Lucifer (TV series) - What is TV coming to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Can those in the US verify something for me, I have been researching into this TV series, and from what I am reading, the devil is being made out to be the good guy, is this for real? Is this how far society has deteriorated? Young people today are becoming more and more confused, they be lucky if they know on what feet the left and right shoes go on.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Oh yes I saw some of those episodes just to check it out, it's like they are trying to make Lucifer seem like a good guy and that he was what you would call a necessary evil and that God forced him to rule hell. It's all part of the making evil seem good and good seem evil mind warping after all the enemy has to prepare peoples minds to accept evil when it claims to be God doesn't he?

Dec 14, 2017
Can those in the US verify something for me, I have been researching into this TV series, and from what I am reading, the devil is being made out to be the good guy, is this for real? Is this how far society has deteriorated? Young people today are becoming more and more confused, they be lucky if they know on what feet the left and right shoes go on.

Of course it's for real. It is softening the concept of Satan so he appears to most people to be "just another guy!" How did you think so many on earth will end up taking the mark of the beast, or the number of his name, and worshiping "the beast?" We are living in times that are much later than people realize today!

Last edited:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
It's not what "TV is coming to.." It's where TV is going... literally to Hell....

My wife watches that show sometimes... I refuse to. I leave the room if it's on. I've told her my reasons for doing so, but it's up to her whether she watches, or not.

Sometimes the best way to lead is by example. I have noticed she is not watching it very often any more, however.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Of course it's for real. It is softening the concept of Satan so he appears to most people to be "just another guy!" How did you think so many on earth will end up taking the mark of the beast, or the number of his name, and worshiping "the beast?" We are living in times that are much later than people realize today!
Very good point made. So to put it another way, this tv show serves as a means to condition the public. With tv shows made like this, it is further proof of the times we are living in. The sad part is, many people today will just treat this show as just another tv show.

ChaosSeeker

Dec 19, 2017
That is just it though, it is a tv show, just a tv show. Yes it is a sign of the times however if the upbringers (the parents or guardians) teach that it's just a show and reality is not that then it will not misdirect the young. The show Lucifer made little sense to me, similar to Buffy and the spin off Angel (other tv shows that introduced other realms, demons etc)While entertaining not convincing in any form

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
There is a list of TV supernatural shows that come to mind promoting
magic and witchcraft as the new religion for today.
> Supernatural
> The Vampire Diaries
> Buffy The Vampire Killer
> Once Upon A Time
> Grimm
> Game Of Thrones
> Charmed
> The X Files
> Teen Wolf
> American Horror Story
> Angel [I vaguely remember an older TV series "Dark Angel?"]
> The Walking Dead
> Sleepy Hollow
> Merlin
> Scooby Doo
and many more...

Signs and wonders, miracles and healings through Jesus are never mentioned
nor made for TV since that show from way back: Highway To Heaven with
Michael Landon.
Imagine a highly popular mass audience TV series about Jesus preaching
righteousness, repentance and the kingdom of God.
With dramatic scenes where people are healed miraculously and raised up
and set free from their burdens.
And on Netflix!!

R

renewed_hope

This is one of those tv shows my better half has laid down the law and refuses to allow me or himself to watch, which is fine by me. I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch this show or any other like it. It doesn't make sense to me

ChaosSeeker

Dec 19, 2017
@renewed_hope It is an insult to the senses ;) That's why.
@Waggles Scooby Doo aw c"mon that's a classic cartoon :) Dark Angel sounds right, I'd google but i'm ready to fall asleep. X files I thought was more of expanding the imagination. Then there is Tales from the Darkside, Tales from the Crypt, and go as far back as Twilight Zone and predecessor ahhh not outer limits oyi I need to sleep. Hopefully we will chat tomorrow, pleasant day/evenings all

Dec 14, 2017
There tends to be a "virtual dismissal" of ANY "entertainment grade" programming that involves the supernatural, coming into peoples' domiciles, via cable TV, satellite TV, over-the-air TV, and Internet, because well-meaning people tell their children that "there is no such thing as the supernatural," so it's all fake ... kind of like Santa Clause and the Easter bunny!

Surprise! Your bible(s) have verses which ACKNOWLEDGE the existence of "magic arts" ... and those who PRACTICE THEM!

New International Version
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

The devil (and all his "angels") would LIKE everyone to openly dismiss the concept that magic arts are REAL. But obviously, God has a VERY DIFFERENT OPINION about that matter!

