Losing the will to live

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 25, 2013
In dire need of prayer. Losing hope everyday, I've been feeling like I have no purpose and I'm not important to anyone. Nothing good seems to happen for me. I am feeling more and more like I was created by God to suffer and then die. Suicide feels like the only way out some days.
AWWW sweet baby PLEASEEEE HOLD on GOD does not want u to take your life. You are precious and special. The amazing thing about GOD is some may never know their purpose but you maybe overlooking it OR it may not be time for it to be revealed HOLD ON SWEETIE. Im HOLDING YOU SUPER TIGHT IN PRAYER AND SHOWERING YOU WITH POSITIVITY. You are a believer you understand that suicide isn't the way. So many are dying and fighting to live you have the strengths ONLY GOD decides our fate. KEPPING U IN PRAYER

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m very sorry you feel this way, Gemmy. Please reach out to your friends about your situation. I’m praying that our God of all comfort and strength will work in your circumstances and give you direction. May He bring healing and renewed hope as you lean upon Him. Also, it might be helpful to speak to a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. Hang in there.

T

tasha66

Gemmy, please call a helpline. I don't know where you are located or I'd put some on here. I'm guessing you aren't in Oz - are you in the US?
Sweetie, you need somebody to talk to about all of this.
Helpline counsellors will be able to put you in touch with some social workers, who can help sort our all your problems for you. They are trained professionals who can offer you alternatives.
And may I say, I think you are staying with your bloke for your daughter and probably money reasons (amongst others). This man you are with is highly manipulative, and knows just how to push your buttons. I hope he hasn't threatened you or your daughter.
Even the police have people that can help you.
We can all pray for you, but you have got to make the effort to do something about this situation.
I know you are suffering and you are depresesed. But living with this bloke is seriously affecting your mental health and that of your daughters. Do you really want her to grow up in an atmosphere of fear and possibly violence? It doesn't matter if he is her father - you need to get away from him for you and your daughter's safety.
I'd get out now if he isn't there - I'd just pack what I need and go to a friends, or relatives. There may be shelters near you as well - the police and social workers can sort all of this out for you.
His behaviour will escalate and it will turn on you one day - possibly with tragic consequences. I know - I work in this area all the time. I don't know how many women have stayed with an abusive partner, and said "Oh he'd never hurt my kid/s", but it will happen one day. God knows what he is on - illegal or legal drugs, or maybe drinking as well. He sounds untrustworthy in the extreme and labile as anything.
Please get onto a helpline now and at least have a wee chat with them.
Let us know what happens, so we can support you in any way we can.
Cheers and will be thinking of you today!

Apr 30, 2014
Update on me

Still not feeling well, I've been angry all week. Don't really feel like I can trust God anymore. Alongside what I'm going through now, still dealing with the sickening thoughts I asked him to remove so many times I've lost count. I don't think I have anymore faith. Just fed up with believing and still not seeing anything. What did he create me for?? I'm convinced he gets a kick out of seeing me down

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Update on me

Still not feeling well, I've been angry all week. Don't really feel like I can trust God anymore. Alongside what I'm going through now, still dealing with the sickening thoughts I asked him to remove so many times I've lost count. I don't think I have anymore faith. Just fed up with believing and still not seeing anything. What did he create me for?? I'm convinced he gets a kick out of seeing me down
You said you have lost faith. What is it that you no longer believe? It appears you are trusting your feelings, rather than the Truth.

T

tasha66

Update on me. Still not feeling well, I've been angry all week. Don't really feel like I can trust God anymore. Alongside what I'm going through now, still dealing with the sickening thoughts I asked him to remove so many times I've lost count. I don't think I have anymore faith. Just fed up with believing and still not seeing anything. What did he create me for?? I'm convinced he gets a kick out of seeing me down
Gemmy, I feel for you matey, I really really do. I wish I was living near you, so I could come round & take you out for coffee. I have lived with a man years ago who ended up being abusive in ALL ways, and I have experienced what you are going through (though I didn't have children).
I too have railed against God after praying for things. I have felt at times that He has abandoned me. But then again, I can't blame God for some of the situations I have put myself in - it's not God's fault we live in 'the last days', but it's easy to just blame him anyway. It's natural to want to blame SOMEONE. I firmly believe that God helps those who help themselves. I'm not saying that you put yourself in a bad situation: I just think you ARE in a bad situation, and you're completely helpless as to what you should do to get out of it - that's if you DO want to get out of it.
I think you're deeply depressed and need someone to help you get out of your current circumstances.
There have been many, many people on here giving you great advice and suggestions. Have you rung any social service places? If so what did they say?
Try to just call someone and have a chat to them first - they might have some suggestions you haven't thought of, & can steer you in the right direction.
Don't give up - please! :)

Apr 30, 2014
Today I am getting my locks changed and getting my number changed once I get my new cellphone. I'm doing the best I can, I believe God is real, at the moment I'm having a hard time believing he loves me or has a good plan for me. My life hasn't reflected that and I feel down. I do realize there are people going through much worse things so I try not to complain.

J

Jenny23

Today I am getting my locks changed and getting my number changed once I get my new cellphone. I'm doing the best I can, I believe God is real, at the moment I'm having a hard time believing he loves me or has a good plan for me. My life hasn't reflected that and I feel down. I do realize there are people going through much worse things so I try not to complain.
I've had these same thoughts and emotions. I lashed out at God. He wanted me to process my anger with him. Get it all out, cry, say it to him, feel it, and then watch how he still loved me. He was so patient and kind with me. I've had two significant times when I got my anger out towards him, and then experienced how he helped me overcome. His power is greater. It's been a part of my maturing process.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Is there anything that any of us can do to help you? I am praying with and for you.

