Matthew 24:14 vs Colossians 1:5-6

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You know it is untrue via my reply, thus I will not even consider this a legit reply. God will requite it of you for this untruth.
Shall I trust what scripture actually says, or your reply?

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Shall I trust what scripture actually says, or your reply?
You are wrong, you have been warned, keep preaching untruth and God will duly judge your effort on judgment day

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You are wrong, you have been warned, keep preaching untruth and God will duly judge your effort on judgment day
While I don't necessarily agree with John146's view on this matter, I find your comment thoroughly unhelpful. It isn't discussion; instead, it's a dogmatic, judgmental, closed-minded dismissal of someone with whose view you disagree.

Maybe you prefer to be treated as such when (not if) your view is wrong... but I doubt it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Precious friend, since this thread is about the gospel to "the world" or not, I will not
derail it with an answer about TWO gospels, but you can view them here, ok?:

God's Approval/TWO Different Gospels
Additional Helpful Scriptural Evidence For TWO Gospels!
since it’s a biblical discussion forum shouldn’t we stick with the Bible rather than alternate teachings that aren’t in the Bible ?

Why is there two gospels when Jew and gentile are made on body and partakers of the same promise by the one gospel ?

“That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:6-7‬ ‭

it wasn’t a new idea Paul showed us there of gentile and Jew being made partakers of the same promises of the same gospel, it was being revealed for us. Jesus had already said it

“And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
While I don't necessarily agree with John146's view on this matter, I find your comment thoroughly unhelpful. It isn't discussion; instead, it's a dogmatic, judgmental, closed-minded dismissal of someone with whose view you disagree.

Maybe you prefer to be treated as such when (not if) your view is wrong... but I doubt it.
Those that are shown to be teaching untruths must understand the holy word of God, if you claim something is of the Holy Spirit and it's not Jesus' own words say that is an unforgivable sin if you know it to be untrue, do you not understand that? It is one thing to be in error and to even not understand that error your whole life, but when you are shown 100 percent to be in error, and you would have to be blind not to see it, and continue repeating that untruth to other men, you will be judged on that, don't kid yourself or him. Now, this may not be the unpardonable sin Jesus told the Pharisees about, but it's so close that I wouldn't continue repeating anything when I know better. It's simply called pride, we can't admit we are wrong, but in essence, we are all wrong many times, gat why God has to purge us over and over.

BUT...Every man, even Christians will be JUDGED on their earthly talents, Jesus told us that in a parable, so some will indeed get larger mansions than others, etc., etc. so, we will all be Judged on what we do, that is 100 percent fact sir. Should I lie to him and tell him he will not be judged? The Church will be the very first to be judged, you know that, but for some reason, it's not cool, well, cool ain't me then, I am always going to bring the facts. Let someone see be Mr cool. I will do what God says do as per calling out people bringing these untruths, Paul chastised many of his followers and other men who followed his disciples for peddling untruths, God is no respecter of men. If I see men in error and don't call it out their sins will be on my head, Ezekiel 3:18. Call it what you will brother, this is the very last days, to teach preterism is just not acceptable, PERIOD.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Those that are shown to be teaching untruths must understand the holy word of God, if you claim something is of the Holy Spirit and it's not Jesus' own words say that is an unforgivable sin if you know it to be untrue, do you not understand that? It is one thing to be in error and to even not understand that error your whole life, but when you are shown 100 percent to be in error, and you would have to be blind not to see it, and continue repeating that untruth to other men, you will be judged on that, don't kid yourself or him. Now, this may not be the unpardonable sin Jesus told the Pharisees about, but it's so close that I wouldn't continue repeating anything when I know better. It's simply called pride, we can't admit we are wrong, but in essence, we are all wrong many times, gat why God has to purge us over and over.
Wow... you don't seem to get the concept of "discussion". Bashing people with a Bible isn't going to help them learn, and it is more likely to cause them to put you on Inore. After all... there is God's truth, and there is your understanding of God's truth. Don't confuse the two.

The unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which is not what John146 is doing. Maybe I should rebuke you for teaching untruths?

BUT...Every man, even Christians will be JUDGED on their earthly talents, Jesus told us that in a parable, so some will indeed get larger mansions than others, etc., etc. so, we will all be Judged on what we do, that is 100 percent fact sir. Should I lie to him and tell him he will not be judged? The Church will be the very first to be judged, you know that, but for some reason, it's not cool, well, cool ain't me then, I am always going to bring the facts. Let someone see be Mr cool. I will do what God says do as per calling out people bringing these untruths, Paul chastised many of his followers and other men who followed his disciples for peddling untruths, God is no respecter of men. If I see men in error and don't call it out their sins will be on my head, Ezekiel 3:18. Call it what you will brother, this is the very last days, to teach preterism is just not acceptable, PERIOD.
John146 knows very well that he will be judged; you have no need to tell him that. Your martyr attitude isn't helping either.

As for preterism, maybe before you blast it, demonstrate first that you understand it. If you are a Bible-believing Christian, you are a preterist. Sort that one out in your head before you respond to me.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Wow... you don't seem to get the concept of "discussion". Bashing people with a Bible isn't going to help them learn, and it is more likely to cause them to put you on Inore. After all... there is God's truth, and there is your understanding of God's truth. Don't confuse the two.

The unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which is not what John146 is doing. Maybe I should rebuke you for teaching untruths?
No, you don't get the concept of truth and untruth, I am not here or do not discuss anything to PLAY GAMES. We are called to PKAY GAMES, I will let you guys do that. When people teach stuff as of God when it is nit it has to be called out as a Christian duty, Jesus called it out Paul called it out but you will not, I don't get that tbh. We are called to e Christ-like. You can't let these kinds of teachings slide, they aren't even anywhere close to being of God, we know who they are from, the Master of manipulation.

And when you say this is of the Holy Spirit you are indeed blasphemy the Holy Spirit of you know it is an UNTRUTH. This is why the Holy Spirit killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying. The reason I stated it may not be is that there is a small chance he is just confused, which is why I spell it out where there can be no confusion, but I guess some people may indeed just not get it. But I also think people like Joel Richardson are just out to make money off of UNTRUTHS. Everyone will be judged, if you let untruths go by do you really think God isn't going to ask why? Our job one is to give good doctrine and to dispel unsensible doctrine that is outlandish.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No, you don't get the concept of truth and untruth, I am not here or do not discuss anything to PLAY GAMES. We are called to PKAY GAMES, I will let you guys do that. When people teach stuff as of God when it is nit it has to be called out as a Christian duty, Jesus called it out Paul called it out but you will not, I don't get that tbh. We are called to e Christ-like. You can't let these kinds of teachings slide, they aren't even anywhere close to being of God, we know who they are from, the Master of manipulation.

And when you say this is of the Holy Spirit you are indeed blasphemy the Holy Spirit of you know it is an UNTRUTH. This is why the Holy Spirit killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying. The reason I stated it may not be is that there is a small chance he is just confused, which is why I spell it out where there can be no confusion, but I guess some people may indeed just not get it. But I also think people like Joel Richardson are just out to make money off of UNTRUTHS. Everyone will be judged, if you let untruths go by do you really think God isn't going to ask why? Our job one is to give good doctrine and to dispel unsensible doctrine that is outlandish.
I've known atheists who bear better fruit than you. Have a nice day.