Lonely and sad.....Need good christian friends.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Hi, I feel like I am going through alot at the moment. Health issues, no job, no friends, no partner. I am crying out to God but not hearing anything. Anyone got any encouragement?

Mar 22, 2019
Hi, I feel like I am going through alot at the moment. Health issues, no job, no friends, no partner. I am crying out to God but not hearing anything. Anyone got any encouragement?
Hi Ruby. I feel the same, you are not alone 😢

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Ruby and Joanne 😊 Welcome to CC 😊

I am not good with words but I just want to tell you both that God hears your cries and He knows where you are right now continue to trust in the Lord Jesus ❤❤❤ God bless you Ruby and Joanne ❤ I prayed for comfort for both of you ❤

isaiah-40-31-2.jpg

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is a FIVE YEAR OLD thread, and the OP and half the posters are no longer here..

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Ruby. I feel the same, you are not alone 😢[/QUOTE
These need to be posted in a diff forum for more responses. Briefly, two things right off. Join a Bible study/prayer group/volunteer/Church to get things going and secondly get a prayer partner to agree w/you in your desires.
I will lift you both up in prayer, God bless and expect good things to come your way, in Jesus' name!

Sep 13, 2018
New Zealand
I would like to encourage you and tell you to Live in His Word , His Word is Everything , it Absolutely is , And it is for All the right reasons Matthew 4v4 says " man shall not live by bread alone ........ etc " , You see our Lord wants His children to know and to know and to know that if we Live there , in His Word , then change has to happen , it has to and that is His encouragement to us All who are Born Again .
Hebrews 4v12 -13 is for us to Believe and Believe and Believe . It is not by any kind of a feeling that we know God is with us ( Not at all ) , nor an emotion , But it by His Word , His Promises .
I like what Pastor Lawson says ....... " find out Who The Son is and everything else will fall into Place , if you dont find out Who He Is , nothing else matters , eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die " . That Very much i Totally Agree with , with a thankful heart .

Run to The Saviour
and Keep Running to Him
He hears you Ruby .
God Bless

Mar 22, 2019
I would like to encourage you and tell you to Live in His Word , His Word is Everything , it Absolutely is , And it is for All the right reasons Matthew 4v4 says " man shall not live by bread alone ........ etc " , You see our Lord wants His children to know and to know and to know that if we Live there , in His Word , then change has to happen , it has to and that is His encouragement to us All who are Born Again .
Hebrews 4v12 -13 is for us to Believe and Believe and Believe . It is not by any kind of a feeling that we know God is with us ( Not at all ) , nor an emotion , But it by His Word , His Promises .
I like what Pastor Lawson says ....... " find out Who The Son is and everything else will fall into Place , if you dont find out Who He Is , nothing else matters , eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die " . That Very much i Totally Agree with , with a thankful heart .

Run to The Saviour
and Keep Running to Him
He hears you Ruby .
God Bless
I don’t understand the eat drink and be merry part. Are you saying we should do this

Sep 13, 2018
New Zealand
I don’t understand the eat drink and be merry part. Are you saying we should do this
No , Bless you , thats not what im saying . What i mean is simply find out Who The Lord Jesus is and Exactly what He has done for you. I believe it will make All the difference for you. Truly .
Here are afew Scriptures for you to meditate on
1 Timothy 3v16
Colossians 2v9
Colossians 1v19

Please know that my Jesus Loves you. And Please Please read these Scriptures and Truly meditate on them. Ask Him to Reveal Himself ( and Keep asking - Every day , day and night . The Bible says if we Seek Him with All of our hearts He will be found of us .
I know for me it took for me to stop doing ( turning away from sin - Bad and harmful habits . ) What we fill our minds with ( is what we will find ourselves Meditating on ) so its Crucial for the child of God to Seek and Seek and Seek our Gods Face.
Sometimes i lay prostrate before our Heavenly Father , not knowing what to say . So i just lay there on my face . And i tell Him i wouldnt have a clue what to say But He knows what i need to and i wait in silence . I can tell you that when i do that? I soon enough recognise He is doing stuff inside of me and He Always puts it on my heart ( and in my mind - The Battleground ! ! ) to Keep coming before Him ( just as i am - i dont need to know what to say to Him and Actually saying nothing is a great place to be with Him ) .
Being silent before God ? and listening , and listening , and listening ? I will tell you as a matter of fact and from experience , our God is a Very Jealous God and i mean that with Every Ounce of my being .......... He will come dear one , I tell you He will come in Jesus Mighty Name .
You are Loved and Cherished of Almighty God , You are So Precious to Him and He does want you to know it ....... and as His Redeemed , Forgiven , Blood of Christ Redeemed Child , i also want you to know it . There are more for you than there are against you ! Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world !
The Name of our Saviour Jesus Christ is the Sweetest most Beautiful Name to me . He is All you need Dear one , and i mean that .
Please meditate and meditate on those Scriptures ive written and ask Jesus to come and Reveal Himself ( to your heart , your heart , your heart ) .
I believe thats all He would have me say on His behalf for now .
I tell you He will come if you will Absolutely make time for Him and Seek Him.

My earnest prayer for you " Father i Praise You my Heavenly Father , with all of my heart i Exalt You my God in Jesus Great and Praiseworthy Saving Name , my Jesus i bring this person before You Lord , You are All in All my Wonderful Saviour and You Alone are All she Needs . You have Abundant Life for her my Jesus , because You Are Life . You came to save the lost , to set free the captives and Redeem them with Your Very Own Precious Blood ........ and You want this one to know it . It is Your Good Pleasure for me as Your child to say all that i have . I Exalt and Honor You Lord Jesus , Far Above All . Help her to believe You Lord and i Pray against the lies Lord , the lier which you dont want me going into right now . If there is sin Lord , sin that has been ongoing and she's been struggling with it or against it to the point that she just cant help it Lord , You know all the whys my Jesus , Lord show her and help her to see how Destructive that thing You call sin Really is ....... and help her to Repent and surrender herself Afresh before You .
In Your Glorious Name i Pray and Praise You my Wonderful Jesus
To the Glory of God The Father .
Amen and Amen my Lord.

