Why does He not take this thorn away?Approach the throne of grace in time of need. As the temptation presents itself, go to the Lord. Pray to God. "Lord I approach the throne of grace in time of need, and may you strengthen me according to your grace and mercy."
Hebrews 4:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
1 Corinthians 10:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I like to ask the Lord to continue to strengthen me to walk in His holy and righteous ways, in thought and deed.
The problem is sin!Very often, the persistent sin is a manifestation of a deeper problem in your life. You can't treat the symptoms, you need to treat the cause. Ask God to show you what's behind the door.
Why does He not take this thorn away?
The problem is sin!
Very often, the persistent sin is a manifestation of a deeper problem in your life. You can't treat the symptoms, you need to treat the cause. Ask God to show you what's behind the door.
Since I am a child of God, am I practicing sinning (by the works of the flesh) or committing acts of sin? Is the sin nature reactivated in me?You have to want to stop. Search your heart. If you don't like what you see, pray that the Lord continues to sanctify you (as He will, as you are His child). Thank Him for His process of sanctification. You were created to be in the light, not in darkness. When you realize that your way of life is not to use your members for sin unto death, but righteousness unto God, you feel an unsettling irritation when you sin, because that is no longer who you are in Christ Jesus. You are a new creation. No longer a slave to sin, but a child of God.
The problem is sin!
Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.But what is the REASON behind why you keep sinning?
Why do I continue to repeat the same sins? Save me Jesus! Don't leave me this way!!!!!!!
I want to stop! I have tried to use my willpower over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. It is stronger than I.You have to want to stop.
Since I am a child of God, am I practicing sinning or committing acts of sin. Is the sin nature reactivated in me?
How is it when I am weak, I am made strong? How does that work?Paul had the same experience. I believe that the thorn that tormented him in his flesh was some sort of sin problem. God knew his heart and said that His grace was sufficient for him. His grace is sufficient for you too.
Thank God for 1 John 1:9, that He doesn't leave us. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."I wouldn't put so much focus on sin, as I would on Christ. The blood of Jesus has granted you the remission of your sins. In Christ, you are forgiven and there is no condemnation. This is you being justified before God. A righteous standing. As for your sin, and how to practically overcome sin, this is God's doing. Yes, and your surrender, your willingness to change and, again, approach the throne of grace.
Your sin as ugly as it is, God wants better for you. He doesn't hold the sin against you, but rather would encourage you to walk in the light. You don't have to entertain that particular sin. You don't. That you think you do is where you're deceived, and for that reason of deception do you continue to fall.
You may feel weak, but this is why you approach the throne of grace, to obtain mercy and find grace in time of need.
Why do I continue to repeat the same sins? Save me Jesus! Don't leave me this way!!!!!!!