Lost but here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 26, 2023
I’m not sure where to start. I came from a big family and lost them all one by one. I lost my little brother in January. I have been struggling to live my life or even pray. I am alone for the first time in my life and whereas the world sees me as a success, I am afraid to do anything. I know I have to listen to God and I need to wake up. I figured this is a start.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I’m not sure where to start. I came from a big family and lost them all one by one. I lost my little brother in January. I have been struggling to live my life or even pray. I am alone for the first time in my life and whereas the world sees me as a success, I am afraid to do anything. I know I have to listen to God and I need to wake up. I figured this is a start.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.
I will pray for you:

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG: Perfect God / Parental Guidance

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Hi, Musicman7811.

I am sorry to hear of all of your losses. The Bible calls death "the last enemy to be destroyed" (1 Corinthians 15:26), and it will not be destroyed until after the Millennial Reign of Christ is completed (Revelation 20:14). Until that time comes, the deaths of others can prove to be beneficial to us in a very real sense.

Solomon said:

Ecclesiastes 7:2-4

"It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

Although it seems counter-intuitive to us to prefer the house of mourning or a funeral parlor over the house of feasting or a party, the former truly is better than the latter in that the living will lay it to his heart. In other words, when we see that dead body lying in a casket, then we will hopefully meditate upon the reality that we will die ourselves one day, and that reality ought to affect how we will live the remainder of our lives here on this earth.

Yes, sorrow, in this sense, is better than laughter because by the sadness of the countenance our hearts are made better in that we wil hopefully now live with an eternal perspective ever before us.

I am not sure what you are afraid of, but I would be interested in hearing it.

God bless you, and welcome.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
You entitled this thread as "Lost, but here," yet your profile says that you are a Christian, so I am assuming that by "lost" you meant as in not knowing what to do. If my assumption is correct, then the first thing to do is to just give yourself fully to God.

Like you, I come from a large family, and if you add in all of the nieces, nephews, cousins, etc., then it is in the dozens. Although most of them are still alive, I am basically dead to all of them in that they hate me, and have no fellowship with me whatsoever, simply because I am a Christian. I mention this solely to let you know that I understand something about being alone in this world myself. What I try to do is to focus on the reality that God is the potter, and I am the clay, and I trust that he knows what he is doing, even if things are way beyond my human comprehension at times. Just place your life in his hands. As scary as that may seem to be, it is the safest place of all to be.

Also, although, like you, I really have no natural family, I do, as do you, still have the family of God to cling to. In other words, you still have plenty of brothers and sisters in Christ here on this earth, so do not hesitate to reach out to us/them in your times of need.

Again, God bless you, and welcome.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
download - 2023-09-27T204353.458.jpg

Isaiah 64:8

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."

JPPT1974

May 16, 2015
East TN
Praying for you as really so sorry. May you lean on the Lord. For guidance and strength. God bless and keep you.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Musicman the Lord is so timely to lead you here amongst fellow believers. Enjoy browsing the Forums and I hope you find encouragement, joy and many good friends at CC. God bless & keep you always🙏✨

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
God bless you brother.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome dear friend and brother. So nice to meet you. Jesus is by far the best best-friend. :)
It's just Jesus and me and Amelia (my litlle cat) here, but I never feel lonely. It would think it an honor and privilege to be your friend. (y):coffee:

Sep 26, 2023
Welcome dear friend and brother. So nice to meet you. Jesus is by far the best best-friend. :)
It's just Jesus and me and Amelia (my litlle cat) here, but I never feel lonely. It would think it an honor and privilege to be your friend. (y):coffee:
Thank you so much, I definitely need some friends. I have a little pug who is basically a big cat 🙂

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Thank you so much, I definitely need some friends. I have a little pug who is basically a big cat 🙂
It would so nice if we could find people who would love us and trust us the way our pets do. I look forward to that glad morning when all the walls can come down.

Sep 26, 2023
You entitled this thread as "Lost, but here," yet your profile says that you are a Christian, so I am assuming that by "lost" you meant as in not knowing what to do. If my assumption is correct, then the first thing to do is to just give yourself fully to God.

Like you, I come from a large family, and if you add in all of the nieces, nephews, cousins, etc., then it is in the dozens. Although most of them are still alive, I am basically dead to all of them in that they hate me, and have no fellowship with me whatsoever, simply because I am a Christian. I mention this solely to let you know that I understand something about being alone in this world myself. What I try to do is to focus on the reality that God is the potter, and I am the clay, and I trust that he knows what he is doing, even if things are way beyond my human comprehension at times. Just place your life in his hands. As scary as that may seem to be, it is the safest place of all to be.

