Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Put smoking on your "to not do" list and I can just about guarantee that you'll gain a few pounds. :cool:

Send the check to Oncefallen C/O CC.com JesusLives
:p
Thanks for having my back in the not smoking part for my hubby. I can use all the help I can get to try and encourage him to quit. It's a devils stick for sure hanging out of ones mouth with nothing but death and destruction in it's wake. I'm a little short this month on the payment part.....but then I'm short everyday as I'm only 5'2".....lol

cos

Jan 16, 2018
as we age i believe most gain much wisdom; yet, others, especially much younger ones, don't always see or respect such wisdom. i suppose the phrase learn by our mistakes comes from that self direction.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
as we age i believe most gain much wisdom; yet, others, especially much younger ones, don't always see or respect such wisdom. i suppose the phrase learn by our mistakes comes from that self direction.
Most of us learn things the hard way and cause unnecessary pain and suffering to ourselves.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I just stared at a post for minutes, pondering if I should reply to an obnoxious person's post with a similarly obnoxious post, or if that would be un-Christlike. I think maybe the devil is tempting me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I just stared at a post for minutes, pondering if I should reply to an obnoxious person's post with a similarly obnoxious post, or if that would be un-Christlike. I think maybe the devil is tempting me.
I have faced that situation a few times. Replying in a like manner may feel good at the moment but it is not a Christian thing to do. In the instances that I did this I usually apologized immediately if I felt inside to do so or later on after thinking about what I had done. My counsel is that if you have been slighted to just let it go and say a sincere prayer for the one who was obnoxious. I have not always done that and for those times that I neglected to say I was sorry I will say now to anyone I may have been harsh with previously. Perhaps the ones that I have hurt by any posts I may have written will pray for me also.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Was it my post?

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I have faced that situation a few times. Replying in a like manner may feel good at the moment but it is not a Christian thing to do. In the instances that I did this I usually apologized immediately if I felt inside to do so or later on after thinking about what I had done. My counsel is that if you have been slighted to just let it go and say a sincere prayer for the one who was obnoxious. I have not always done that and for those times that I neglected to say I was sorry I will say now to anyone I may have been harsh with previously. Perhaps the ones that I have hurt by any posts I may have written will pray for me also.
It seems to be just a general, oblivious obnoxiousness. It isn't directed at anyone. Maybe the person might not even know they are being obnoxious. Better to hold back than be sorry later, I guess. Thanks for the advice, though!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I confess that even though I grew up in Detroit and a Lions and Wolverine fan and Tom Brady played at Michigan I rooted for the Philadelphia Eagles to win the Super Bowl and cheered their dramatic victory.

I just got tired of every year hearing about how great the Patriots are and everyone knowing how the movie would end. Well, this one had a surprise ending. It was the best Super Bowl I had ever seen.

It's a shame that one of the teams had to lose as both teams played their hearts out but I'm glad that the Pat's lost and there is now a new champion of the NFL.

The Philadelphia Eagles.

