Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I keep repeating myself it's getting irritating you keep asking the same question I keep giving you the same scripture first time I won't mix it in the crowd
That word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee After the Baptism which John preached: how God Anointed Jesus of Nazareth with The Holy Spirit and with power,!!!?? who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
Well, I certainly don't want to irritate you, so to avoid doing that, I will leave this thread, at least for the moment.
 
I agree with you that John did not baptise with the Holy Spirit. No mere man can baptise another man with the Holy Spirit. So if water baptism is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, why do you insist that Jesus was anointed at His water baptism?

I agree that God the Father anointed His Son with the Holy Spirit and with power. but why do you add "except when people knew Him"? The Bible says:

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

It doesn't say, "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, except when people knew Him."


I am not being negative. By God's grace I am saved, and I have the Holy Spirit.

I agree with that. John wrote these words of John the Baptist:

Jhn 1:33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'


According to Jesus, the seed is the word of God.
Water is to make clean in the presence of other men because that's how they wash Holy Spirit baptism needs that in the menview to do the real cleansing not done with hands if you had the spirit of God you would know exactly . There is a great difference in water baptisms I see people get baptized as to join a church or a group you see baby baptism you see sprinkling but I'll tell you what I see when I see baptized in the name of Jesus the Holy Spirit can baptize at the same moment and this is what I see I see the Dead man going to the water submerged when he comes up by the water I see his Spirit Alive . Good evening appears to just leave the bbody going up all in one motion coming out of the water if this is what happened to you then yes but somewhere along the line something stuck inside you and it appears to be some kind of a religious thing people want to hang on to something that will never be in heaven forever the way they do whatever it is
 
Well, I certainly don't want to irritate you, so to avoid doing that, I will leave this thread, at least for the moment.
Will you reply with your own view you don't you don't acknowledge the scripture that I gave you any inspect me to respect whatever your scriptures are to say against what the scripture I showed you shows you you're you're not being fair to the holy spirit that is in me. You you didn't answer me or whatever I gave you the scripture and that's the only scripture that has all three baptism anointing Hily Spirit . John John baptize Jesus with water got baptized Jesus with the Holy Spirit and that was a sign so John knew exactly who he was to start proclaiming Messiah is here I think what it is you're only seeing what men only see! You have to see what the Holy Spirit sees since you have it use it is the promise he'll show you !
 
Well, I certainly don't want to irritate you, so to avoid doing that, I will leave this thread, at least for the moment.
Ill repeat this scripture also and pay attention to the word Today! This is when Jesus got baptized and went to the synagog he spoke the pprophet ,who he is/ was
  • Luke 4:18, 21: “‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me...’ And He began to say to them, ‘Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.’”
By looking at it this way, John's baptism wasn't just a routine ritual—it was the official coronation day where Jesus stepped into His identity as the Christ for the entire world to see.
Before an Old Testament king or priest took office, they were first washed with water to symbolize purity and dedication to God (Leviticus 8:6).
  • The Fulfillment: Jesus submitted Himself to the baptism of John in the Jordan River. While He had no sin to repent of, this washing was His formal entry into His public, royal office.
The Anointing (The Crowning)
An ancient king was not crowned with gold; he was "crowned" when a prophet poured holy Oil over his head, marking him as God's chosen ruler (1 Samuel 16:13).
  • The Fulfillment: The moment Jesus came out of the water, God bypassed physical oil and poured out the raw substance: the Holy Spirit descended like a dove and rested upon Him. As Acts 10:38 confirms, this was the exact moment God officially anointed Him.
The Proclamation (The Royal Decree)
A coronation always concluded with a public Herald Proclaiming the New king’s identity and Authority to the subjects.
  • The Fulfillment: God the Father acted as the ultimate herald, speaking directly from heaven: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17). This decree officially announced Jesus's royal status to Israel and the spiritual realm.
Through this dramatic coronation at the Jordan River, Jesus was formally installed into His earthly ministry as King of Kings, fully empowered by the Holy Spirit to reclaim His kingdom. Dave you got to put the whole thing together to See as a man or as a man of God doesn't matter man Not of God normally don't understand and put if answer butts all over the place Enjoy to the fullest .
 
Ill repeat this scripture also and pay attention to the word Today! This is when Jesus got baptized and went to the synagog he spoke the pprophet ,who he is/ was
  • Luke 4:18, 21: “‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me...’ And He began to say to them, ‘Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.’”
By looking at it this way, John's baptism wasn't just a routine ritual—it was the official coronation day where Jesus stepped into His identity as the Christ for the entire world to see.
Before an Old Testament king or priest took office, they were first washed with water to symbolize purity and dedication to God (Leviticus 8:6).
  • The Fulfillment: Jesus submitted Himself to the baptism of John in the Jordan River. While He had no sin to repent of, this washing was His formal entry into His public, royal office.
The Anointing (The Crowning)
An ancient king was not crowned with gold; he was "crowned" when a prophet poured holy Oil over his head, marking him as God's chosen ruler (1 Samuel 16:13).
  • The Fulfillment: The moment Jesus came out of the water, God bypassed physical oil and poured out the raw substance: the Holy Spirit descended like a dove and rested upon Him. As Acts 10:38 confirms, this was the exact moment God officially anointed Him.
The Proclamation (The Royal Decree)
A coronation always concluded with a public Herald Proclaiming the New king’s identity and Authority to the subjects.
  • The Fulfillment: God the Father acted as the ultimate herald, speaking directly from heaven: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17). This decree officially announced Jesus's royal status to Israel and the spiritual realm.
Through this dramatic coronation at the Jordan River, Jesus was formally installed into His earthly ministry as King of Kings, fully empowered by the Holy Spirit to reclaim His kingdom. Dave you got to put the whole thing together to See as a man or as a man of God doesn't matter man Not of God normally don't understand and put if answer butts all over the place Enjoy to the fullest .
  • By speaking these exact words, God was quoting an ancient royal coronation psalm (Psalm 2:7), which says: “I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You.’” God was acts as the herald, executing a royal decree.
The Word "Herald" in the Original Greek Text
In the New Testament, the Greek word for a herald is kēryx (κῆρυξ), and the verb for proclaiming like a herald is kēryssō (κηρύσσω).
When the Bible says the apostles "preached" or "proclaimed" the Gospel, the literal Greek text says they were acting as royal heralds announcing the King. Paul even applies the title directly to himself:
  • 1 Timothy 2:7 (Literal Translation): “...for which I was appointed a herald [kēryx] and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.”
So, when we look at the baptism of Jesus, we are looking at a perfectly orchestrated biblical script: John the Baptist was the herald on earth clearing the way, and God the Father was the herald from heaven proclaiming the King's arrival.
 
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’” (Matthew 3:17)
By echoing Psalm 2:7 at the Jordan River, God was signaling to anyone who knew the scriptures that the Rest of the Psalm—The "Begotten" Royal aAnd suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’” (Matthew 3:17)
By echoing Psalm 2:7 at the Jordan River, God was signaling to anyone who knew the scriptures that the rest of the Psalm—the "begotten" Royal Anointing—was being fulfilled right before their eyes. (Note: Some ancient versions of Luke 3:22 actually read with the exact "today I have begotten you" phrase).
. They Heard It Proclaimed at the Resurrection
According to the New Testament, the absolute fulfillment of the day the Son was "begotten" as the ultimate reigning King happened when He conquered the grave.
In Acts 13:33, the Apostle Paul stands up in a synagogue and explicitly reminds the people when this promise became a Proven Reality:
“God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.’”
3. They Read It in God’s Eternal Decree
The people of Israel "heard" this decree by reading it in their scriptures. Psalm 2 was historically known as an enthronement psalm. Every time a new king in David's line took the throne, this decree was read aloud to the people to declare that the king was legally acting as God’s governing "son" on earth.
When Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to the throne room, Hebrews 1:5 notes that He permanently claimed that title above every angel and earthly king forever Anointing—was being fulfilled right before their eyes. (Note: Some ancient versions of Luke 3:22 actually read with the exact "today I have begotten you" phrase).

They Heard It Proclaimed at the Resurrection
According to the New Testament, the absolute fulfillment of the day the Son was "begotten" as the ultimate reigning King happened when He conquered the grave.
In Acts 13:33, the Apostle Paul stands up in a synagogue and explicitly reminds the people when this promise became a proven reality:

“God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.’”
They Read It in God’s Eternal Decree
The people of Israel "heard" this decree by reading it in their scriptures. Psalm 2 was historically known as an enthronement psalm. Every time a new king in David's line took the throne, this decree was read aloud to the people to declare that the king was legally acting as God’s governing "son" on earth.
When Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to the throne room, Hebrews 1:5 notes that He permanently claimed that title above every angel and earthly king forever