loneliness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Andreas

How can that be that a family man can feel lonely ?

Inspite of surrounding with his children and wife, feel quite alone.
And inspite of all believe in Jesus......
And inspite of feel love in his wife....

S

SupDoc

Hi, I would like to chate with somebody, but this whole setup is confusing to me. I do understand lonliness, though.

M

mguitar010

I think there is nothing wrong with loneliness....see it as a blessing to go spend some time with God and seek Him out!

A

Andreas

You probably right.

Jan 9, 2009
I think that when I feel lonely it's because I am not feeling the spirit and that I need to get back in touch with the Savior again. I am ashamed to admit it, but I don't pray anywhere as much as I should. When things are going well for me I tend to forget to give thanks for everything that I've been blessed with. But, like lots of other people; I turn to the Lord when I need something.
I guess that is why I feel lonley at times. Most of the time I don't feel that way even though I live alone, and have since I got divorced back in 1996. These days it's just me and my 2 cats; Willow and Alder. They keep me company and somehow they usually help me to keep in touch with the Savior.

A

Andreas

Despite all the opposites, I think there is something wrong with this feeling.

A

Agape

Maybe it cannot be your case, but when Im lonely, hunger, thirsty, cold I put all my faith and all my life in Christ's hands, but when things are going well, when all my family is safe, when all my friends are with me, when Im earning a lot of money so.... I forget Christ, I only put half of my faith and half of my life in Hi's hands. The apostle Paul in II Corinthians 12:10 says:"...For when I am weak, then I am strong."

B

Baptistrw

I've found the more lonely I get with people the more I commune with God. Loneliness stinks, but it can be a blessing too.

J

-JCaroline-

Indeed sisters and brothers, the kid above me is right ahaha ;)

I

inhissteps

Lonliness is a difficult situation to handle. As a Christian we are not alone. Christ promised that He will be with us all the time. If we can experience His presence we will never feel lonely. He is our best friend. We can taik to Him and walk with Him.

inhis steps

A

angel-rose

Yes that dose tend to happen' you can see it so prey about it I'll prey for you as well. I have raised my children by my self and I was alone and lonely , now I rest in God and started to apreciate learn to be satisfied with what I had, I found in a family sometimes we tend to become inderpendent of each other and walk our own path . sit down with your wife and share with her (with out pointing folt) that you want to become closer and not feel like strangers, still prey about it and I'll prey with you all. God Bless Angela.. To Andreas...

I

IChThUS

This I think Andreas relates very closely to the answer I have given you in another topic in this thread.

I am perahaps very lucky in the position that I have never had time to be lonely. I am not married, I have never been married and as a result I have no children. Neither have I brothers or sisters and my parents are both dead. My father since I was 14 and my mother in 1982. But what I do have is friends.

Friendship is the antidote to loneliness. But friendship is not just in receiving, it is in giving. Giving as Jesus gave. Sharing yourself with your friends, but more importantly sharing yourself completely with your wife, your children, holding nothing back. It is not easy but it is imperitive,

God bless you and guide you and your family.

A

Andreas

Thanks to You all !!
God bless everyone here!

J

Japangela

Not to downplay the spiritual side, but sometimes you're just lonely and "going to God" doesn't cut it. It can be depression, or just the human need to have a friend. David (in the Bible) was often lonely.

T

TheIndianGirl

Are you lonely or bored? If you are bored, try to change up your routine. If are feeling a bit distant with your family try to spend more time with the.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Make sure to check post dates when replying to a thread if you did a search or something. This is 11 years old.

Loneliness is a good topic at this time for people isolation according to governmental suggestions though...my advice is get outside time if you can and accept the fact that some sort of loneliness/displacement regardless of company/setting should be expected on some level even at the best of times because we aren't with the Lord yet in the same way that we WILL be.

Loneliness can be beautiful in a way. Imagine a windswept mountain with no one about...who else is there? Only the Lord. So you can be lonely with him always :)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I think we all have times where despite having loved ones, we still feel alone in our struggles. But we have one person who knows everything we’re going through, it’s God. He is the only one who knows exactly what you’re thinking, what struggles you have, ect.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
A man says to his psychiatrist, "I work 2 jobs and have 6 kids. Life is hectic, I'm never alone. Even when alone in my bathroom, kids are beating on the door. I carpool to work without a moment of silence. 16 hours a day and no solitude!"

Psychiatrist ask, "So what is your problem?"

Man replies, "Haven't you been listing Doc? I'm so freaking lonely!"

Sometimes the void we feel in life is a spiritual emptiness. Being surrounded by others cannot provide a purpose or meaning to life beyond our physical existence. The cure for loneliness is spiritual fulfillment, feeling incomplete (lonely) might be a calling from God to give credence to what's really important in life.

7seasrekeyed

Make sure to check post dates when replying to a thread if you did a search or something. This is 11 years old.

Loneliness is a good topic at this time for people isolation according to governmental suggestions though...my advice is get outside time if you can and accept the fact that some sort of loneliness/displacement regardless of company/setting should be expected on some level even at the best of times because we aren't with the Lord yet in the same way that we WILL be.

Loneliness can be beautiful in a way. Imagine a windswept mountain with no one about...who else is there? Only the Lord. So you can be lonely with him always :)
I like big spaces with only me and God in them

I really don't care for all the running around and doing what others do all the time because others are doing whatever so I have to also

ants LOL!

L

Locoponydirtman

This is just a guess, but I'm willing to say you aren't being your self around them so you aren't really relating with them.
God bless you and show you the path, may he keep fences up on your left and your right to keep you in his will. Amen.