Jul 20, 2017
I spent my life locked away and isolated. No reason to go into detail but I might have spent a good two years in society not counting a few as a kid. I had to learn to talk to people and be peaceful around people again and was pretty much court ordered to stay home until I did. I always held into the idea of having a family one day to get me through it all. But I have to live fast. A regular life just wont be able to take care of me since I am starting out older and the Lord just didnt make me some people that way, Im a dream chaser. I could not do much for society and all I knew how to do was fight so I took my own warpath and pursued a career as a mercenary. I think deep down this was my suicidal justification. I met a girl long ago in the beginning, she made life just seem beautiful again. I decided to try again to live a normal life and backed out of the warpath and worked hard for the entire time to establish myself. But she wont talk to me. She seems interested but doesnt trust me because I am a little wild I think, and she doesnt really trust anybody. I never bothered her and nobody really knows. I still cant fit in society either. I decided to move into a big house and fill it with wives and live fast and die young leaving a crater where I fall. We are meant to be who we are and in these last days warriors will be needed. I think some people are meant to have different lives and go through different things or hard times and some are meant to always be isolated and cold wherever they go. How else can one choose to sacrifice them self for the better good of others?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I spent my life locked away and isolated. No reason to go into detail but I might have spent a good two years in society not counting a few as a kid. I had to learn to talk to people and be peaceful around people again and was pretty much court ordered to stay home until I did. I always held into the idea of having a family one day to get me through it all. But I have to live fast. A regular life just wont be able to take care of me since I am starting out older and the Lord just didnt make me some people that way, Im a dream chaser. I could not do much for society and all I knew how to do was fight so I took my own warpath and pursued a career as a mercenary. I think deep down this was my suicidal justification. I met a girl long ago in the beginning, she made life just seem beautiful again. I decided to try again to live a normal life and backed out of the warpath and worked hard for the entire time to establish myself. But she wont talk to me. She seems interested but doesnt trust me because I am a little wild I think, and she doesnt really trust anybody. I never bothered her and nobody really knows. I still cant fit in society either. I decided to move into a big house and fill it with wives and live fast and die young leaving a crater where I fall. We are meant to be who we are and in these last days warriors will be needed. I think some people are meant to have different lives and go through different things or hard times and some are meant to always be isolated and cold wherever they go. How else can one choose to sacrifice them self for the better good of others?
You have told quite a story about your life's journey. Having served in the military and now putting on the full armor of faith each day, facing the cold reality of the struggle and challenges, I consider myself a warrior too.

I believe that isolating yourself in a big house filled with wives and living fast will indeed leave a crater. You are better than that.

This world does need warriors, but to be an integral part of that fighting force you have to be disciplined and allow God to show you what battles are to be fought. Perhaps it would be best to consider a long-term strategy and stay in the fight for the long haul. You are still young and it would not serve you well to shut off yourself from the rest of the world.

Even though you are not seeking counsel my advice is to take a few deep breaths, get a library card and a good pair of shoes, be still and pray for clarity of thought on what God's plan of attack is, the rules of engagement, and the role you are going to play. At that time exchange your shoes for combat boots, put on your war paint and the full armor of faith and wait for the command to charge.

Until then, I offer a toast to those other fellow warriors that still remain in the army of God bravely fighting the good fight. "Here's to us, and those like us, there are damn few left".

Carry on soldier.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Seems to me a recurring theme of this midnight confessional is isolationism. Being alone. As I think about it, the only constant relationship I've had, the only true companion that still follows me around is my vehicle! What a sad statement is that? It's a Toyota Tacoma. 4 cylinder no less. Slow as a dairy cow.

That reminds me of a old joke that I've no doubt told my truck (and it never laughs, it's like I'm just wasting my breath. No sense of humor...) but a Texan farmer bragged to a Delaware farmer that it took him nearly all day to drive around all his land. The Delaware farmer says "yeah, I used to have a truck like that". I thought it was a good joke... fitting, you know? But not a peep from the truck. Just reliability. Starts up no matter how cold. It'll start when I don't.

It doesn't die. It doesn't disappear. So, not all that bad a relationship, really. I'm not complaining.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I confess I'm tired and now going to bed.....Night peeps....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seems to me a recurring theme of this midnight confessional is isolationism. Being alone. As I think about it, the only constant relationship I've had, the only true companion that still follows me around is my vehicle! What a sad statement is that? It's a Toyota Tacoma. 4 cylinder no less. Slow as a dairy cow.

That reminds me of a old joke that I've no doubt told my truck (and it never laughs, it's like I'm just wasting my breath. No sense of humor...) but a Texan farmer bragged to a Delaware farmer that it took him nearly all day to drive around all his land. The Delaware farmer says "yeah, I used to have a truck like that". I thought it was a good joke... fitting, you know? But not a peep from the truck. Just reliability. Starts up no matter how cold. It'll start when I don't.

It doesn't die. It doesn't disappear. So, not all that bad a relationship, really. I'm not complaining.
It's not so bad if you think about it.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I guess 4 hours of sleep is all I'll get tonight. Woke up an hour ago, no rest in sight.