Looking for help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Midwestman
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Alcohol addiction is horrid. How much do you drink? If its heavyer stuff than beer its most likely gonna get hard..start cutting down or best, go to rehab
 
I don't drink Monday through Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday I drink two 1.75 bottles of whiskey. I don't know, it just melts the stress away from work and life and makes me happy. I know it's not good for me or my family, but I can't stop
 
The problem is that alcohol is alcohol. My advice is to go to rehab, pour out the whiskey and prepare for a cold turkey. and make sure somehow that u cant get to your wallet and stuff to buy any.
I see a lot how ppl go under in alcoholism and cant even get off of beer alone.. like said I strongly advise you to go to a rehab or so.
 
I don't drink Monday through Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday I drink two 1.75 bottles of whiskey. I don't know, it just melts the stress away from work and life and makes me happy. I know it's not good for me or my family, but I can't stop

I used to be a drunk .... I was inside a church with my GF at the time with a bottle (crown royal) in my jacket . I went to the bathroom to take a swig and i looked in the mirror and i poured the whole bottle in the sink and i haven't touched alcohol in almost 2 years (drinking almost 18 years )
 
I used to be a drunk .... I was inside a church with my GF at the time with a bottle (crown royal) in my jacket . I went to the bathroom to take a swig and i looked in the mirror and i poured the whole bottle in the sink and i haven't touched alcohol in almost 2 years (drinking almost 18 years )
im sorry you had to go through but so grateful glad you did the right thing
 
The ability to change comes from one core characteristic and that is simply humility. Humility keeps us flexible - raphael mcmanus (wide awake).
Humility to admit your fault or your weakness and ask for help from God and others.
 
Brad Paisley said it pretty good:


I can make anybody pretty
I can make you believe any lie
I can make you pick a fight
With somebody twice your size

Well I've been known to cause a few breakups
And I've been known to cause a few births
I can make you new friends
Or get you fired from work

And since the day I left Milwaukee
Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France
Been makin' the bars lots of big money
And helpin' white people dance

I got you in trouble in high school
But college now that was a ball
You had some of the best times
You'll never remember with me
Alcohol, alcohol

I got blamed at your wedding reception
For your best man's embarrassing speech
And also for those naked pictures of you at the beach

I've influenced kings and world leaders
I helped Hemingway write like he did
And I`ll bet you a drink or two that I can make you
Put that lampshade on your head


'Cause since the day I left Milwaukee
Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France
Been makin' a fool out of folks just like you
And helpin' white people dance

I am medicine and I am poison
I can help you up or make you fall
You had some of the best times
You'll never remember with me
Alcohol, alcohol

Yes since the day I left Milwaukee
Lynchburg, Bordeaux, France
Been makin' the bars lots of big money
And helpin' white people dance

Yea I got you in trouble in high school
And college now that was a ball
You had some of the best times
You'll never remember with me
Alcohol, alcohol
(Alcohol, alcohol)
(Alcohol, alcohol)
(Alcohol, alcohol)

Read more at BRAD PAISLEY - ALCOHOL LYRICS