The plain truth of the matter is that if the forces that oppose God that scripture tells us we are fighting can get the church to believe that those who love the Lord are above the written law, then those forces can work freely in our world. There is no law to stop them.
Some people arguing to get rid of law are simply being duped by satan, and some are knowingly working for satan, but putting a stop to law amounts to the same thing. Lawlessness so satan rules our world.
They aren't above the written law. Christ's Church is modeled after a church that preexisted the law.
That is why Paul says in Him there is no Jew or Gentile.
Because Christ is the High Priest of the CHurch built in the order of Melchizedek's church.
Mel was High Priest of Salem/peace.
Christ is High Priest and prince of peace.
Mel was high priest before any Jew was a twinkle in their daddy's eye.
Thus no Jew, No Aaron, No Moses, No Levi, errrr NO LAWS YET.
The law was written for a reason. That reason was fulfilled.
Psalm 110 says He will be a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.
I don't know about you, but I think the Bible's words have meanings. I don't particularly think Satan can EDIT GOD'S WORD for Himself.
I can NOT get rid of a law, if I'm in christ's Church. There is no law, as you reckon it. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. If you live by the law, you die by the law and Grace is useless. You deny Grace if you embrace the law.
--------
[TABLE="class: bibleTable, width: 614"]
[TR]
[TD]
Gal 5:6
[/TD]
[TD]For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Neither under the law (circumcision) nor NOT under the law (Uncircum...) matters, just that your faith has put you to work doing what GOd saved you to do.
-----------
[TABLE="class: bibleTable, width: 614"]
[TR]
[TD]
Gal 5:4
[/TD]
[TD]You have been severed from Christ, you who fnare seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
I don't think it needs much explaining here does it? Wanna see how passionate Paul got on the topic????
[TABLE="class: bibleTable, width: 614"]
[TR]
[TD]
Phl 3:2
[/TD]
[TD]Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the fnfalse circumcision;
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Paul is so furious over people preaching circumcision, I.E. the covenant of the Law, not Christ's Covenant, that he wrote he wished they would cut their junk off trying.
[TABLE="class: bibleTable, width: 614"]
[TR]
[TD]
Gal 5:12
[/TD]
[TD]I wish that those who are troubling you would even fnmutilate themselves.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
DOES THAT SOUND LIKE SOMEONE UNSURE OF HIS THEOLOGY?
So, if you are really worried about Satan ruining God's message, then, praytell, you do know what it says about changing it's words and message to suit your needs, right????
Seeing as you stand inopposition to Paul, and He was hand chosen from Christ, and came with witnesses and miracles to prove He was God's authority, I gotta ask, "You sweatin' yet"?