Love thy Enemy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
How do you love those who practice evil deeds against you?
The best answer I have gotten is to pray for them.
This country pastor told me, "You can't like some people, but you can love them enough, to pray for them".

With this corruption and evil in this world, I find this still a valid question.
Here is my short prayer.
Dear Lord,
Let me love the ones who hate me. Lay your hedge of protection on me, be my lamp and shield, as I expose the corrupt who have hurt my family, other innocents and myself.
Amen

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
This country pastor told me, "You can't like some people, but you can love them enough, to pray for them".

With this corruption and evil in this world, I find this still a valid question.
Here is my short prayer.
Dear Lord,
Let me love the ones who hate me. Lay your hedge of protection on me, be my lamp and shield, as I expose the corrupt who have hurt my family, other innocents and myself.
Amen
What?? Don`t make me say I love these rotton message posters around here. Just don`t do it :mad:

Jun 10, 2019

Here is my short prayer.
Dear Lord,
Amen
Or dislike the game and not the player.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Here is my short prayer.
Dear Lord,
Amen
I find it much easier to genuinely love and extend sincere mercy when I realize what a mess I can be sometimes. None of us love and care like we are called to all the time, that is why we will always need the merciful blood of Christ to cover us, to present us blameless before God one day.

Hopefully, we are growing and walking more and more humbly with Him, as well as doing justly and loving mercy more and more often. However, if we are truly honest with ourselves, we all miss the mark in our thoughts, actions or lack thereof probably daily. Knowing we all need His love and mercy, empowers my desire to truly love others, to care about them, forgive them sincerely and yes pray for them. I am so thankful my Lord continues to love me in spite of my sometimes unholy ways.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
I think whay you said prayer, as one we never know who or when one will turn to Jesus and this is an awesome lesson on the topic. Hard yes, but the more we submit to His Spirit the easier it gets.

Matthew 18:23-35, " 23 “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.’ 27 And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe.’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’ 30 He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
However, if we are truly honest with ourselves, we all miss the mark in our thoughts, actions or lack thereof probably daily. Knowing we all need His love and mercy, empowers my desire to truly love others, to care about them, forgive them sincerely and yes pray for them. I am so thankful my Lord continues to love me in spite of my sometimes unholy ways.
Did you say "we all"?

Speak for yourself.

I haven't had a mean thought for at least 5 minutes.

It's my personal best.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
I think the more we submit to Him the more we will become like Him.

In the same manner, the more we rebell the less we will be like Him.

IMO it is a life long process, with stumbling, tripping and maybe even falling flat on our faces, but as long as we keep our focus on Him I beleive we will get up and walk His path, continually growing in His ways.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Or see it like they're very sick, just like I used to be very sick before Jesus finally broke through to me.
If they came to their senses, they'd hate what they're doing and be crushed in their heart with repentance.