What scriptures or therapy has worked for you guy to overcome this addiction. Porn, chatrooms etc? Thanks!!
Thanks he really hit home on dividing the lies from truths as Jesus sees us as how satan does. Both have agendas for us. Watching this I realized why I ever started down this lonely path for so many years. I def have some work to do journaling etc. Thanks so much for sending this.
Find a purpose. Find a woman. Find a couple good hobbies.
Sinful sexual practices often trace back to inactivity and a lack of fulfillment. In this era anyhow.
That is the best and most sound advice I've ever seen on this topic..
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22
Find a purpose. Find a woman. Find a couple good hobbies.
Sinful sexual practices often trace back to inactivity and a lack of fulfillment. In this era anyhow.
That is the best and most sound advice I've ever seen on this topic..
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22
I understand that marrying is a good thing, but I know that if a guy said something to me along the lines of, "Hey, I have a sex addiction, and I've got my eye on marrying you as a means of coping with it," I would run in the other direction before he could even finish the sentence. I'd be all for trying to cheer him on and pray for him as a friend, but I would be concerned about being the means through which someone would be trying to legalize their addiction.
I get that marriage was designed by God to be an outlet for sexual desires and feelings, and I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people who marry in order to cope with an addiction to sexual feelings find themselves greatly disappointed.
Granted, I would love to post a poll in the Family Forum that asked, "Did Getting Married Cure Your Sex Addiction Problem?" but I'm guessing that wouldn't be deemed appropriate for this forum (as is the case with many of the questions I wish I could ask on CC.)
I could be wrong, but I think that unless the root issues are dealt with before getting married, there is a danger of trying to turn a potential spouse into one's own version of a live sex toy, and that will cause any marriage to disintegrate very quickly.
I understand that marrying is a good thing, but I know that if a guy said something to me along the lines of, "Hey, I have a sex addiction, and I've got my eye on marrying you as a means of coping with it," I would run in the other direction before he could even finish the sentence. I'd be all for trying to cheer him on and pray for him as a friend, but I would be concerned about being the means through which someone would be trying to legalize their addiction.
I get that marriage was designed by God to be an outlet for sexual desires and feelings, and I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people who marry in order to cope with an addiction to sexual feelings find themselves greatly disappointed.
Granted, I would love to post a poll in the Family Forum that asked, "Did Getting Married Cure Your Sex Addiction Problem?" but I'm guessing that wouldn't be deemed appropriate for this forum (as is the case with many of the questions I wish I could ask on CC.)
I could be wrong, but I think that unless the root issues are dealt with before getting married, there is a danger of trying to turn a potential spouse into one's own version of a live sex toy, and that will cause any marriage to disintegrate very quickly.
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
(1 Corinthians 7:9 NIV)
Of course one shouldn't just grab the nearest woman and marry her... or maybe that's what we've all been doing wrong!But I think the point is that one should focus their mind on looking for a life partner instead of on taming their urges... (if that even makes sense
)
The fear of God and a love to do righteousness.What scriptures or therapy has worked for you guy to overcome this addiction. Porn, chatrooms etc? Thanks!!