Mar 22, 2019
God gave us a spirit of love, power and of sound mind. Fear not! The world is but a temporary home. Be joyous in the Lord!

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Greetings Ruby welcome...
My heart has great empathy for you and your circumstances... Praying for you, and that HE blesses you with the comfort and strength to know that HE hears your prayers and HE will rescue you...
Here is an encouraging song that a CC friend recommended when I was struggling...

I think you will like it here in the cc... Lots of amazingly honest, and gracious, sometimes outspoken and opinionated - but always loving, caring and giving of advice for those who are seeking prayer, friendship, support or just a break from their daily routine...

God Bless

Feb 24, 2019
God made nature. And I think we can learn a lot from it.

One thing I notice is that things grow.
But they don't just have permanent summers to grow in.
They have winters too.
I don't know why its this way, but I know it is this way.
Perhaps, somehow, it is necessary to endure winters as an important part of growth. God knows.
Perhaps it is in our winters that we try all the harder to draw near to Him and keep our faith alive.
Somebody once told me that in winter trees strengthen their roots.

I know I have had plenty of winters. And plenty of summers too.

A keen gardener once told me that his apple trees don't bear fruit until he has "given them a good thrashing!"
And, "...every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." - ( John 15:2 )

Be gentle with yourself and try to have peace with the winters. I pray your next summer is not far away. :)

Lisajake

Sep 20, 2019
No offense but I feel many of the responses in this thread to be completely full of it... They're nice little pick me ups but thats it. Soon as you close the bible or the mac book, it ends. People are very social creatures by nature... and they need other people. Sure no one can complete a person in the way God can but we still have needs on earth. We aren't with God yet. Do people need to eat? Yes... Do people need friends and to be loved? Yes. Is God's love sufficient? Yes but how do you see and feel God's love if there is no one around for him to show himself through? God does not have a physical presence and that is VERY important. You can't look God in the eyes... you can't talk to him like a friend and hear a verbal response... You can't go do things with him and laugh. Not saying God isn't enough cause he is... but we are still human and still have human primitive needs. If God was enough, then we wouldn't need to eat. His word is food... but that's not true we still need to eat while we're on this earth. Like wise we still need friends and to be loved while on this earth.

Even the bible stresses the importance of friendships. Even in genesis God gave Adam woman because he saw he was alone. So even from the beginning we need others...

These feel good comments are not gonna fix anything. Trust me, I've heard them long enough and they are a temporary feel good buzz at most.

To the OP, I know how ya feel and I'm sorry. I'm there myself to be honest but I'm not gonna accept being lonely or that I can't change and be more of a people person. I know this isn't the life God planned for me and I know it's not the life he planned for you either. I'd rather be dead than live the rest of my life the way it has been... I mean, there would be the physical relationship you want with God, seeing his presence HEARING his voice (his real voice verbal voice), and feeling his arms physically wrapped around you and literally wiping away the tears... So yea death is is an option but reading the bible, it's not the right one. God didn't plan so you could be miserable and then kill yourself. So I know this is not what God had planned... and someday I won't and will have friends and not so depressed all the time. I'm hanging on to God that he'll pull me through and develop good strong friendships or relationships. Don't think you have to settle for a boring, depressing, lonely life... Sure God is there but the same God that gives you food to eat will give you relationships too. Cause they're as much of a need as food or clothing on this earth till we die... then we won't need food, clothing, or friendships because we will THEN be complete with God and have more love we ever dreamed we could have even with close friends etc.

But till then, it is my firm belief that people are meant and need strong friendships just as much as food, water or clothes. And God will provide. Thinking you have to accept being lonely because you have God is just setting yourself up disappointment and sadness. Don't accept it, fight it and know God is standing behind you and will help you find those relationships. God shines through others and using others is one way we FEEL his love. Seriously... sit in a room by yourself... You can't feel NOTHING. You hear NOTHING... Doesn't mean God isn't there and he may give you peace but... He's never gonna manifest and hug you or verbally have a chat with you. And people NEED that. Deny it and yes you will get more depressed and lonely... Just like you're gonna get more hungry if you stop eating.
You are right we all need someone to talk to in and feel the love of others it a natural we are designed that way.

T

tasha66

This may be an old thread - I don't check if posters are still on here, when they were last active, blah blah - who's got time for all of that??
But the responses on here have been impressive. People still have problems, and their responses can still help others. Actively asking and answering, and just plain out TALKING to others helps people not feel so disconnected in their lives.
Keep posting I say, or if it bugs some people that this thread is old, ask the moderators to discontinue it or block it so that answers cannot be posted.

Sep 26, 2019
Just keep praying too God he will send you what is needed in this season. Stay encouraged to all that is struggling in this area of their Christian walk. I’m sure many of us have been in this position misunderstood not welcome started to feel lonely and depressed! You belong to a church God have the right people in there for you keep praying stay patient and please don’t try to filled that void by following your feelings in emotion if you do it will lead you down the wrong path I’m praying for you!

T

tasha66

At Ruby123: Hey Rubes you can personal message (PM) to chat if you like. I could always do with more friends, as mine all work in different states, are busy with their lives, or are overseas at the mo. I can't PM people as apparently you have to pay and I have no spare funds at present. So you can message me and we wil start a pen friendship if that would help you?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Cheers :)