Medieval Times, Part 1-- What Does a Modern-Day Knight in Shining Armor Look Like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Hmm...I would imagine two things:

- Some flashy guy in a shining disco suit and shiny silver/diamond bling with a toy sword in his hand fighting/whacking an inflatable dragon at some kid theme park to 'save' his anime waifu body pillow, while yelling out various Naruto quotes over and over. (Idk either...)

- A guy who literally is a knight in shining armor...in an online MMORPG game. With ridiculously overpowered weapons.

Last edited:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
No clue, but I'm willing to be they get along fairly well.
Now I have to urge to google alpacas. I have no idea what they are for, or how much land they need. I'll probably spend next 20 minutes on that. I'm a slave to google.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Hmm...I would imagine two things:

- Some flashy guy in a shining disco suit and shiny silver/diamond bling with a toy sword in his hand fighting/whacking an inflatable dragon at some kid theme park to 'save' his anime waifu body pillow, which is tied to some chair. (Idk either...)

- A guy who literally is a knight in shining armor...in an online MMORPG game. With ridiculously overpowered weapons.
Don't take offense to this, but I have no idea what these things you speak of are.

Is someone killing an inflatable dragon, or pillow?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
They are the cutest ugly things ever. I wanna hug one.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Now I have to urge to google alpacas. I have no idea what they are for, or how much land they need. I'll probably spend next 20 minutes on that. I'm a slave to google.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
They are the cutest ugly things ever. I wanna hug one.
Yes they are.
250px-Unshorn_alpaca_grazing.jpg

They are from South America, they are used for wool, can be kept 10 per an acre, range in price from $50 to $10k. And they spit.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Yes they are.
View attachment 177518

They are from South America, they are used for wool, can be kept 10 per an acre, range in price from $50 to $10k. And they spit.
You can teach them to spit on people you don't like.... it'll be fun...they'll never know your adorable little pet was part of your evil plan.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
You can teach them to spit on people you don't like.... it'll be fun...they'll never know your adorable little pet was part of your evil plan.
I have a whole list of people that need some spitting upon.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Apparently, alpacas will get along with cows, but alpacas are susceptible to parasites found in cow dung.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I was a romantic once, a long time ago
aaaaaaahhhh I remember young love; vaguely.

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
To me it's less about heroics and more about being sensitive and thoughtful . Discernment is a very attractive trait. Also... he is willing to buy me an alpaca.

Is this really too much to ask ?
Seriously.

Who wouldn't want a lifetime supply of homegrown sweaters?

Just don't let Tommy be the one to buy you that alpaca or it's going to wind up on the grill. :(

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Personally, it doesn't really appeal to me in the sense of having someone swoon over me for heroics. I'm not saying that character trait is wrong - just that it's not mine. I prefer to help anonymously if possible. Once though I remember telling someone that I was praying for her, and she had a reaction along those lines. But I tend to deflect, perhaps feeling as though I'm a distraction from what's really important.

I'd rather help the traveler on the road than the princess in the castle... if that makes sense.
This was a great answer, too -- The Silent (Anonymous) Knight.

In many ways, Clark Kent was always much more attractive to me than The Man of Steel, because I can't relate much to Superman, but I know what it feels like to be the nerdy version of Clark.

Clark didn't need other people to acknowledge who he was in order for him to know who he was by himself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Are we talking about the Smallville season 10 version, where Clark deliberately makes himself nerdy as a "hiding in plain sight" disguise?

I watched all ten seasons in less than a year. Yes I'm a nerd. And he found out what I've been thinking for years, that sometimes it's downright handy to be underestimated. :cool:

S

Susanna

Are we talking about the Smallville season 10 version, where Clark deliberately makes himself nerdy as a "hiding in plain sight" disguise?

I watched all ten seasons in less than a year. Yes I'm a nerd. And he found out what I've been thinking for years, that sometimes it's downright handy to be underestimated. :cool:
You're right, people tend to underestimate my analytical skills, but they're only almost right.

Basically, they think I'm crazy, but the truth is I'm only half crazy.

Lol

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

I am totally old school.

Although I know a few tidbits about Smallville, I never got into it. (Watching Clark and Lex as best friends who turn into enemies would have broken my heart. :()

The only "real-life" reference I have for Superman would be Christopher Reeve, whom I will always see a the One and Only Superman.

I've seen most of the renditions since--Brandon Routh, Henry Caville... But to me, no one else embodied the character more than Mr. Reeves.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This is the type of body pillow that I'm talking about:

Rose,

I know you mean well, but...

I don't want to sound like the jaded old lady of the forum, but I'm going to anyway.

When I see things like this, I'm not thinking, "Oh, what a cute kid's toy."

I'm thinking of all the 50-year-old men who buy these things and say it's for their "daughter"--but they don't have any children.