Loose leaf vs. bagged tea

  • Thread starter Thread starter ROSSELLA
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does loose-leaf or bagged tea tasste better?

  • Bagged tea

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Loose-leaf tea

    Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I taste no difference

    Votes: 1 11.1%

  • Total voters
    9
i drink both, but i think tea leaves (loose) taste better than tea dust (bags). ;)
there's also a whole 'proper way' to make tea that actually affects the way it tastes! (who knew? lol)

nice idea for a thread, Rossella! what do you think?
 
You get more infusions that taste fresher with loose leaves. And some of your wonderful teas only come in loose.
 
i drink both, but i think tea leaves (loose) taste better than tea dust (bags). ;)
there's also a whole 'proper way' to make tea that actually affects the way it tastes! (who knew? lol)

nice idea for a thread, Rossella! what do you think?
I'm actually not sure. Don't drink tea very much, but I'm starting to because I had the worst cold in the history of colds and now it's been followed by bronchitis, and I hear tea helps make you feel better.
 
I'm actually not sure. Don't drink tea very much, but I'm starting to because I had the worst cold in the history of colds and now it's been followed by bronchitis, and I hear tea helps make you feel better.

i'm so sorry!

i have a cold, too (not the worst, tho) and i've been drinking peppermint tea.

Newman's Own, i think? nice strong peppermint taste, and it seems to help the sore throat and the sinuses, a little.

are you getting any sleep with the cough?


 
I've only ever found lapsang souchong in loose form, so I guess it's loose for me.

That said, I don't have it often. I buy ready-made herbal concoctions and rooibos in bags. Regular tea? Bags, because it's convenient, especially when I'm at work.
 
I have limited experience with loose tea, but the one I tried (Assam) was most excellent. I did manage to find it in little nylon looking tea bags, and it was good, as well.

It probably has more to do with the freshness of the tea... although, it SEEMS like the whole, loose tea should have better flavor than the aforementioned "tea dust" in most normal teabags.
 
I think that processed(bagged) tea tastes better because most places ad stuff to it to enhance the flavor but in doing that they diminish the health benefits.
 
You can make pretty decent tea from loose tea using a drip coffee maker. I'm sure tea aficionados are rolling their eyes at the thought of putting loose tea through good ole Mr. Coffee. But it works! lol

I drink both kinds--loose and bagged tea. Bagged tea is a bit more convenient. But you can get a lot more flavors with loose tea. I only use Mr. Coffee to make tea for myself when I'm at work. I generally boil loose tea leaves in a kettle, and then pour it through a strainer. I have a couple of wire mesh tea balls I use sometimes too.
 
Well... I've never had the same flavour of tea in both bags and loose, so I can't really compare :p

I don't think I'd taste the difference... and to be honest, I don't think most people would in a blind test,
we just assume things based on how something looks. (I saw a test once where "wine experts" mistook a white (coloured) wine for red wine :p )
 
i'm so sorry!

i have a cold, too (not the worst, tho) and i've been drinking peppermint tea.

Newman's Own, i think? nice strong peppermint taste, and it seems to help the sore throat and the sinuses, a little.

are you getting any sleep with the cough?


Thanks! Sorry about your cold, too! I have been, but I've been so worn out that no matter how much sleep I get I soon need more :( But, on the plus side, it seems to be on its way out!
 
This maybe depends on personal taste, but they certainly look better-)
P1110946.jpg

P1110961.jpg

Fresh herb tea | chinese grandma
 
Last edited:
Lose leaf tea is that like free range? If so sign me up. I can't stand anything raised in a cadge . I can see it now ,a poor little tea tree in a cadge somewhere with artificial lighting.
Free the tea !
Blessings
Bill
 
It is not how loose or bagged the tea is, but where and what kind of place it grew in and process it went through that counts!
 
I use Tetley iced tea blend. in the south ( usa ) sweet tea rules!!
 
Loose leaf tea is fantastical! !

Black tea strong and bold for me but Im addicted to coffee so this flavor preference does not surprise.
 
TEA = COFFEE -

TWO of the most addictive 'drugs-herb-spice', that we have ever been exposed to at 'home and outside
of home', it's literally EVERYWHERE, world-wide'; they are so compromised by 'chems', additives, that
we are praying that at least some will be faithful/honorable in the labels when they proclaim and say 'organic...
 
Last edited: