long distance relationships

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would you involve yourself in a long distance relationship?

• Yes

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters
R

Rachel777

Maybe if love is bigger than distance, it can work,but if love does not then I don't think it work at all.

G

Godsyounglady

I would love to have a long distance relationship. I am all for it but my spirit has to get along with the other person's spirit. Friends first and then dating second.

K

Kooper

What does everyone think of long distance relationships?
I think that it isn't for me. Sure there are tons of very interesting people online. But, I would like to get know them face to face. As shy as I am. :p That never stops me from trying to meet new people.

4square_city

Sep 14, 2005
long distance relationship- worth waiting. Patience really matters and risk takers :) God bless us all..

C

ChristianVegan

Ive tried it before, didnt work out for me.
But It is definitely good for when you are tempted, you cant do anything because they are far away

P

plum

i am in a long distance realationship right now.he is my soulmate.we skype and talk on the phone everyday.even though we are not physicaly able to touch each other we are more connected to each other than most married couples.he is the greastest gift from god that i have ever recived.he is my other half and i feel like our souls are conjoined.this is my first long distance realationship,but its more meaningful than any realationship i have ever had.god bless me with my man.

H

Hanee

i think it's fine to be involved in a long distance relationship... because love is about your commitment with the other person... a life-long commitment also with God that you'll continue to pray and wait for that person.. If you're not really that committed, then don't get involve with it... "the joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment.(I kissed dating goodbye)":)

C

CatWoman

It dosent matter if its long distance or not, no relationships ever worked out for me. But I think I could not trust anyone who I did not see every day. How do you know that their not seeing some one else?Ive met plenty of guys on pogo who are looking for internet lovers.I can tell their in a relationship all ready because they will not give out to much information of them selfs or give you their phone number. I mean why wouldnt you want to give your girlfriend your phone number?

P

preschoolteacher24

It can work if you both want it too work if oyu both really try and know not too give up on each other and have faith one day youll be together itll work my parents where a long distance relationship mexico too cali in santa monica they met before dad moved too cali but he went back and got married and yeah they been married 31 years i believe.

I

imperfection

So....I gotta say...I met my fiance on here and we know each other for almost one year now. I live in Austria and he lives in America. We both know that God brought us together and we trusted God to put us together whenever the time is right. Yesterday he booked his ticket to come and see me cause he got a cheque over 1,500 $

God is faithfull. It can work. If both are dedicated and willing to listen to God and obey Him.....it's great.

Jul 25, 2005
LDR's are fraught with logistical issues that usually result in failure. I would be very hesitant. Then again I'm also hesitant to date people in close proximity.

A

alices

I Always was no fan about that kind of relationship but life sometimes sorprise you.....,there is a point in your life when you are in a spot you never thought you will be,so nowadays I believe that everything can be possible about love at distance, but also I will say .....its about both sides commitmen( no just words anyone can say anything! and that is it" just words") but when two honest persons are really interested on show theirself without masks and make it work I think its possible and amazing as Love is in all its extense meaning,doesnt matter How long is taken...... ,no matter how much distance exist between them...., cuz you are commitmen inside on heart with that person and that feeling, so you do your best and make it work,and ofcourse distance relationship need a lil bit more effort ,creative and patient but who wouldnt do that and more for the person you love? and even you wont feel its an effort just something you really enjoy and love to do cuz its share with that person is in other side of the earth sharing the same beautiful feeling with you at the same time and level , its really worth if the both sides really want it.

R

Relena7

I have been in an LDR with my boyfriend for 3 and a half years. We talk every night over instant message, send "snail mail" sometimes :p, video chat, and he visits me in person about once a year (it's gonna be twice this year, hehe). All visits combined, we've spent a total of 3 months together in person. We are the best of friends and very much in love. :D
For us the distance has just made things more special the times we do get to see each other. It helps remind you to never take anything for granted about them.

Long distance relationship aren't for everybody. It takes a certain kind of person to be in one, and for those people who "get it" they can be rewarding. :)

Our relationship has already lasted longer than some marriages do...lol.

Last edited by a moderator: