Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kellyshea

Mar 26, 2021
When someone from your past had hurt you countlessly but can’t seem to let them go?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
When someone from your past had hurt you countlessly but can’t seem to let them go?
You ask yourself why you're holding on so tight. And then you replace the lies with truth. And then you set whatever rules and protocols you need to to cut them out of your life (delete all the messages, block them, delete their number and e-mail and social media and everything, depending on the relationship and connection, asking God to remove them from your life may be appropriate as well). For at least as long as it takes for you to not be so emotionally dependent on this person that it makes you vulnerable and foolish. Then leave it in God's hands and trust that whatever you were looking to hurtful person for; if you legitimately need it God will provide it for you in a healthier way.

Sep 10, 2020
I have never had that problem, but I pray that your misery is subdued.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sounds like a trauma bond.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

Here is song for therapy, for people who need to let it go.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This person from your past will continue to hurt you in the future if you don't let go now. There are others here in the same situation so you are not alone in this regard. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
O.k., so I will share, since heart break stinks.

A person on CC told me this, when I was going through heartbreak......

"You need to find your value".

Think about it. You obviously think you know the value of your lost love, but your forgetting about yourself. Do you think that person that you love, cares how your feeling right now? Heck no! They could care less. They are busy doing their life, that is something you should be doing.

Why waste even a day thinking about it?

Mar 1, 2021
Jesus cares, remember Jesus said I will not leave you orphans, I will never leave you or forsake you.

Jesus loves you and saw you before the foundation of the world was ever created. He has a plan, Jesus renews, restores, but chastises His own. He removes people from our lives and brings together people we meet. He sits on the throne.

Every knee will bend, and every tongue will confess He is Lord. Amen.