Mental illness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020
Please don't stay and subject yourself to abuse just because of culture. Sometimes God chooses you to become that first one in the family to break that generational curse. There's so many atrocities committed in the name of culture ie: genitalia mutilation. Don't feel guilty for wanting to start a life on your own.

As far as honoring your parents, that doesn't mean allowing them to dictate your life as an adult.

Are you in India?
Yes I am.

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020
it annoys me when Christians use the term "Mental illness"... such a worldly phrase, denies the existence of the spiritual realm.. If someone's behavior is contrary to the gifts of the Spirit, is it not from the evil one?
So all of these terms like 'Schizophrenia' mean a person is possessed by a demon you mean.? Which means many in this age including my own family members are possessed? And so what is the devil doing in our home ? How to remove the devil from a person..? Have you ever done it..? How often does it happen these days.?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
So all of these terms like 'Schizophrenia' mean a person is possessed by a demon you mean.? Which means many in this age including my own family members are possessed? And so what is the devil doing in our home ? How to remove the devil from a person..? Have you ever done it..? How often does it happen these days.?
It does not mean they are possessed. They need medical and psychological help.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
A possession is rare and the person is not in control of themselves at all. According to examples in scripture not only could they cause sickness or disability but they were quite strong and it must of been quite obvious by their actions as people without question knew who had a demon.

Today most people guess. They just assume a illness is demonic and then ritually begin acting for deliverance. It is a joke when compared to the apostles or Jesus who just spoke and the demons left.

Spiritual warfare is real and Satan (demonic forces) are trying to destroy anything of God. So there very much could be demonic oppression as they wish to cause division and chaos.

From Biblical examples in those days it must of been quite common to have demons. Today I'm sure there are more than we realize but we will not find scriptures speaking to Christians to deliver demons. It is not mentioned in the gifts or commanded in spiritual warfare.

We are comanded to preach the gospel. The holy spirit does the delivering.

Jan 26, 2023
I had a Christian lady friend above 80 years old being labeled as having "dementia".. Her family put her in a Christian nursing home.. I visited her to see what her case was.. She said she does not recognize me but she is happy to know that I know her...., her face and expression has indeed changed a lot, her speech was slow and delayed. However, as she was sitting on the couch, I noticed she was surrounded by cards, cards with bible quotes on them.. one was in her hand.. her spirit was with Jesus and I felt that she is at peace.. this was all that mattered to me.. I came away knowing she is in good hands..

Your story sounds different..

Jul 12, 2021
Do you work or go to school? If not, you need to. You have to acquire skills and job experience so you can become financially independent. You see, if everything was ever taken away from you, the one and only think no one can ever take away from you is your knowledge and skills. You can take those and use it anywhere you go.

Do you attend a local church? You need to also join local groups with like minded people that can support you. In case you need to leave you family, is going to be important to have a job, some skills, and people that support you so you don't feel alone. Your family might completely disowned you if you decide to go against their culture beliefs and that can become depressing and hard on your life.

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina
I live in the US and have known several East Indian familys and am very impressed with their work ethic and how close knit their families are. But other than that I really don't know the Indian culture.

Unfortunately while you are living at home you are completely under your parents authority and was wondering what would be the possibility of you moving out on your own in India?

If that wouldn't work then perhaps you could further your education by going to school in another country like the US? It would get you out from under their roof while getting the education you want instead of what your father wants. I wouldn't know how you would go about doing something like that but many people do it so I know it's possible.

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020
Lord you know what idols are in the home I pray you deliver our sister to a place of refuge where she'll be safe and loved by you. I also pray this for all daughters experiencing this harassment and break every yoke of bondage. In Jesus mighty name
Amen