Meekness or boldness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
So I was listening to that song “I raise a hallelujah” and I noticed something. It seems like in terms of faith I tend to be a bit more meek and timid. My tendency is to sort of be more praying and seeking God as opposed to “singing louder than the unbelief.” Or like in the middle of the storm doing a “roaring” praise.

All this is to ask: what do you think God honors or wants for us? Does He want us to run to Him during the hard times, or does He want us to belt out what we know to be true in faith when we’re unsure? Or both?

Hm...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So I was listening to that song “I raise a hallelujah” and I noticed something. It seems like in terms of faith I tend to be a bit more meek and timid. My tendency is to sort of be more praying and seeking God as opposed to “singing louder than the unbelief.” Or like in the middle of the storm doing a “roaring” praise.

All this is to ask: what do you think God honors or wants for us? Does He want us to run to Him during the hard times, or does He want us to belt out what we know to be true in faith when we’re unsure? Or both?

Hm...
I just this morning made a reply to @Bingo in this side of the glass about the subject. Here's the link>
https://christianchat.com/threads/this-side-of-the-glass.182929/post-4086837

G00WZ

May 16, 2014

Hm...

What he wants is loyalty in standing with Him in good times and the bad. With a lot of people they kind-of just run
to Him only when there is a problem.. From what i have seen from experience is He honors
loyalty,praise, sacrifice,trust, agreeing with Him, and righteousness according to Him.

The thing about being sure or unsure is irrelevant for your personal awareness, rather you have to believe that it is his truth.
Kind-of like when you were a small child and your parents would tell you something and you would just have to agree with whatever it was simply because they were the adult and had all the answers and you trusted them.

I know for me personally He schooled me many times when i knew in my heart something wasn't going to work, or thought it was dumb, but because i gave Him the opportunity to fail me, He didn't, and would prove me wrong. That probably sounds bad, but that's how i am, i will give a chance to fail and i will go through the thing 100% loyal, just to see what happens. I give chances. I think that is a type of boldness He likes to honor... I don't have a perfect flawless walk to where i just flawlessly go through things or never have inner struggle. Most of the time i will believe God while at the same time think my way is better, but because i am at least willing to give Him a chance to prove my idea wrong rather than going my way, He answers, and has made me look foolish every single time.

I will ask you a question now. What exactly do you mean when you are "seeking God"? Are you looking for some sort of confirmation or something?

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019

Hm...
I've heard the testimony behind this song and thought it was simply beautiful.
Sometimes circumstances can dictate our actions.
For me, it varies. In hard times I most often go to God in prayer but there are times I will just start to sing. What I see as important is the hearts intent, no point professing words and not meaning it; whether the words are spoken or sung.

Jesus did say to come to Him (Matt 11:28-30).
1 Pet 5:7 says to Cast your care upon Him.
David sings psalms of lament (for example Psalm 142).
1 Sam 1:13 mentions Hannah praying in her heart. Eli couldn't hear her but God did. So I don't think it matters how as
long as it comes from your heart.

Jun 14, 2016

Hm...
It takes faith to hold onto God’s promise when we don’t see it. I think this is what the song is getting at. Instead of reasoning and rationalizing and looking at things through our own lens, we’re choosing to set our eyes on things above, trusting God and His word through it all. An act of faith. I don’t think it necessarily means you have to be loud, but that God and His word need to be ‘louder’ than the unbelief or natural thinking.