Love Advice with Dr. Des

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Close! Post-Grunge. Paul McCoy from 12 Stones
Ah! Grunge. Hmmm, well, I did not always "get" the new fangled classifications of music lol

Though grunge did come across much less polished and quite dark with KC as the sort of figurehead ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Desdi,

I truly apologize for derailing your thread, but I feel this is really important to address.

UCA4J keeps insisting on making comments such as this:

do Asians have their own vernacular or is it the language of Ching Chong ?
😆 well, is the Chinese language that of Ching Chong?
That's what I call it.
Is a spade a spade ?
For me to be an ethnicity that I'm not, that would be racist
well ... do the Chinese speak Ching Chong ?
Is that what it is called ?
I actually want to know ...
When @Reborn and I both spoke up about how offensive it is to refer to Asian languages as "Ching Chong", he persists and then says things like this:

are Asians easily offended ?
Or they choose to be ?
Or want to be offended ...
but are asians like that ?
is that part of their culture or history, to be easily offended ?
UCA4J -- when people say things that YOU don't like personally and find "annoying" to your own person (such as being called Bono,) why is it that you expect them to stop?

oh I'm happy with questions .. just annoyed by some comparison .. especially when it keeps going ...
But yet when you say things that are offensive to others, you just keep right on going, then conclude that they must be "easily offended."

Why is it that you are somehow the exception to your own rule? Why do you get to say whatever you want about others, but if someone says something you find personally annoying, you expect it to stop? Conversely, why are YOU yourself so easily offended?

I'm catching on to the fact that you love to argue for the sake of arguing (reminds me of another former member here, lol), and as I said in another thread, I'm not trying to "win" or change your mind, because the way you think is between you and God.

But I would like to know why you seem to think that you can go on being offensive, and yet anything that annoys YOU should be stopped immediately.

I realize that you're just going to continue to be offensive, because you seem to thrive on that for the attention -- but why do you put up a big shield and insist on it being one-sided, with you being the only one allowed to fire any shots?

And, can we just get it out in the open here? What other racial groups do you enjoy slandering, or are you just laser-focused on Asians for some reason?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Desdi,

I truly apologize for derailing your thread, but I feel this is really important to address.

UCA4J keeps insisting on making comments such as this:

When @Reborn and I both spoke up about how offensive it is to refer to Asian languages as "Ching Chong", he persists and then says things like this:

UCA4J -- when people say things that YOU don't like personally and find "annoying" to your own person (such as being called Bono,) why is it that you expect them to stop?

But yet when you say things that are offensive to others, you just keep right on going, then conclude that they must be "easily offended."

Why is it that you are somehow the exception to your own rule? Why do you get to say whatever you want about others, but if someone says something you find personally annoying, you expect it to stop? Conversely, why are YOU yourself so easily offended?

I'm catching on to the fact that you love to argue for the sake of arguing (reminds me of another former member here, lol), and as I said in another thread, I'm not trying to "win" or change your mind, because the way you think is between you and God.

But I would like to know why you seem to think that you can go on being offensive, and yet anything that annoys YOU should be stopped immediately.

I realize that you're just going to continue to be offensive, because you seem to thrive on that for the attention -- but why do you put up a big shield and insist on it being one-sided, with you being the only one allowed to fire any shots?

And, can we just get it out in the open here? What other racial groups do you enjoy slandering, or are you just laser-focused on Asians for some reason?
Let's just answer "Yes" to this question:

so, have I got it all wrong ? 🤷
:giggle:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Sometimes it's best to put a member on 'ignore' (or report them. whatever applies to the siturwaytion)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sometimes it's best to put a member on 'ignore' (or report them. whatever applies to the siturwaytion)
I've already reported his most offensive posts and asked the mods to please consider what he is saying. I would hope they know me and know that I'm not someone who just pulls out the race card -- my usual reaction is to make jokes about it instead.

I won't put him on ignore because his comments have me thinking about what if I would have had kids of my own, and what would I have done if someone like this was saying these same things to them (as my nieces and nephews are unfortunately dealing with.)

I'm also interested in his thought process and behavior, because maybe it will help me learn something about how to better deal with people who think and act this way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I won't put him on ignore because his comments have me thinking about what if I would have had kids of my own, and what would I have done if someone like this was saying these same things to them (as my nieces and nephews are unfortunately dealing with.)
If that happened I would start selling tickets fast, because there is about to be a show! No way you'd let that pass without correcting the situation.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am not sure what's happening...

But I am just here feeling in love with ma Bebehoney 😍😍😍
Butterfly Baby an' me is gonna' do da Mango Tango tagedda!... Yahoooooo!!!:D:geek::love:

S

selfdissolving

Yes Hi Dr. Des. I have a question. It seems that every time I go outside, I’m immediately mobbed by attractive babes on every side. It’s starting to get out of hand. Sometimes I have to beat them back with a stick just to make it 2 feet down the sidewalk. I don’t know what to do anymore. Any advice?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Yes Hi Dr. Des. I have a question. It seems that every time I go outside, I’m immediately mobbed by attractive babes on every side. It’s starting to get out of hand. Sometimes I have to beat them back with a stick just to make it 2 feet down the sidewalk. I don’t know what to do anymore. Any advice?
You will never get very far in life until you stop beating da' chicks with your sticks. That's not what God made 'em for. Watch an' learn fum da' Oysta. :cool:

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Tell them you are a eunuch and hand them your twin brother's contact information.

I'm your twin brother by the way. Long time, no see!