Men or Women?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Men or Women happier as singles?

• Men who say its Women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Women who say its Women

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Men who say its Men

• Women who say its Men

• Equally Miserable

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Equally Happy

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
K

Kim82

Actually, @Kim82 is well respected for her sound spiritual and practical counsel and the counsel she provided is well worth considering. She definitely has a treasure trove of wisdom that is worth tapping into.
Greetings Tourist. Please ignore the comments made by that person. And thank you for your kind words :giggle:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You're basically parroting what the person who cursed me to a lifetime of singleness said. I already disagreed with that. Are you here to curse me too?
No, not at all. I don't believe that a prospective spouse will tolerate the other insisting on maintaining a friendship with a member of the opposite sex, and especially so to the extent that you described. That's not going to happen and it would be unrealistic to expect that it would based on your premise.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I think most people are unhappy actually whether they are single or married. I don't know any married couples who are happy. I do know some singles who are happy. So what does that mean? :O
It means nothing. The small handful of people you reference compared to the millions of marriages is nothing more than a drop.
Many times have I seen two people express vastly different experiences and each believe theirs holds more meaning.
It speaks more to the circle of people you know than providing a relevant amount of information outside of that circle.
Many people are happily married. Just not within the circle of people you know.

T

TheIndianGirl

It's hard to get an approximate percentage of happy marriages vs unhappy marriages. The unhappy ones put up a happy front. Most unhappy people in marriages do not even tell close family, such as their parents, of the struggles they are going through because what goes on within a marriage is private. The only thing you can judge is by the divorce rate, which is commonly stated as 50% (not sure how accurate this figure is). The divorce rate for Christians is probably lower, but not by much. And, of the group not divorced, there are probably some unhappy ones there as well.

Mar 4, 2020
It means nothing. The small handful of people you reference compared to the millions of marriages is nothing more than a drop.
Many times have I seen two people express vastly different experiences and each believe theirs holds more meaning.
It speaks more to the circle of people you know than providing a relevant amount of information outside of that circle.
Many people are happily married. Just not within the circle of people you know.
That's a lot of words just to say that people speak about things they know relative to their own experiences. Nothing of value was added. Good job.

Mar 4, 2020
No, not at all. I don't believe that a prospective spouse will tolerate the other insisting on maintaining a friendship with a member of the opposite sex, and especially so to the extent that you described. That's not going to happen and it would be unrealistic to expect that it would based on your premise.
I've been thinking about it and I'm sorry for the way I've talked to you and kim82. Not saying it's right, but I was just upset and I'm over it. I hope you two can look past that. Let's have peace. Thanks.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I've been thinking about it and I'm sorry for the way I've talked to you and kim82. Not saying it's right, but I was just upset and I'm over it. I hope you two can look past that. Let's have peace. Thanks.
Look past what exactly? You have said nothing whatsoever that bothers me. Yes indeed, let's go in peace.:)

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Hard to say. I believe single women generally have a larger social network, so I think they will be happier.
Women are more needy then men, and are horny more often than men. Men are straight up in your face about feelings and lusts but women play it safe. Its like saying who sleeps around more men or women.