Many are called but few are chosen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2022
the watchrs

Yet by nature none understands Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Repentance comes with regeneration, the New Life, so one must have New Spiritually life to repent, otherwise man is naturally dead to God and doesnt seek, or understand the True God Rom 3:11

before you were a Follower of Christ and at the age to make that decision on your own, when you did wrong and your parents told you were wrong you knew you were wrong. you were unregenerate and still understood you were wrong concerning your parents rules. how could you understand if you were unregenerate?

do you understand how skewed and flawed your use of unregenerate is?

K

kaylagrl

I have never consulted mankind for the truths that are in the scriptures, and I am not starting now. The scriptures prove themselves, and are the only source that I depend upon, with the help of the revelation of the Holy Spirit within me. Post me a scripture that you think proves your belief, and I will respond.

No, because you will say "the Scripture doesn't say that". John Calvin held too close to Catholic belief, as did Martin Luther, certain points they couldn't turn loose of. People are not puppets. The Bible does not say God created a people to perish. He in fact said He wished that none would perish. That is a lie if He created people to perish. smh

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Post me a scripture that you think proves your belief, and I will respond.
John 3:16-17
World means world, and if you cannot comprehend that simplest of truths then you by no means have the Holy Spirit guiding you. And to say the Holy Spirit does guide you in your heresy that shuts out the Kingdom of Heaven against others is pure blasphemy.

Jun 28, 2022
I didn't think you were using that verse to define the potential population of God's Elect/Chosen.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

Jun 28, 2022
the watchrs

Yet by nature none understands Rom 3:11

Repentance comes with regeneration, the New Life, so one must have New Spiritually life to repent, otherwise man is naturally dead to God and doesnt seek, or understand the True God Rom 3:11

They're becoming more aggressive and taking personal jabs now,have you noticed?

Jun 28, 2022
1. NO ONE repents until they understand why they need to repent.
2. NO ONE understands why they need to repent until they understand what Jesus did for them.
3. NO ONE understands what Jesus did for them until they HEAR and BELIEVE..

Regeneration is Repentance. but you don't ever repent until you know why you want to repent. and you don't know why until you HEAR and BELIEVE what Jesus did for you is something you want and need..

your knowledge of the WORD is horrifically skewed!
When the natural man is unable to understand the teachings,things,of the spirit how would you imagine your enumerated list be accomplished by natural man? 📖

Jun 28, 2022
haha so you are calling the Theologians who agree with me doing the same thing?
The appeal to authority fallacy.

You're wrong. I'm talking about your Exegesis that is unable to realize and like scripture as consistent narrative relating the message of and within the Gospel.

You are the natural mind of the natural man. Which is why you Levy snide condemnations against those who do see The Word.

You example perfectly that scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:14 as you insist repeatedly you are able to overcome and augment Jesus teaching there.

The natural man cannot understand the things of the spirit because they are spiritually discerned.
Jesus' Gospel,as he said, was not meant to be understood by everyone so they would understand it and come to repentance. This,as he said ,is why he taught the Gospel in parables.

But you insist anyone is able to understand and be saved. Which is in direct contradiction of Jesus.

And he's the watcher of that.Word for word.
The appeal to authority fallacy...whose judgement and words last for eternity.

Jun 28, 2022
it would not be calling Christians anything of the such. it would however be saying the person or persons to create such a False Doctrine was led by something to do as such. and if they were not led by God to format such a False Idealism, who else would be leading them?
Only you know that answer.

You shall never talk the church into seeing it your way.

Jun 28, 2022
This is error friend, prior to regeneration, being made alive anew, we are dead to God, dead in sin ! A dead person cannot hear, accept or any such activity, activity is proof of life, dont forget that !
Amen.

''No one can come to Me
the Father who sent Me draws him [giving him the desire to come to Me]; and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.''

John 14:26But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
before you were a Follower of Christ and at the age to make that decision on your own, when you did wrong and your parents told you were wrong you knew you were wrong. you were unregenerate and still understood you were wrong concerning your parents rules. how could you understand if you were unregenerate?

do you understand how skewed and flawed your use of unregenerate is?
The unregenerate person's understanding of natural things is normal, but he cannot understand things that are spiritual, according to 1 Cor 2:14. Christ's doctrine has always been criticised for the 33 years that he preached it, and it seems to be increasing as time goes on.

The thing that I think is skewed and flawed, is the fact that most of God's, well intended, adopted children do not rightly divide the scriptures in trying to elevate man's ability to save themselves eternally, instead of giving God the praise and honour for saving them eternally.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
No, because you will say "the Scripture doesn't say that". John Calvin held too close to Catholic belief, as did Martin Luther, certain points they couldn't turn loose of. People are not puppets. The Bible does not say God created a people to perish. He in fact said He wished that none would perish. That is a lie if He created people to perish. smh
Far too many of God's born again children have been indoctrinated with the misinterpretation of scriptures, and when that happens it is very hard for them to change their minds.

