Matthew 24:12-13 speaks of believers during the time of the seven-year Tribulation.
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
The Tribulation will be a time of great lawlessness!
Those who endure and resist all the Antichrist promoted thinking that shall be everywhere will resist by standing on the Word of God. These ones who do that will be saved from destruction and enter immediately into the Millennium when it begins.
Silly! We can not lose our salvation!
For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John 6:38-40
People that believe we can lose our salvation see God as a namby-pamby, incompetent, demanding, strict man.
If we could lose our salvation, it would mean that Jesus is failing to do the Father's will!
For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me,
We got to stop seeing God as being merely a powerful man.
Why does one extreme church in the Pentecostal world get so much attention?Simple example for me is that I was told I was not saved because I don't speak in tongues.
That's what the oneness pentacostals believe
Can you expand please. Not sure what you are getting at.Why does one extreme church in the Pentecostal world get so much attention?
I have seen that church mentioned every time someone mentions the scripture; 1 Corinthians 12,13,14.
Gifts, ministries of the Holy Spirit, then Oneness Pentecostal?
There is no refutation of the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit in the scripture.Either way, I’m sure you guys will find a way to argue it to death.
I don’t even know what that means. Do you talk like that all the time? Jesus said “I cannot baptize with fire and the Holy Spirit.” I can definitely say that what happened to me was like a fire that has kept burning. But… it was an experience, which is the #1 thing guys like you argue against “I don’t know what you had, but that’s foolish. It’s nowhere in scripture. I don’t see anything like that in my church. My pastor doesn’t believe that way.” Well, there’s another step that takes faith to receive.There is no refutation of the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit in the scripture.
You must reach into church tradition to refute the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit.
Don’t listen to me. Disregard previousThere is no refutation of the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit in the scripture.
You must reach into church tradition to refute the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit.
God has always given the option to follow Him or not. That's why the supplication has always been to do so and enter His gift of eternal life. Jesus also told us to follow and His word over twenty times in the gospels
What if the doctrine is not sound?
I dont pray in tounges and I was told I was not saved.
Join up with a Baptist Church.What if the doctrine is not sound?
I dont pray in tounges and I was told I was not saved.
^^^A lot of this is wrong.Tongues was to be a sign to the Jews who refused to believe.
Just like God gave Pharaoh fantastic signs, yet God knowing that he would not believe.
But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. In the Law it is written: (Law = to the Jews)“With other tonguesand through the lips of foreignersI will speak to this people, (this people = Jews)but even then they will not listen to me,says the Lord.”Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers.1 Corinthians 14:19-22
In 70 AD God had enough from the Jews who who were rejecting Jesus.
He then had Jerusalem destroyed by Rome in 70AD.
That is when tongues had died down,
Look again, please.
Tongues were intended to be a sign to those Jews refusing to believe!
Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers.
Those Jews refused to believe the sign of tongues like Pharaoh rejected the signs given him by God!
grace and peace ............
^^^A lot of this is wrong.
You need to read the Bible. Romans 10:9-10 states it clearly. The disciples were “saved” and received the Baptism of Holy Spirit later. Yes some people have received all at once. I was saved, and later on I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. And yes, speaking in tongues was evidence.
I was responding to what you said.^^^A lot of this is wrong.
You need to read the Bible. Romans 10:9-10 states it clearly. The disciples were “saved” and received the Baptism of Holy Spirit later. Yes some people have received all at once. I was saved, and later on I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. And yes, speaking in tongues was evidence.
Well, tell me about you experience with receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit.I was responding to what you said.
How is that wrong?
You said:
BillG said:
What if the doctrine is not sound?
I dont pray in tounges and I was told I was not saved.
Because I am not psychic.How can you be a Christian if you don't know whether or not you are saved? (I am not meaning genuine Christians who sometimes lack assurance of salvation.)
can we back up, I was trying to reply to the one guy above you, I think. But let’s talk about this paragraph here. Tell me about your experience with the baptism in the Holy Spirit, you individually specifically. Or if you haven’t had an experience or baptism of the Holy Spirit, let’s talk about what led you to the conclusion above.Baptism of the Holy Spirit is often times willfully misunderstood by those who want to keep clinging to some personal experience they had and refuse to give up after they find out what the Scriptures teach for our present day.
Believing or "knowing" you are saved, regardless of the level of sincerity or confidence does not equate to salvation.You have Christians on here who don’t even know if they’re saved. How in the world would they ever receive the Holy Spirit?
Mark 16:16sorry need to clarify,
"Not baptised in water then you are NOT saved.