Looking for a friend to talk to.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
Separated and looking for a woman friend to talk to.

OllieYakob

Aug 9, 2020
Hi brother,

If you’re a Christian and separated, you’re still married in the eyes of the Lord and should be pursuing your wife. God hates divorce, but permits it if there’s infidelity or abandonment. If neither is the case for you, fight for your marriage. Stay blessed!

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
There’s been infidelity. Several times. Need hope. That not all women are the same. That there might be someone that loves and respects me like I will them. That’s it. I appreciate the message. Believe me. I’ve tried. But can’t keep letting my heart get hurt by someone that doesn’t love me

OllieYakob

Aug 9, 2020
I completely understand. I would suggest attending a man’s group for support and a great Christian counselor to talk through all the issues you’ve experienced in your marriage. But do not date or talk to anyone until your divorce has been finalized. That’s not recommended. Stay blessed and strong. Make Jesus your priority and you will never be disappointed. Lord willing, He will bring you a woman, who will never disappoint you in time.

There’s been infidelity. Several times. Need hope. That not all women are the same. That there might be someone that loves and respects me like I will them. That’s it. I appreciate the message. Believe me. I’ve tried. But can’t keep letting my heart get hurt by someone that doesn’t love me

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
Thank you. I’m not looking to date anyone right now. I’ve stayed true for god. Not because she deserved it. I’m just looking for someone to talk to. I’m going to Christian counseling next week. Thank you for the encouragement.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ah, hear those alarm bells ringing!

Howdy rlvsbud, and welcome to the forum.

If you are separated and looking for a woman to talk to, you are playing with fire. I've seen a lot of guys get hurt by a girl, so they look for another girl "just to talk to" and... well... it has NEVER ended well.

I mean sure, maybe you're better than all the other guys I know who have done this. Maybe you will not get burned. But the odds are strongly against it.

Aug 9, 2020
Thank you. I’m not looking to date anyone right now. I’ve stayed true for god. Not because she deserved it. I’m just looking for someone to talk to. I’m going to Christian counseling next week. Thank you for the encouragement.
I'm praying for you, brother. I'm so glad to hear that you've taken the initiative to seek help. Blessings to you!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have been where you now are and feel for you. For years, after my divorce, loneliness was my only friend and depression was lurking in the shadows. I will say a prayer for Jesus to lift you up where you belong.

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
I have been where you now are and feel for you. For years, after my divorce, loneliness was my only friend and depression was lurking in the shadows. I will say a prayer for Jesus to lift you up where you belong.
Thank you so much. I’m having anxiety problems and can’t find peace. I still love her but need something to change or our situation is going to get worse. She’s agreed to do Marriage counseling with a pastor. I really hope it helps us get closer to god because we need him. Thank you for your prayers

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
can you talk to your mum or sister? or sister-in law or mother-in-law?
they would know your situation and probably be able to lend a sympathetic ear.

When someone has trouble in their marriage I wonder why they dont sort it out or discuss with family members. It would be easy for me to say 'start over again' as Im coming from the outside, but I wouldnt really know your situation or how to make things better. I'd be like...soo, whats your favourite plant?

Praying that you will be able to sort things out.

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
can you talk to your mum or sister? or sister-in law or mother-in-law?
they would know your situation and probably be able to lend a sympathetic ear.

When someone has trouble in their marriage I wonder why they dont sort it out or discuss with family members. It would be easy for me to say 'start over again' as Im coming from the outside, but I wouldnt really know your situation or how to make things better. I'd be like...soo, whats your favourite plant?

Praying that you will be able to sort things out.

Can’t get her family involved, things would get worse. Can’t get my family involved because they would recent her.
God is the only one that can help us now. Thank you for your prayers.

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona

Thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate them

Aug 14, 2020
Good Day, Am Bryan Presley i got interest in your profile, please write to my email here ([email protected]) i have important proposal for you ,thanks

May 27, 2020
Work things out or Get a divorce devote your time to God and his word, ask for directions then he will guide your steps. Seek companion in a Godly man frienship who is willing to take a step with you through your journey. For now keep your distance with woman and purse christ and restoration. I know you will find men here who are willing to help you in a Godly manner. A lot of them here with gifted wisdom and understanding.

rlvsbud

Jul 8, 2020
Arizona
Thank you. That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. We are going to counseling with our pastor. I tried deleting this thread but I don’t know how. I appreciate the encouragement and positive guidance. God is definitely helping me through this.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I am both curious and sad from what I read of your situation and comments.............

Seems you FIRST need to decide what you want.............and then go to God in sincere prayer with a contrite heart, and seek His guidance.........