Love was not the core of Jesus" message.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Love" Was Not The Core of Jesus' Message
Sadly, the average person thinks Jesus' main message was about love. While it is true that love figured prominently in His message, it was not the core of his proclamation and certainly wasn't what got Him crucified. Neither the Romans nor the Jewish authorities would have been particularly bothered by a Jewish prophet who ran around telling people to love God and love people.
In a nutshell, Jesus' message is summarized in Mark's description of His ministry. (Emphasis Added)
  • Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:14-15 NASB)
In fact, Jesus never stopped talking about the "kingdom of God", which phrase is used over 50 times in the four Gospels alone. Matthew, however, used it only four times, apparently preferring the synonymous "kingdom of heaven", which occurs 32 times in his book. This coming kingdom was not only at the heart of many of Jesus' parables (likened to a mustard seed, a pearl of great price, a banquet given by a king, etc), but He even said that the proclamation of the Kingdom was the reason He was sent to earth.
  • But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose." (Luke 4:43 NASB)
Unfortunately, most people, including most Christians, are absolutely in the dark about what the Scriptures mean by the phrase kingdom of God/Heaven.
Yes its the invisible kingdom, the new heavenly Jerusalem prepared as the bride of Christ .It does no come by observation even though the Pharisees with Sadducees claimed it did. It comes by Christ's three day labor of love as a work of His faith.

His law is love and his gospel is peace.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My wife has crowned me king of dish cleaning duty , does that count?
If you have also baptised these dishes with holy ghost and fire they can withstand anything.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God is Love....as it is written. If any do the Word of Jesus, he is acting out true love for he is doing his best to follow the Example of Jesus, Yeshua.

All of the Messiah's teaching amounts to actively loving all in the sight of God. This does not imply we approve of all.

If the Gospel does not amount to Love, what would any here present as its meaning?

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Sadly, the average person thinks Jesus' main message was about love. While it is true that love figured prominently in His message, it was not the core of his proclamation and certainly wasn't what got Him crucified. Neither the Romans nor the Jewish authorities would have been particularly bothered by a Jewish prophet who ran around telling people to love God and love people.
In a nutshell, Jesus' message is summarized in Mark's description of His ministry. (Emphasis Added)
  • Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:14-15 NASB)
In fact, Jesus never stopped talking about the "kingdom of God", which phrase is used over 50 times in the four Gospels alone. Matthew, however, used it only four times, apparently preferring the synonymous "kingdom of heaven", which occurs 32 times in his book. This coming kingdom was not only at the heart of many of Jesus' parables (likened to a mustard seed, a pearl of great price, a banquet given by a king, etc), but He even said that the proclamation of the Kingdom was the reason He was sent to earth.
  • But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose." (Luke 4:43 NASB)
Unfortunately, most people, including most Christians, are absolutely in the dark about what the Scriptures mean by the phrase kingdom of God/Heaven.

I reread this 3 times and realized you are RIGHT!!!!

The NT … Y-shua / Jesus is ALL ABOUT HE IS MESSIAH AND THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND!!!! All 66 Books are about Him and HE PREACHED TO THE WOLRD I'M HERE …. THE KINGDOM OF HEVEN IS AT HAND!!!!! He is Love, Mercy , Healing and everything else but HE IS THE KINGDOME OF HEAVEN.... NO MESSIAH.... NO KINGDOM OF HEAVEN!!!!!

THIS IS HONESTLY A GREAT POST THAT MAKES ONE THNK!!!!!

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018
I reread this 3 times and realized you are RIGHT!!!!

The NT … Y-shua / Jesus is ALL ABOUT HE IS MESSIAH AND THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND!!!! All 66 Books are about Him and HE PREACHED TO THE WOLRD I'M HERE …. THE KINGDOM OF HEVEN IS AT HAND!!!!! He is Love, Mercy , Healing and everything else but HE IS THE KINGDOME OF HEAVEN.... NO MESSIAH.... NO KINGDOM OF HEAVEN!!!!!

THIS IS HONESTLY A GREAT POST THAT MAKES ONE THNK!!!!!
At last someone who has the gift of discernment, most people do not read as is obvious from the comments.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I think salvation is the core and Love is the new first 3 new commandments the Lord first. others and yourself tie for second and third.