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living water, And hewn themselves cisterns--broken cisterns that can hold no water.

Jeremiah 17:13 - O Lord, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You shall be ashamed. "Those who depart from Me Shall be written in the earth, Because they have forsaken the Lord, The fountain of living waters."

In John 4:10, Jesus said, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." In John 4:14, Jesus said, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, we also read - ..drink into one Spirit.

John 7:37 - On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Mar 28, 2016
I would think. living water (rain, dew, light rain, showers) to include sweat can give us some understanding of the idea of living water how and why it is used in parables. . . Sweat by it we eat what our hands produce till we return to the dust and dead water, . Sweat is used to indicate work is being performed in parables throughout the scriptures. . Like below using the word as to help us to understand a parable is being spoken.

Luke 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground

I would offer. living or moving water like blood is used to represent the unseen pouring out of the Holy Spirit, as the doctrines of God

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

His doctrine as God's wisdom comes from above and is not inspired earthly of the devil . Like he informs us hear, O earth, the words of my mouth that the disciples knew not of not inspired earthly of the devil

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In Genesis its eat bread, in Deuteronomy as the small rain upon the tender herb eat and drink in my living, abiding word.

The ceremonial law in Ezekiel required the priest to wear bonnets with no sweat. That work represented by sweat was reserved for the Son of man, Jesus..fulfilled in Luke it would seem. The work of God is not attributed to any man (creature).

Ezekiel 44:18They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

E

eternally-gratefull

In Jeremiah 2:13, God Himself is called the "fountain of living water." For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living water, And hewn themselves cisterns--broken cisterns that can hold no water.

Jeremiah 17:13 - O Lord, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You shall be ashamed. "Those who depart from Me Shall be written in the earth, Because they have forsaken the Lord, The fountain of living waters."

In John 4:10, Jesus said, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." In John 4:14, Jesus said, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, we also read - ..drink into one Spirit.

John 7:37 - On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
Amen

The only living water we can drink from is God himself.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Interesting that in the new Jerusalem there is going to be a crystal clear river.

I havent been to Jerusalem but I dont think there is actually a river in that city? I dont recall seeing any pictures of a river. I suspect when Jesus returns He'll crack open a rock and living water will flow.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

So now a question.

Is it living water possibly that Jesus was speaking of when He said we must be born of water and Spirit?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I would think. living water (rain, dew, light rain, showers) to include sweat can give us some understanding of the idea of living water how and why it is used in parables. . . Sweat by it we eat what our hands produce till we return to the dust and dead water, . Sweat is used to indicate work is being performed in parables throughout the scriptures. . Like below using the word as to help us to understand a parable is being spoken.

Luke 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground

I would offer. living or moving water like blood is used to represent the unseen pouring out of the Holy Spirit, as the doctrines of God

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

His doctrine as God's wisdom comes from above and is not inspired earthly of the devil . Like he informs us hear, O earth, the words of my mouth that the disciples knew not of not inspired earthly of the devil

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In Genesis its eat bread, in Deuteronomy as the small rain upon the tender herb eat and drink in my living, abiding word.

The ceremonial law in Ezekiel required the priest to wear bonnets with no sweat. That work represented by sweat was reserved for the Son of man, Jesus..fulfilled in Luke it would seem. The work of God is not attributed to any man (creature).

Ezekiel 44:18They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here concerning sweat and living water, but Jesus put the sweatband over his face seperate from the linen gravecloth when He rose up. This is a truth for the not by works thread.

Linen means righteousness. Purity. There's no sweat with linen.

How are you tying this in with living water? Am missing it.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
So now a question.

Is it living water possibly that Jesus was speaking of when He said we must be born of water and Spirit?
Very good possibility. ;) Others interpret “water” in John 3:5 as embryonic fluid and still yet others as water baptism, yet I strongly disagree that it’s water baptism.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Interesting that in the new Jerusalem there is going to be a crystal clear river.

I havent been to Jerusalem but I dont think there is actually a river in that city? I dont recall seeing any pictures of a river. I suspect when Jesus returns He'll crack open a rock and living water will flow.

No it is situated on the hill.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
So now a question.

OUt of us flows rivers of Living Water when we share the Word, Jesus, our Lord, Yeshua.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
OUt of us flows rivers of Living Water when we share the Word, Jesus, our Lord, Yeshua.
Amen Jaume! The only water that not only quenches that thirst for God- for something more than we are born naturally into...but changes life for us.

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Most any pond contains living water; that's why you have to boil it before you drink it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
May all have the true Living Water flowing from within as Jesus, Yeshua, has given us to sharfe, amen Good night fro over here. All blessings in Jesus, and when yu do sleep I pray ñyou sleep in the Holy Spirit……..amen.

KD

Nov 20, 2018
I always found it interesting in the creation account it seems as if water was already there.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Check out zechariah 13:1 and 14: 8
Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

The times I have walked through Jerusalem I recall goig uphill to the Temple area now with the Mosque. All around the Old city is the wall with its gates some are Herod's Gate, Jaffa Gate (The gate called bautiful), the West Gate (sealed until the King returns, and the Dung Gate opeining to the valley of Hinnom where excrements and other waste were tossed...……..

Mar 28, 2016

I would say it is never about the temporal earthly Jerusalem .But speaks of the City of Christ the eternal city coming down prepared as his bride.

Interesting God installs a garden in a already perfect world before the fall. It would seem to be using a river to represent the gospel going out into the world . It begins as one river and ends up with four. Four is used through the scriptures to represent universal .North South, East and West .

A garden eastward in Eden. East in eastward represents Christ otherwise why would it be referenced as a stating point? The east gate represents we enter fellowship with Christ.

And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.Geneisis2: 8-14

The first river Pison land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good. Gold is used to represent the believers. there is also bdellium the color of pearl or mana. And the onyx stone used to represent the stones in the breast plate.

Mar 28, 2016
I always found it interesting in the creation account it seems as if water was already there.
Living water, the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Water like clouds are used to represent the unseen presence of God, also called the bosom of Abraham .

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I reckon that temple mount is sitting on the rock that holds all the living water in the new Jerusalem it will procede from the throne. There are underground reservoirs of water and channels underneath Jerusalem.

God has a reason for designating that site to be his holy of holies and the seat of His throne.

Of course will require some earthquakes and movement on His part, but then God can do anything. He dried up the Jordan river, he created the dead Sea, he got the Israelites to cross the red sea on dry land. He can literally move mountains. Thats also where the tree of life will be planted. Maybe its already there but has yet to grow back well it needs water of course, living water to sprout.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
2 Points need to be stressed here:
(1) "We were all made to drink of one Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13):" Drinking in the Spirit refers to refreshment from the Spirit's indwelling presence, the actual experience of the "living water" of the Spirit, not an intellectual acceptance by faith that we now have the Spirit.

(2) In Hebrew idiom "living water" is flowing water. that, is water that is refreshing and drinkable, not stagnant. So when Jesus depicts the outflow of the indwelling Holy Spirit as "living water (John 7:37-39)," He is depicting spiritual movement or growth from a spiritual child to a mature believer.
(