"Man Up": How "Christians" Are Abandoning Single Men

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
My other suggestion even though not solicited would be to get off the computer you are on and go out somewhere and start meeting some ladies. Go to a coffee shop and introduce yourself and have a conversation. If you start talking to them maybe you will end up with a date as it seems important to you to find someone... You won't find them sitting and complaining on your computer to us...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
LOL. The serendipitous movie cliche of encountering someone in the grocery store does not happen.

I am at work 64 hours a week, between 2 jobs. 3 out of 7 days of the week, a drive for 2 hours. 70 hours.

That's 41.66% of my average week devoted strictly to work, with nary a woman in site. Add another 5.5 hours a week for classroom sessions, dominated by GEN Z men ... (no, I WILL NOT engage in an age gap "relationship" like some PERVERT).

77.5 hours. No woman in site.

4 hours a week in the gym ... in an empty gym. 79.5 hours. Wow, we are at 47.35% right there! We haven't even included sleep! I don't get to sleep much, so that's 30.5 hours right there.

110 hours now. Wow. 65.47% of my week, no women in site. Hmmm.

I certainly don't fill up any of that remaining time studying, oh no! Pfft.

On Tuesday's, I like to go to to 10pm showings at the movies to rejuvenate after the end of a long week. Saw Halloween (2018) this past Tuesday. It sucked! I was also the only person in the theater ... I am always the only person in the theater.

You are absolutely WRONG.

Further, these men you list are not "gentlemen". A gentlement dates women he already knows; not some random stranger buying bananas or pumping gas ...
You must be partially blind then because when I go out I see men and women everywhere....

Oct 25, 2018
Ah, liberal-land. I would DEFINITELY move to somewhere else. Maybe not Tennessee if that's not your bag, but somewhere very thoroughly un-there.
Nope. Some business partners are wanting to relocate our venture to Texas ... but I've been there, done that. There is just too much risk involved with uprooting your life to start anew. No woman is worth the risk.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Folks have a problem when they blame everyone else for their problems.... We aren't responsible for your problems and they can be fixed you just need to stop blaming everyone and everything around you and look for solutions to fix them.

Oct 25, 2018
My other suggestion even though not solicited would be to get off the computer you are on and go out somewhere and start meeting some ladies. Go to a coffee shop and introduce yourself and have a conversation. If you start talking to them maybe you will end up with a date as it seems important to you to find someone... You won't find them sitting and complaining on your computer to us...
LOL. Go get coffee, which tastes like DIRT. Gee, and I guess I should go to bars too when I don't drink? Yeah that works well. Introduce myself ... to random women ... WHY???

WHY can't you people READ??? It's NOT important to me. I have made that PERFECTLY clear. I am tired of the resentment because i have no interest in it.

Do I need to print this on a billboard for you all to get it???

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Rick I find it hard to know how to talk to you. I keep running into contradictions.

On one hand part of your gripe seems legitimate. I'd say about 40% of it.

On the other hand the rest of your gripe seems to be a bad attitude you contracted from the legit gripe. It seems for all the world as though you have deliberately taken the legit part of your gripe and intentionally used it to make yourself bitter at the whole world in general and women and churches in particular.

On the other hand when I disagreed with you about what churches are like, you replied quite civilly to me. That took me by surprise. Really bitter guys usually just blast at people who disagree with them.

On the other hand I did see you blast, a LOT, at other people who disagreed with you. This thread alone has much derision and condescension from you.

I have to stop there because I ran out of hands. (I only have six, and the other two are holding a slice of chocolate truffle cheesecake and a turkey sandwich on sourdough bread with stoneground mustard.)

It is very obvious you are here with an axe to grind. You have been grinding it all over the forum. But I'm not sure how to talk to you because I never know if I might happen to disagree with you and get blasted, or get a civil answer again. Also it's not clear where the line is between the legit gripe and the bitterness.

Oct 25, 2018
Folks have a problem when they blame everyone else for their problems.... We aren't responsible for your problems and they can be fixed you just need to stop blaming everyone and everything around you and look for solutions to fix them.
Didn't blame you, did I smart mouth? Being single is not a problem. It is a VIRTUE. And a Biblical one!

The problem is the HOSTILITY against it ...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Then what is your complaint? Your aren't interested in meeting a woman to marry and you aren't meeting them problem solved you are right where you want to be....

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
We get the blame game in the first few chapters of Genesis where Adam blames Eve, Eve blames the snake and no one takes responsibility of their own actions.

You are responsible for your own happiness no one else is. You are the only one who can fix your problem. Of course it is wise to ask God to guide and help you. But Boomers aren't your problem you are your problem.

It's great you have two degrees and are working there are people who would love to have a job and you have two of them. You aren't interested in finding a woman and yet complaining about not being able to do so. So what's the real problem?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Didn't blame you, did I smart mouth? Being single is not a problem. It is a VIRTUE. And a Biblical one!

The problem is the HOSTILITY against it ...

Please be single and enjoy it. I was for 53 years of my 63 year life and enjoyed most of it... I don't care if you are single if you enjoy it then there is no problem with it. Are you being pressured to have grandkids?

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
LOL. Go get coffee, which tastes like DIRT. Gee, and I guess I should go to bars too when I don't drink? Yeah that works well. Introduce myself ... to random women ... WHY???

WHY can't you people READ??? It's NOT important to me. I have made that PERFECTLY clear. I am tired of the resentment because i have no interest in it.

Do I need to print this on a billboard for you all to get it???
I'm highly offended...

coffee is magical.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You must be new to the site as I haven't seen too many of your posts in the past - I'm really not all bad even though I am a boomer and you seem to not care for my generation which your father is probably part of.

Any who welcome to the site and enjoy as I usually pass out cookies.

1540685744561.png

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm highly offended...

coffee is magical.
Yes, it is magical !
You blaspheming heretics.

Dark chocolate is magical. Dark chocolate is king. Milk chocolate is the pretender to the throne. White "chocolate" is the court jester.

Coffee? That's the wicked witch who keeps trying to come up with plots. And she's really bitter about something...

R

RodB65

Dark chocolate is magical. Dark chocolate is king. Milk chocolate is the pretender to the throne. White "chocolate" is the court jester.

Coffee? That's the wicked witch who keeps trying to come up with plots. And she's really bitter about something...
What meaneth thou this?? :unsure:

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
anyone got any popcorn?
I hear you

I"m generally supportive of Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW) and I certainly won't shame other men for being single and/or choosing to not get married.

And those who know me well around here know my stance on gender relations.

Otherwise, I'm staying out of this one.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016

Booooo.

Coffee = magical
Dark chocolate = Knight
Dark chocolate with peanut butter = Prince
Dark chocolate with almonds = King

There are no heretics, court jesters, pretenders or witches in my kingdom. ;)