I am guessing that you pulled the word "perish" from 2 Pet 3:9. Parish = death = separation.

2 Pet 1:1 tells us who Peter is directing this warning to, and it is to them that have obtained like precious faith. Peter even includes himself in this warning by using the word "USWARD". and calls them "beloved" in verse 9.

Peter's warning to them is that when they have been tempted, and yield to that temptation, that they should repent. When a child of God commits a sin, he perishes, separating himself from his fellowship with God, temporary, until he repents.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
So where are your scriptures?

Jun 28, 2022
Do you have a chapter and verse I could see on that?
No.
Not one.

But many.📖😊🕊️✝️💕

You might enjoy this condensed collection of scripture proofs. I hope so.
Definition: The glory of God is the invisible qualities, character, or attributes of God displayed in a visible (or knowable) way.

The Glory of God is Jesus Christ.🕊️💕 Holy Spirit God's invisible qualities alive in all creation and created made visible in the flesh of Immanuel, ''God with us''.

https://applygodsword.com/what-is-the-glory-of-god-according-to-the-bible/
“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” (2 Corinthians 4:4-6)

[] Colossians 1:15, “He is the image of the invisible God . . . .” John 1:14, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” Hebrews 1:3, “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature . . . .” John 14:7-9, “If you had known me, you would have known my Father also . . . Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.” John 14:13, “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” 1 John 4:9, “In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world . . . .” Jesus Christ, God himself (John 1:1), is the Word who became flesh (John 1:14), who came and made the invisible God visible (Colossians 1:15), who came to show us the exact imprint of God’s nature (Hebrews 1:3), who came to show us the Father in himself (John 14:7-14), who came that the love of God might be manifested (1 John 4:9) – Jesus did all of this because he came to glorify the Father (John 17:4).

More including a video: https://applygodsword.com/what-is-the-glory-of-god-according-to-the-bible/

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
No.
Not one.

But many.📖😊🕊️✝️💕

You might enjoy this condensed collection of scripture proofs. I hope so.
Definition: The glory of God is the invisible qualities, character, or attributes of God displayed in a visible (or knowable) way.

The Glory of God is Jesus Christ.🕊️💕 Holy Spirit God's invisible qualities alive in all creation and created made visible in the flesh of Immanuel, ''God with us''.

https://applygodsword.com/what-is-the-glory-of-god-according-to-the-bible/
“In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” (2 Corinthians 4:4-6)

[] Colossians 1:15, “He is the image of the invisible God . . . .” John 1:14, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” Hebrews 1:3, “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature . . . .” John 14:7-9, “If you had known me, you would have known my Father also . . . Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.” John 14:13, “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” 1 John 4:9, “In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world . . . .” Jesus Christ, God himself (John 1:1), is the Word who became flesh (John 1:14), who came and made the invisible God visible (Colossians 1:15), who came to show us the exact imprint of God’s nature (Hebrews 1:3), who came to show us the Father in himself (John 14:7-14), who came that the love of God might be manifested (1 John 4:9) – Jesus did all of this because he came to glorify the Father (John 17:4).

More including a video: https://applygodsword.com/what-is-the-glory-of-god-according-to-the-bible/
No sir, the glory of God is in the act of the all-mighty Creator of the Universe humbling Himself as a lowly man, and loving the entire World so much that he went to the cross, in shame, died, and rose again, so that we might have abundant life and fellowship with Him for ever. Love...God is Love. Self-sacrificial Love, a love that loves even one's enemies. The Calvinist teachings, on the other hand, falsely portray God as being a selfish being; a man-made concept of the character of God, and a distorted concept of glory, very similar to Allah.
Romans 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Jun 28, 2022
So where are your scriptures?
Romans 9:
6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, 7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” 8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. 9 For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” 10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— 12 she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion,[b] but on God, who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? ....

Proverbs 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Jun 28, 2022
No sir, the glory of God is in the act of the all-mighty Creator of the Universe humbling Himself as a lowly man, and loving the entire World so much that he went to the cross, in shame, died, and rose again, so that we might have abundant life and fellowship with Him for ever. Love...God is Love. Self-sacrificial Love, a love that loves even one's enemies. The Calvinist teachings, on the other hand, falsely portray God as being a selfish being; a man-made concept of the character of God, and a distorted concept of glory, very similar to Allah.
Romans 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Enjoy your stay. 😊🕊️

Status
Not open for further replies.