Our hearts are hugging yours from a far. We care and we love you.

Thank you so so much for updating us. You have been weighing heavy on my mind.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Seeing in between your words, it appears something or someone is at the bottom of
your emotional stress. There comes a time when we must put our priorities in proper
perspective. Often there are people, places and things we need to be done with for our
own peace and well being. You and you alone know the entire story, and usually a combination
of things brings about such unrest. I do pray you come to know what is most important and
know that too often we fail in applying the 'principles' of God's inspiration in our lives, as you,
I and everyone are not immune to this failure. But, always to have faith that we can and will
make an earnest effort to move forward, knowing we can and will overcome by daily prayer.
I hope you come to know what is needed in your life, and I believe you will.
I pray God's 'inspiration' changes your situation, and all is well."
'Amen' hope-in-focus - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Apr 30, 2014
I really thank you all for your prayers, it really does mean a lot how caring everyone is on this site. My day is going well, going to spend some time with my mom and daughter later. I hope you all are having a great day is well :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Gemmy, I realize it can be difficult to do under burdensome conditions... still, I would like to ask if you have ever practiced praising the Lord regardless of how you feel and/or perceive your current situation? Scripture exhorts us to praise Him under any and all circumstances.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Update on me

No, no Gemmy - don't play the blame game with God - that's not going to help your situation.

Know the difference between your "flesh" crying out and your "soul" crying out. The "flesh" which is our selfish side throws a fit and a pity party when it doesn't get it's way or God doesn't answer its prayer demands.

Whereas, our "souls" will cry out in humility - simple desperate need - kind of like a starving child. It's not angry at anyone, it's just crying.

God will not answer our "flesh" because He is killing that selfish nature. HOWEVER, God does answer our "soul."

No need to commit suicide, it accomplishes nothing - only kills the body. All the junk is in the soul - it goes with you to the other side. There no escape. Just plant your feet and face your enemy. God is with you, you will overcome because God loves you relentlessly!

In regards to the "sickening thoughts," I rebuke those in the authority and power of the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ and tell them to be silent and speak no more to Gemmy. May Gemmy and her child receive God's forgiveness and be flooded with the Holy Spirit of God - her Comforter, Counselor, Guide, Teacher and Instructor in the path of all righteousness, joy and peace. Amen!"

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Gemmy and her child. Deliver them Father, set them free. Give them a safe place and financial blessing to meet their needs. Give them a fresh start, in a safe place. Give Gemmy wisdom and peace to make right decisions over her circumstances. Work mightily in her situation and show Yourself strong on her behalf.

There is only ONE Savior, Gemmy cannot save that man and that man cannot save Gemmy nor the child so, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ - the Only Savior You have provided, we call on His Name to save all. Have mercy, Father........forgive, deliver, save and restore Gemmy, her child and even that man, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ. All that call upon the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ shall be saved, amen. :love:(y)

Apr 30, 2014
No, no Gemmy - don't play the blame game with God - that's not going to help your situation.

Know the difference between your "flesh" crying out and your "soul" crying out. The "flesh" which is our selfish side throws a fit and a pity party when it doesn't get it's way or God doesn't answer its prayer demands.

Whereas, our "souls" will cry out in humility - simple desperate need - kind of like a starving child. It's not angry at anyone, it's just crying.

God will not answer our "flesh" because He is killing that selfish nature. HOWEVER, God does answer our "soul."

No need to commit suicide, it accomplishes nothing - only kills the body. All the junk is in the soul - it goes with you to the other side. There no escape. Just plant your feet and face your enemy. God is with you, you will overcome because God loves you relentlessly!

In regards to the "sickening thoughts," I rebuke those in the authority and power of the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ and tell them to be silent and speak no more to Gemmy. May Gemmy and her child receive God's forgiveness and be flooded with the Holy Spirit of God - her Comforter, Counselor, Guide, Teacher and Instructor in the path of all righteousness, joy and peace. Amen!"

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Gemmy and her child. Deliver them Father, set them free. Give them a safe place and financial blessing to meet their needs. Give them a fresh start, in a safe place. Give Gemmy wisdom and peace to make right decisions over her circumstances. Work mightily in her situation and show Yourself strong on her behalf.

There is only ONE Savior, Gemmy cannot save that man and that man cannot save Gemmy nor the child so, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ - the Only Savior You have provided, we call on His Name to save all. Have mercy, Father........forgive, deliver, save and restore Gemmy, her child and even that man, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ. All that call upon the Name of Yeshua/Jesus Christ shall be saved, amen. :love:(y)
Thank you for your post, I am doing well. I am not trying to play the blame game, I have been going through a rough time, just need to vent and find support that's all but I appreciate you

Atlantis88

Nov 1, 2019
When I came to Canada and found out that my husband is with other women I wanted to jump with my children from the highest building. I am so happy I did not. I dedicate my life to God and his will instead. He is doing amazing miracles with it for His Glory, things I could not even imagine. Give all your cares to Him and " be still " Blass you .

Jan 13, 2014
Lord we pray for Gemmy.bless and heal her ,give her the will to live and tbrive in thy mighty name. Come to the Lord's holy presence. Seek him with all your heart. Cling to his Word and meditate on it moment by moment by positive thoughts. Seek first God's kingdom and his righteousness(Matthew 6:33). Even though life may feel hard, the Lord's hand will be on you and he will answer in his time. I am praying for you.