Looking for people to talk to about godly things and life

  • Thread starter Thread starter SearchingforSerenity
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
KJV Philipians 4:8-9

{4:8} Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are
true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are]
just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are]
lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be]
any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these
things. {4:9} Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of
peace shall be with you.

With all the talk about the end time conspiracy and wars in Iran, this has got to be a good thread to start.
 
Then u have come to the right place 😁 . I love to talk about the Bible and my faith and to listen to what others have to say about their experiences and what they see in scripture that encourages and cheers them up .
 
Let's pray for us all to remain rooted in Christ and to find truth and delight in our Lord, in Jesus' name, amen.

May this be a site and thread that blesses us all in our walks.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Psalms 37:3

Praise God!
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
I pray you are successful in your search but the Forums may not be your best place to look. There is lots of good here but much becomes bogged down in theology and misapplied quotes.

I'm an ol' Christian in very way. I believe the entire Bible, not just half and I reject much doctrine of the Constantinian Church. I can carry on a conversation about my faith without a bible quote after every sentence. I do have deep Canadian roots, but don't hold that against me; I'm ok now! :)

You are welcome to send me a personal message if you like.
 
Do you go to church to start?
No the churches are filled with false preachers and don’t even teach the proper word. So if you think going to church means that’s the only way to be a Christian you would be false. God never said anything about going to a church. Jesus never preached in church once. They met in a home.
 
Let's pray some members here can do that, I'm a busy landlord and have projects going on, so what did you have in mind for those viewing this?
I don’t know much about this app/site. Just want to exchange in godly conversation and keep on the right path. Make lifetime friendships
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard
I pray you are successful in your search but the Forums may not be your best place to look. There is lots of good here but much becomes bogged down in theology and misapplied quotes.

I'm an ol' Christian in very way. I believe the entire Bible, not just half and I reject much doctrine of the Constantinian Church. I can carry on a conversation about my faith without a bible quote after every sentence. I do have deep Canadian roots, but don't hold that against me; I'm ok now! :)

You are welcome to send me a personal message if you like.
I sir believe that. Believe in all not partial. I don’t quote the bible much. For I know it does not make me more faithful or smarter. I prefer to show by example as Jesus did. Not saying I’m the best example. I’d rather say the opposite for my life doesn’t look like Jesus’ way. I see the part about theology and the ride back and forth on proving eachother wrong. This is not from Jesus. These conflicts on the forums are man made.
 
No the churches are filled with false preachers and don’t even teach the proper word. So if you think going to church means that’s the only way to be a Christian you would be false. God never said anything about going to a church. Jesus never preached in church once. They met in a home.
Hebrews 10:24–25


“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another—and

Colossians 3:16


“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
 
No the churches are filled with false preachers and don’t even teach the proper word. So if you think going to church means that’s the only way to be a Christian you would be false. God never said anything about going to a church. Jesus never preached in church once. They met in a home.

1) You haven't found the right church? or 2) your theology is bad. There is no such thing as a church of myself.
 
Matthew 18:15–17


“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault…
But if he does not listen, take one or two others along…
If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
3. Psalm 122:1


“I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’”
Matthew 16:18–19


“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Hebrews 13:17


“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account.”
Timothy 5:17


“Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching
 
Matthew 18:15–17



3. Psalm 122:1



Matthew 16:18–19



Hebrews 13:17



Timothy 5:17
I think it is clear you need to read the entirety of the books of Matthew and Timothy. And the entirety of the New Testament . I’m not going to get in a quote from the bible argument. No church of oneself sure. Not what I said.
 
I think it is clear you need to read the entirety of the books of Matthew and Timothy. And the entirety of the New Testament . I’m not going to get in a quote from the bible argument. No church of oneself sure. Not what I said.
Been there done that brother. But you were the one said that church is filled with false teachers and I said, you haven't found the right church.

PS... In Heaven , it will be like one big church... all worshiping together. Our earthly lives should train us for eternity.
 
Trying to find people like minded to help keep me on the right path.
The Hebrew word “yada” refers to intimate relationships/knowledge gained by experience, such as with Genesis 4:1 where Adam knew (yada) Eve, she conceived, and gave birth to Cain. God’s way is the way to know (yada) Him and Jesus by having the experience of embodying His character traits, which is the narrow way to eternal life (John 17:3). For example, in Genesis 18:19, God knew (yada) Abraham that he would teach his children and those of His household to walk in His way by being doers of righteousness and justice that the Lord might bring to him all that He has promised. In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way that he and Israel might know (yada) Him, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the goal of the law is to graciously teach us how to experience an intimate relationship with God and Jesus by walking in His way, which is His gift of eternal life.

To know God is to know truth. An arrow flies true when it hits its mark, our mark is to walk in God’s way, and God’s law is truth (Psalms 119:142) because it was given to teach us how to walk in God’s way (1 Kings 2:1-3) while sin is missing the mark, sin is what is contrary to God’s character traits, and sin is the transgression of God’s law (1 John 3:4). The Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13) and of leading us to obey God’s law (Ezekiel 36:26-26) because God’s character traits are the fruits of the Spirit. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact likeness of His character (Hebrews 1:3), which he embodied through his works by setting a sinless example for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to God’s law, so he is the way, the truth, and the life, and the way to know the Father (John 14:6-11).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard