Many are called but few are chosen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2022
Consider the verse below.

Romans 11:22
See then the kindness and severity of God: to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; for otherwise you too will be cut off.

Israel was severed from the tree of life, grafted out, hardened to the truth.

The Gentiles were grafted into the tree of life but the Gentiles can also be severed, grafted out again.

I fail to see, that the Gentiles have been predestined to salvation by God's sovereign will. When the Gentiles can fall back into unbelief the same as the Jews.

I believe that Paul's warning in Romans 11 is a very clear warning.

if you continue in His kindness; for otherwise you too will be cut off.
You fail to see this isn't about identity in flesh. Jew,Gentile.

It's about the inate Holy Sacred Spirit, Power, Soul, that is in all creation and created.

Made in the image and likeness of God, breathed to life as a living soul by the breath of that inate Holy Sacred Spirit, Power, Soul, we call God.

Eternal Majesty is not a Jew. Or a Christian.

He calls all his Chosen Elect people his Spirit enters, and leads us into himself. Because God is also not a man, that God should lie.

Jun 20, 2022
The enemy thinks our numbers mean we who are in Christ are wrong.
13 stood against Orthodox Judaism and Rome.

Over 1 billion stand in the light of the cross in a world of more than 70 billion. And while not all those 1 billion are on the righteous road it still speaks to the truth of this world and The Word.

Many are called.
Few are the chosen.

The other mistake the enemy makes is thinking because others don't speak up, they must not be here.
While it is the Net and anonymity insured falsity is possible behind individual pseudonyms. The many could be one. Or two.

The other mistake, 518 thousand times, is that which thinks God's surname is Calvin. 😳🤣
if it's a numbers game let's play!

trinity = majority
oneness = minority

Persons = majority
manifestations = minority

continuation = majority
cessation = minority

Jews will be Saved = majority
Jews are replaced = minority

non Calvinism = majority
Calvinism = minority

it's rather obvious the majority has always been on the RIGHT SIDE of the discussion!

Jun 28, 2022
Consider the verse below.

Romans 11:22
See then the kindness and severity of God: to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; for otherwise you too will be cut off.

Israel was severed from the tree of life, grafted out, hardened to the truth.

The Gentiles were grafted into the tree of life but the Gentiles can also be severed, grafted out again.

I fail to see, that the Gentiles have been predestined to salvation by God's sovereign will. When the Gentiles can fall back into unbelief the same as the Jews.

I believe that Paul's warning in Romans 11 is a very clear warning.

if you continue in His kindness; for otherwise you too will be cut off.
You espouse
Replacement Theology?

Jun 28, 2022
If I am barking up the wrong tree, let me know. Abraham was the father of many nations through his son Isaac. These many nations are not indicative of all nations of the world, but of all nations of the elect, who are the "many called". All of the elect are his sheep, and can hear his voice, but only "the few" that are chosen have been revealed the knowledge of Christ's finished work on the cross.
I'll have you decide.

“Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that which is only of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.” Romans 4:16

Jun 20, 2022
Are you ignoring Psalms 53:2-3?
this is an obvious reference to Genesis 6 and we know it involves Fallen Angels and human women creating demonic nephilim.

Genesis 6:
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Jude :
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

so even YOU are twisting Scripture out of context!

Would you be so kind, as to give me the scripture where Peter explains this?
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I'll have you decide.

“Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that which is only of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.” Romans 4:16
The all in Romans 4:16 is all of the elect.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
this is an obvious reference to Genesis 6 and we know it involves Fallen Angels and human women creating demonic nephilim.

Genesis 6:
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Jude :
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

so even YOU are twisting Scripture out of context!

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1 Peter does not have reference to all mankind, but to his elect. There is no indication that all mankind can hear and believe.

Jun 20, 2022
Jun 28, 2022
1 Peter does not have reference to all mankind, but to his elect. There is no indication that all mankind can hear and believe.
Just the opposite in fact,yes.

They abrogate the scriptures to mock God's actual word.
Do you not see their very clear purpose?

They insist on that which is averse to God's word is true.
They're not misled or ignorant. They are purposed.

They're not actually thinking they'll answer to God for that.

Shepherd

May 11, 2022

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I know.
So what is your concern?
You word your comments in such a way that is is hard for an 87 year old man to follow your reasoning. If you could just come to the point, instead of circling around and around it, I might could follow you better.

For example; I was fishing for an answer as to whether you believed that the elect are so many, that they can not be numbered, and you dance all around it without actually answering it. Sorry, but to me, your answers are confusing.

Jun 28, 2022
You word your comments in such a way that is is hard for an 87 year old man to follow your reasoning. If you could just come to the point, instead of circling around and around it, I might could follow you better.

For example; I was fishing for an answer as to whether you believed that the elect are so many, that they can not be numbered, and you dance all around it without actually answering it. Sorry, but to me, your answers are confusing.
Not confusing. We know the names of God's Elect-Chosen are written in The Lambs Book of Life. Written before the creation of the world.

Ergo, those can only be the 'all' referred to in those Abrahamic passages.
Substitute Elect for all. It helps.

Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to the Elect, Abraham’s offspring — not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us the Elect.(Romans 4:16)

Context. Scriptural harmony.😊📖💕🙏✝️

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
The verse "many are called but few are chosen" has clarity within itself and that it uses the word "called" . But the parable above it and of which it is the conclusion explains it clearly: and invited guests to the wedding and they chose not to come. They were being invited and they refused of their own will. I'll see how can it can be any clearer than that but some people just choose not to believe it. The ones who were invited and chosen, obey the master and came with wedding garments. Was cast out because he chose not to wear one. Being chosen by God is to "come to the wedding" God's way, and God's way is to obey the "calling" or invitation to the wedding by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ to save us from sin, self, and Hell. Oh yes, and brother you are right. God does know the beginning from the ending. He is the Alpha and Omega and He 'inhabiteth eternity" which is all of time at the same time. He knows who will be saved. Yet he wants us to choose to come to the Wedding which He has invited ALL to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.