Matt 11:29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Matt 11:29-30
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

This yoke is voluntary.
This yolk is a yoke of submission to the Lordship of Jesus Messiah.
This is a yoke of discipleship. We are to learn from Him as Master.
This is a yoke of service. We are not to sit idly by but we are to bear fruit with gladness of heart.
This yolk brings rest for the soul, for this service is a delight knowing that you serve the True Lord and Savior.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

TAKING UP This yoke is voluntary.
This is a yoke of service. We are not to sit idly by but we are to bear fruit with gladness of heart.
This yolk brings rest for the soul, for this service is a delight knowing that you serve the True Lord and Savior.
There, fixed it for ya1
:)

notuptome

May 17, 2013

This yoke is voluntary.
We exchange the yoke of sin and despair for the yoke of freedom in Christ. Yet men find it difficult to submit to liberty in Christ in exchange for the bondage of sin.
There, fixed it for ya1
:)
The yoke of Christ is included in the redemption of our soul. Salvation must be accepted into a willing heart. Exchanging the yoke of sin for a yoke of eternal life.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

This yoke is voluntary.
Someone egged your post. ;)

It's worthwhile to consider what Jesus says immediately prior to this statement: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy laden". Jesus' yoke is lighter than what they were currently bearing. That context is important to correct interpretion.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

It's worthwhile to consider what Jesus says immediately prior to this statement: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy laden". Jesus' yoke is lighter than what they were currently bearing. That context is important to correct interpretion.
Totally agree. The yoke of bondage to the law and spiritually inept/corrupt leadership.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

LOL. How embarrassing. Blame this Smart TV. Typing with the microphone has mixed results and editing is necessary and I don't catch them all.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
LOL. How embarrassing. Blame this Smart TV. Typing with the microphone has mixed results and editing is necessary and I don't catch them all.
In such cases, I blame the autocorrect function, aka Otto the Incorrect.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
8 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Thanks for reminding us of this scripture cv5.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
I did not even know people are on here talking their messages. Am I the only one still typing on a computer?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I did not even know people are on here talking their messages. Am I the only one still typing on a computer?
I prefer to type believe me.....

Apr 15, 2017

This yoke is voluntary.
Being yoked to Christ to handle what we cannot handle like an older ox that gets yoked to a young ox and plows with it until the young ox can do it on it's own.

Being yoked to Jesus is an easier lifestyle with less worries than being on our own.

Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon,

or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

When you receive the Spirit then you are yoked to Jesus and this is the rest and the refreshing, and a spiritual sabbath, but some would not hear.

Jan 12, 2019

This yoke is voluntary.
Its linked to the New Covenant that was promised to Israel in Hebrews 8:8.

The Law was a heavy yoke on them, but if they are willing to, as a nation, accept Christ as their Messiah, a new covenant will be inaugurated with Israel and God, where the Law will be written into their hearts, and they will automatically be able to keep it.

That is when the yoke will become easy.

Mar 23, 2016
Matthew 11:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is]easy, and my burden is light.

I believe the reason His yoke is easy and His burden light is because He helps us with our burdens. He shares our load ... not that He gives us more burdens ... although as we are freed from the bondage of sin, we are more capable in serving Him.

I also love the verse right before these 3 verses:

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Wanna know the Father? ask the Son to reveal Father ...