Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah I know but he has had sex with her in the past. Maybe that's what he was giving her money for.

Feb 2, 2018
Yeah I just feel like I'm not good enough. I'm only 25 years old. All I do is work, I don't even go out with friends. I have been faithful to him from day one.

R

renewed_hope

Yeah I know but he has had sex with her in the past. Maybe that's what he was giving her money for.
Maybe? You don't know the facts, but rather what is playing around in your head and that is a very dangerous and unfair game. It doesn't matter what your husband did, it's not fair to him to base it on something that happened in the past and that you don't know the truth as to what happened. I'm done trying to get you to understand the difference between the truth and "opinion" because it is very different.

I hope you get some help and understand about God because I don't think you do because he is all about forgiveness and basing things on the truth. I will pray for your husband because Lord willing he needs it and he opens up to someone

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for your input. I know the difference between opinion and fact. Be blessed.

Dec 16, 2012
Yeah I just feel like I'm not good enough. I'm only 25 years old. All I do is work, I don't even go out with friends. I have been faithful to him from day one.

It just fails comprehension how after you've told us that 1) all you do is work hard to support the relationship 2) he's stolen money 3) he's been unfaithful in another respect - that you're willing to stay with him.

Clearly, self esteem is a problem here. If you were sure of yourself, you absolutely would not tolerate this mistreatment and would know profoundly within yourself that any partner would be blessed to have such a committed, hard working mate.

I would encourage you to rethink the sort of life you'd like to have and the sort of relationship standards you facilitate. Not to be used and abused, but to be treated with dignity and respect from a partner who contributes just as much as you do financially, emotionally and in the commitment overall.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wonder what he will give her for Valentine's Day. Probably the standard flowers, chocolates, and a nice card from Hallmark. That's what I do but then I'm completely faithful to my wife who I love with all of my heart. She feels the same towards me. I will say a prayer for this heartbreaking situation that you're in.

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for all the feedback. There is no point in venting. I just have to do what's best for me.

D

Depleted

I just want to know if he had sexual intercourse and/or any kind of sexual contact with her. I have never known of a man giving another woman money without getting anything in return.
My husband has.

I have.

We're supposed to give.

Feb 2, 2018
Okay thanks. I just don't think it is right to give someone money without spouse knowing. That seems to be too sneaky to me.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I just want to know if he had sexual intercourse and/or any kind of sexual contact with her. I have never known of a man giving another woman money without getting anything in return.
If she's an old girlfriend, its not unthinkable that he would give or loan her some money if she needed or asked for it. Everything else is just conjecture on your part. Maybe he didn't tell you because he knew you would get paranoid or jealous over nothing. If both he and her denied anything sexual, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I'd keep an eye on it, its okay to be suspicious, but it shouldn't surprise you that people often help friends out without expecting anything in return... jmo

Sep 3, 2016
*I just recently got married 5 months ago and I found out my husband has been talking to another woman and giving her money on the side for months. This lady texted me through Facebook messenger and when I confronted him about it, he lied about the whole thing. She even sent me screenshots of all the transactions and other naughty messages that were sent to her. He even said that they were all photoshopped, which I don't believe at all. As a Christian, I don't believe in getting a divorce. It's just hard to be with someone that has been hiding things behind your back while you're doing everything to be a great spouse. All trust is lost at this point. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to my situation??

The problem is sin. Unless the heart of man is changed by God the Christian will only date Jesus and be married to the world. We must enter into sanctification where the deeds of the flesh is mortified by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:2). The sin nature is active in most Christian lives. If a Christian Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary, i.e., The Finished Work at Calvary Cross, i.e., The Blood of Jesus; the works of the flesh will manifest. If you don't understand or continue not to place your Faith in Christ (Gal. 2:20-21) - how to live for God, the sin nature becomes active and the Believer now enters into bondage (oppressed by Satan - force to do things against their will.)

Feb 7, 2018
I have been cheated on. For me it was too much to deal with. I've never been married. I have always told myself if i were married i would forgive the first time but not the second time. I think if we accept cheating it will never stop. Oddly enough, I believe the bible says if we are abused or cheated on we can get a divorce.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I have been cheated on. For me it was too much to deal with. I've never been married. I have always told myself if i were married i would forgive the first time but not the second time. I think if we accept cheating it will never stop. Oddly enough, I believe the bible says if we are abused or cheated on we can get a divorce.
The bible says adultery and abandonment are reasons for divorce.

Ruthwashere

Jan 26, 2018
Just checking in with you to see if you've spoken to your pastor's wife. I'm praying you will receive wise counsel and take all of these things to the LORD in PRAYER! Yes, there appears to be lots of red flags for a divorce, but be sure that it is want you want and not be guided by your "feelings in the moment." I'm praying you have trusted friends (face-to-face) prayer partners to offer sound biblical truths and then listen to the Holy Spirit's leading. Divorce is an option (if all the facts point to infidelity). It is a very hurtful situation and it does take two willing hearts to sustain the covenant of marriage. Praying for you!

Feb 2, 2018
I don't trust a lot of people. My church is so small and I don't want my business to be out there like that. The only reason I am here is because no one knows me. I think our marriage is over. We have only been married for 6 months.

Feb 7, 2018
Sorry you are having so much trouble so soon.