Bible Search: magic

Last edited:
D

Depleted

Yup, that's the deal. But then again, it's not like this hasn't been happening for quite some time and across the globe. TV has already taught a couple of generations that the proper course for dating is to wait for the third date before having sex. (Of course, if you have sex on the first date, good for you.) And then, toothbrushes are left in each other's bathrooms by the sixth date, then maybe exchanging keys, and then moving in together. Then have a baby or two before getting married, if you ever decide to get married.

And TV has taught us that omnisexual is the wave of the future. (Dr. Who.)

And that broody is the ideal trait. (Angel in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, even before he got his own series.)

And all scientists are atheists, unless they're Catholic, in which case, they're religious atheists. (Any CSI, NCIS, Bones, etc.)

And just as long as you as you have a really good reason, murder is okay. (CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bones, Hannibal, Dracula, Gotham, etc.)

And Christians are the freaks. (Criminal Minds, Gotham, Carrie... matter of fact, most of what Stephen King writes, etc.)

And everyone is evil, it's just a matter of degrees. (Gotham, Hannibal, Dracula, DC Comic series.)

We've been inundated for decades with this crap. Are you just noticing now? And, do you really think "luck" has anything to do with this?

D

Depleted

It's not what "TV is coming to.." It's where TV is going... literally to Hell....

My wife watches that show sometimes... I refuse to. I leave the room if it's on. I've told her my reasons for doing so, but it's up to her whether she watches, or not.

Sometimes the best way to lead is by example. I have noticed she is not watching it very often any more, however.
Ummm, it was a rerun on Sunday. Could be why she's not watching.

Hey, Sunday line up gets screwed up because of football, so hubby records NCIS: LA, so we don't have to waste time flicking through until it's on, and Lucifer is right before that. It's bad when I can tell it was a rerun from the last minute of the show, because I've seen that last minute before. lol

D

Depleted

Very good point made. So to put it another way, this tv show serves as a means to condition the public. With tv shows made like this, it is further proof of the times we are living in. The sad part is, many people today will just treat this show as just another tv show.
People are basically evil. (Gen. 6:5) So exactly why do we need to keep gathering proof for something the Lord said before the flood?

D

Depleted

That is just it though, it is a tv show, just a tv show. Yes it is a sign of the times however if the upbringers (the parents or guardians) teach that it's just a show and reality is not that then it will not misdirect the young. The show Lucifer made little sense to me, similar to Buffy and the spin off Angel (other tv shows that introduced other realms, demons etc)While entertaining not convincing in any form
And before Buffy there was Barnabas in Dark Shadows. TV hasn't changed. It's just more and more have been indoctrinated into believing this crap.

Too many are blaming Hollywood, when the blame should be put on those who never taught their kids the difference between fiction and reality. And now the parents can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't watch TV.. I don't even have cable..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Signs and wonders, miracles and healings through Jesus are never mentioned
nor made for TV since that show from way back: Highway To Heaven with
Michael Landon.
I just recently finished watching Pillars Of The Earth, which was a made-for-TV mini series (from 2010) that definitely does mention signs and wonders and miracles and healings through Christ our Lord.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Or we could just change the channel with the remote. Or at least mute the thing.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As a science fiction reader I'm sitting here amazed. Not amazed that TV has progressed this far, but amazed it has only just now reached this point.

I mean really, Isaac Asimov's "Azazel" short stories were DECADES ago! Sure they were ostensibly about an alien, but Asimov himself said he originally wrote them about a small demon. According to the first draft, his main character was propounding that demons were poor, misunderstood little magical beings that kept trying to help humans.

I also remember my english literature class, where one of the short stories in the class's book was titled "When Jesus failed me" a tale about a guy who went to a church and didn't feel anything.

Man, and TV is only just now getting up to speed? It has been many years since I have been bored enough to watch a recording of strangers pretending to do things, but I got the impression from other people that TV was much worse than it apparently is.

For the record, if TV is just now reaching this point, you should brace yourselves. Or maybe shut the box off for good. It still has a loooooooong way to go. It can get much worse than a show about lucifer.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017

And TV has taught us that omnisexual is the wave of the future. (Dr. Who.)

Are you referring to the reboot series of Dr Who? As ever since watching the reboot I have become more and more aware of the agendas this show is now pushing. Male Time Lord regenerates into a female? Yeah right, it fairly obvious what the message is.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I just recently finished watching Pillars Of The Earth, which was a made-for-TV mini series (from 2010) that definitely does mention signs and wonders and miracles and healings through Christ our Lord.
Just looked up The Pillars Of The Earth first a book then a TV series.
Don't think it compares with the simplicity and innocence of Michael Landon's
Highway To Heaven.

This Pillars of the Earth TV series comes across more like a Roman Catholic
version of Days Of Our Lives.