Lordship salvation vs. "easy believism"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
“Foreknow” is being known by God in the sense of Gal. 4:9 after conversion and before glorification as if already glorified. It does not refer to any time prior to conversion. (Gal. 4:8-9; Rom. 8:29-30; 1 Pet. 1:2)
Answer- the word foreknow is not in the passage.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
To do what you mean ? Its God that chooses to do or for a purpose or service ect . No verse says ' chosen to salvation ' . So we can keep going round the houses on this ,but the bible never says individuals were hard picked to salvation through foreknowledge or otherwise ..The Arminian position is simply a ' tweak ' on the Calvinist position . They both place ' election ' to salvation, in eternity past . You have no verses but " if God knows, then this must mean, and God being this and by logic this and this word means...blah blah blah. And i don't equate predestination synonymous with ' election ' . They are separate meanings .
According to does not refer to purpose.

I do not equate predestination with election, either. Election is chosing of both a corporate body and individuals. Predestination is what they are chosen unto.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
ok, but why does it say ' without hope ' and strangers ' ' without God ' ?
Yes, as Gentiles they were aliens. But God sent the Gospel to them, which was His eternal intent. So we see that God chose and predestined all these things before He did them.

You have it backwards. You think God chosen in response to our faith. I believe we choose in response to Gods grace.

You have God dependant on us to foreknow and predestinate according to that foreknowledge.

No such thing taught in the Bible.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Yes, as Gentiles they were aliens. But God sent the Gospel to them, which was His eternal intent. So we see that God chose and predestined all these things before He did them.

You have it backwards. You think God chosen in response to our faith. I believe we choose in response to Gods grace.

You have God dependant on us to foreknow and predestinate according to that foreknowledge.

This is well put. I can't figure how some people can't accept God is all-knowing. Like He need to "look down into the corridors of time" and learn something? o_O

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is well put. I can't figure how some people can't accept God is all-knowing. Like He need to "look down into the corridors of time" and learn something? o_O

Well this is more or less OIC1976 Belief .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Did God save you in time or before you existed ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

I do not equate predestination with election, either. Election is chosing of both a corporate body and individuals. Predestination is what they are chosen unto.
All those in christ their destination is the adoption. Rom 8.23 . Its so clear . Keep reading Rom 8.23 .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

' His intent was ' those that get in him ' remember its about Jesus not you ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

You put ' in eternity past ' as the lens to view certain scriptures which I believe skewers the reading of them. We are given very little about God's mind and his ways .

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
You put ' in eternity past ' as the lens to view certain scriptures which I believe skewers the reading of them. We are given very little about God's mind and his ways .
God existed in eternity past? No?

We already agreed with the prophet Isaiah that He foreknows the future.

I don’t know why you think God obtained this attribute in time. Because if He wasnt all knowing in eternity past, He obtained foreknowledge in time.

That would be an imperfect, mutable God.

Don’t think so.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
God existed in eternity past? No?

We already agreed with the prophet Isaiah that He foreknows the future.

I don’t know why you think God obtained this attribute in time. Because if He wasnt all knowing in eternity past, He obtained foreknowledge in time.

That would be an imperfect, mutable God.

Don’t think so.
Were are you getting all these terms from ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

You associate predestination with ' to salvation ' where as the bible says to be conformed / Adoption / redemption of the body . God can actually declare that anyone who is placed in him they will be glorified.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So the biblical doctrine of foreknowledge is irrelevant?
Matthew 7:23

“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you : depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Gal 4
8¶Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.

9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God , how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

All those in Christ are chosen. Individuals are also chosen for service . All those in christ are chosen for service also. Israel were chosen for salvation? no for a purpose .