May we never take His Labor in vain

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'd hoped to be more succinct and less preachy but I failed miserably, lol. Sorry, this is too long. I will put it in the blog section. I am just working through this, thinking out loud.

Oh nooo, not more of the same… Another post talking about... can we ever achieve sinless perfection, like the One we follow, the son of man and the Only begotten son of God; He faced every kind of temptation but never sinned that He may fulfill the law and sacrifice Himself as a blameless lamb of God.

Hmmmmmm….

Over and over, in the word we are given instructions on how to behave, how to walk.

Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.
Philippians 2:14‭-‬18 ESV

And…

And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9‭-‬11 ESV

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
James 1:4 ESV

We also know from Jeremiah…

I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.
Jeremiah 32:40‭-‬41 ESV

So does this mean we can have hope to stumble no more?

Well, we sure as heaven want to reach for Him and His ways, in all that we do, think, and say. We have examples such as how God transformed the inner man of Paul.

I believe that none of us will ever reach the point of Jesus, not in this flesh, that He will alway be Our greatest spiritual Mentor, our King, our Hope, our Grace for being presented blameless one incredibly perfect day, but He is quite clear that He desires that
we allow His work in us to guide us, to correct us, to transform us. We need to examine ourselves, even with an internal microscope, with fear and trembling, so we do not take His labor in vain.

Anyway…

We don't have to chew our nails, walking around in shame everytime we stumble, that serves no one, and often causes more sin. Believe me, I have personally found this to be sooooo true. Nor are we to assume we can be careless in our day to day lives, no He tells us that yes, He is our Amazing Grace, but He also says that His Grace abounds that we may be sufficient in every way, at all times. He tells us, though, to forgive one another as He forgave us, showing that He knows who He is dealing with...Flesh, prone to error.

So yes, examine ourselves, see if our ways are lining up with the will of God, but then after we sincerely and deeply repent, turning away from that which opposes Him, we surrender everything to Him, knowing He is able to get us where we need to be. If doing so or if we endure consequences of not doing so causes suffering, we can be so thankful that we get to share in the cup of His suffering. He tells us that we are to believe and to suffer for the cause of Christ, our calling.

So which is it?

Can we achieve sinless perfection in this flesh. I believe Paul's thorn kept Him from pride that would rise up if that wasn't there...or the case with Job? We are told He was blameless at the beginning of His story, but we also see how God humbled him. He does not approve self righteousness or pride. Eeks, remember that Charli.

I for one believe, we should strive to grow, to be in communion with our inner teacher, we definitely should be transforming to the will of God, more and more.

Romans 12
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

He tells us where we should be, that He is able and with Him all things are possible.

This is so wonderful, it causes me to rest, leaning on His Grace and ability to get me where He calls us to be.

Thank God, we always have work to do in these tents, and thank God, He is able and His Grace abounds, and thank God, He loves us enough to help us reach for His holiness, when we walk in His Spirit.

No greater goal, than to seek earnestly to walk in the spirit, which brings....

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22‭-‬23 ESV

Praise His Holy Name!!!!

I for one have things, emphasize on the plural, lol, that He is dealing with, and for His purposes, I sure as Heaven yearn to follow Him more than my flesh.

So Jesus I boldly confess...I need your perfection to help me, to rise up in me, to stir me, and yes to pardon me, as I know that You know who you are dealing with and I am so grateful for Your patience and Your Holiness. I never want to take You or Your work for granted. You are our marker and I am so grateful. Help us that we may grow to serve You, to be a useful vessel for You in all ways, rather than the flesh or our wicked ways.

To You my Lord be all the Glory and Praise...Amen.