Also, although, like you, I really have no natural family, I do, as do you, still have the family of God to cling to. In other words, you still have plenty of brothers and sisters in Christ here on this earth, so do not hesitate to reach out to us/them in your times of need.

Again, God bless you, and welcome.
Thank you for the nice greetings. You brought up that I’m a Christian but that I said I’m lost, you can be both and in different ways. Keith Green spoke and sang so heavily about so many in the church being asleep in the light. Sometimes we even close our eyes while still being in the light. Some of us even get lost from the herd, does that make us not part of the herd. When one gets lost from the herd they are still a part but they are in danger and can perish. It’s why the shepherd would leave the 99 to find the 1. So one can be a Christian and yet so lost.

I can tell you all the scriptures on death and loss and how it could be used and it can be. When you have lost everything, it’s different. Love is the most important thing in this world, it’s what grounds us and even what saved us. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son”, those words are the guiding proof of how important love is. Like you I have extended family I don’t really talk with, they are really only family in name but I wouldn’t even know them on a street. When you are brought up in love and our surrounded by it, you can so easily become crippled by its loss when it’s taken away. And when you wake up at 3 am and no one cares your awake because no one is there to give you a hug or yell at you to go back to bed, that’s when living the Job life makes you feel really lost.
Twice in my life I was prophesied over saying I would have the life of Job. Once my brother died and came back as he was given a choice to enter heaven or come back to save me from walking away from God. I had him for 8 more months until he was gone. Death will always be a part of life, but it’s love that helps you get through. When he takes it away, you can easily be a Christian and be lost in the light.

seekingthemindofChrist

Jul 10, 2023
Thank you for the nice greetings. You brought up that I’m a Christian but that I said I’m lost, you can be both and in different ways. Keith Green spoke and sang so heavily about so many in the church being asleep in the light. Sometimes we even close our eyes while still being in the light. Some of us even get lost from the herd, does that make us not part of the herd. When one gets lost from the herd they are still a part but they are in danger and can perish. It’s why the shepherd would leave the 99 to find the 1. So one can be a Christian and yet so lost.

I can tell you all the scriptures on death and loss and how it could be used and it can be. When you have lost everything, it’s different. Love is the most important thing in this world, it’s what grounds us and even what saved us. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son”, those words are the guiding proof of how important love is. Like you I have extended family I don’t really talk with, they are really only family in name but I wouldn’t even know them on a street. When you are brought up in love and our surrounded by it, you can so easily become crippled by its loss when it’s taken away. And when you wake up at 3 am and no one cares your awake because no one is there to give you a hug or yell at you to go back to bed, that’s when living the Job life makes you feel really lost.
Twice in my life I was prophesied over saying I would have the life of Job. Once my brother died and came back as he was given a choice to enter heaven or come back to save me from walking away from God. I had him for 8 more months until he was gone. Death will always be a part of life, but it’s love that helps you get through. When he takes it away, you can easily be a Christian and be lost in the light.
I only have a moment, so I will quickly say a thing or two.

Basically, you are preaching to the choir.

Like you, I am very familiar with Keith Green's song, and I have truly suffered the loss of just about every relationship in my life for Christ's and the gospel's sake, so I know, firsthand, how and what you are feeling.

I also understand that the one who loves much suffers much when the ones he loves are taken away from him.

So, how do I cope?

Simply by recognizing that God truly is the Potter, and I truly am the clay.

I was created for him, and I am determined to live my life for him, no matter the circumstances.

The only other viable option is to curl up in a fetal position, and I simply refuse to do that.

God's grace is sufficient.

For me, and for you.

Again, I do not say any of this as someone with no compassion for you or your situation, but rather as one who is just like you and in a very similar situation.

Hopefully, you understand.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Just always remember,
God is right there next to you.

Psalm 139:9-11,13,16-18 KJV
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

[10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

[11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

[13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

[16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

[17] How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

[18] If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

(My mother told me that God will send an Angel with you when you walk (alone) to school. With the eyes of the spirit, I saw that Angel, tall and strong, comforting.)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
And when you wake up at 3 am and no one cares your awake because no one is there to give you a hug or yell at you to go back to bed, that’s when living the Job life makes you feel really lost.
Still praying for you - if being 'lost and lonely' is one of our infirmities, hope
this is helpful and encouraging:

Grace Word for our infirmities!

Amen.

Mosie

May 30, 2022
Welcome!

Oct 2, 2023
Jesus said the He is with us always. You look around and the people you love are no longer there to comfort you, and being a success tells me that you are confident and strong, but remember, the word of God says where I am weak, I can depend on God to be my strength. Where I am "poor" in spirit, I can depend on God, my Heavenly Father, to be my riches. The more I rely on God to live through me, and for everything, the easier it is for me to live for Him.