Love Language

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Perhaps having previously dated what we can politely term a 'gold-digger' really soured me on things like gifts...
But if even small stuff counts then I think I could handle it. Nothing is more annoying than being thoughtful and buying a rose on the way home only to have it received..."just one? why didnt you buy the whole dozen?...i thought you loved me?" Yeah it didnt last long

That actually happened to you? Yeah that's just being ungrateful.
 
That actually happened to you? Yeah that's just being ungrateful.

Yeah i was already irritable from a long day of work and exhausted and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just said "you know whatever ____ it" and left. She tried calling me not to apologize but to yell at me for leaving, at which point i told her she wasnt worth a dozen roses...I was younger and far more blunt/rude back then...
 
Perhaps having previously dated what we can politely term a 'gold-digger' really soured me on things like gifts...
But if even small stuff counts then I think I could handle it. Nothing is more annoying than being thoughtful and buying a rose on the way home only to have it received..."just one? why didnt you buy the whole dozen?...i thought you loved me?" Yeah it didnt last long

Wow...I can't imagine anyone ever being ungrateful enough to say something like that. You were lucky it didn't last.
 
My top three:

1) Physical touch
2) Words of affirmation
3) Quality time (though I think gifts could be mixed in there, because I love little surprises, even if they aren't big or extravagant)

I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to, but I can think of specific reasons of why each one of those are the top for me. For example, words of affirmation are important to me because I'm pretty hard on myself so someone else building me up is good, and quality time is important because when I was younger I didn't think I was worth the light of day so being shown that I am worth spending time with is important to me also. :)
 
Nautilus, not all ladies are like that; one was good enough for me. In my marriage though he knew I loved roses he wouldn't even give me one. That's not nice. Just one every once in awhile would have done more in my heart than he could have imagined. I pray the Lord send you a lady who loves and is thankful for your giving heart. Don't lose it because of one bad apple.
 
Nautilus, not all ladies are like that; one was good enough for me. In my marriage though he knew I loved roses he wouldn't even give me one. That's not nice. Just one every once in awhile would have done more in my heart than he could have imagined. I pray the Lord send you a lady who loves and is thankful for your giving heart. Don't lose it because of one bad apple.

To be honest I lost it a long time ago...worked through a lot of stuff...found it again.