Midnight Confessions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I was fourteen when The Beatles Abbey Road LP was released fifty years ago :whistle:
The Beatles were my favorite group and remain so even though John and George have left us. Still have Ringo and Paul walking among the quick though. I am listening to Here Comes The Sun as I am writing this post. This musical group was absolutely brilliant in the way that they tapped into the mainstream culture at the time and even now their music still reverberates within me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The Beatles were my favorite group and remain so even though John and George have left us. Still have Ringo and Paul walking among the quick though. I am listening to Here Comes The Sun as I am writing this post. This musical group was absolutely brilliant in the way that they tapped into the mainstream culture at the time and even now their music still reverberates within me.
I have come to realize that artists are in a very real way spokes' people for the generations out of which they arise. Remember how Ed used to always say, "We have a really big show tonight."? I was eight years old when I first saw The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show (a Sunday night staple in my childhood home) and knew that something big really was happening. The Beatles truly were genius in their craft, and their movies were highly enjoyable too. I was not overly affected (as some were) when they broke up because there was so much really good music being recorded in those days, some of which I learned to play on guitar in my jamming years. I have spent some time in the last few years reviewing the events of that era to get a bigger better picture of the events that were going on in the world as I was entering double digits in age and then becoming a teenager. The signing of the Civil Rights Act, the assassinations of JFK and MLK, the cold war and the war in Viet Nam and many other landmark moments in our cultural history, from the first manned space missions to the Charles Manson murders and the death of Marilyn Monroe, the introduction of the Ford Mustang, Rolling Stone magazine, pantyhose, and freeze dried coffee... my goodness, it was a really big show, and I still love much of the music :cool:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have come to realize that artists are in a very real way spokes' people for the generations out of which they arise. Remember how Ed used to always say, "We have a really big show tonight."? I was eight years old when I first saw The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show (a Sunday night staple in my childhood home) and knew that something big really was happening. The Beatles truly were genius in their craft, and their movies were highly enjoyable too. I was not overly affected (as some were) when they broke up because there was so much really good music being recorded in those days, some of which I learned to play on guitar in my jamming years. I have spent some time in the last few years reviewing the events of that era to get a bigger better picture of the events that were going on in the world as I was entering double digits in age and then becoming a teenager. The signing of the Civil Rights Act, the assassinations of JFK and MLK, the cold war and the war in Viet Nam and many other landmark moments in our cultural history, from the first manned space missions to the Charles Manson murders and the death of Marilyn Monroe, the introduction of the Ford Mustang, Rolling Stone magazine, pantyhose, and freeze dried coffee... my goodness, it was a really big show, and I still love much of the music :cool:

Yes, being the same age we both experienced the same things, especially during the turbulent 60's. Having spent my childhood living in a suburb of Detroit I also remember the riots of '67, the police curfews, the National Guard helicopters and the smoke rising from Detroit due to 1/2 the city being set ablaze. Martial law was declared and over 60 people died with thousands being arrested. I loved all of the music from that decade also. I remember watching the Ed Sullivan show on Sunday nights. Regarding the game of life, as Ed would've said, "It's a really big shew".

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just made scones for the first time. Blueberry scones :D I must admit they are delicious :giggle:

I wanted to follow the recipe though doing such does not really seem to be in my blood :oops:

I used two kinds of flour (organic whole wheat plus all purpose flour) instead of the one called for (white whole wheat), could not measure the (frozen) butter properly, had no lemon zest, and no milk for brushing on top (I brushed on yoghurt instead), and added way more blueberries than suggested. BUT I did buy the called-for maple syrup for sweetener, used the proper kind of yoghurt (Greek) and even made two trips to dollar stores looking for a basting brush and felt lucky heehee to get the last one in the store this morning. They were very easy to make ;)

Scones normally look quite white. Mine certainly do not :D

I ate two sections of eight and will take the rest to my daughter's :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I just made scones for the first time. Blueberry scones :D I must admit they are delicious :giggle:

I wanted to follow the recipe though doing such does not really seem to be in my blood :oops:

I used two kinds of flour (organic whole wheat plus all purpose flour) instead of the one called for (white whole wheat), could not measure the (frozen) butter properly, had no lemon zest, and no milk for brushing on top (I brushed on yoghurt instead), and added way more blueberries than suggested. BUT I did buy the called-for maple syrup for sweetener, used the proper kind of yoghurt (Greek) and even made two trips to dollar stores looking for a basting brush and felt lucky heehee to get the last one in the store this morning. They were very easy to make ;)

Yeah, she said she would stick to the recipe for the first try but that plan changed before she finished. They look quite yummy though. :love:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, she said she would stick to the recipe for the first try but that plan changed before she finished. They look quite yummy though. :love:
I think I may add a little extra maple syrup next time (I am sure there will be a "next time" :D) and possibly a teensy bit of cinnamon on top :) A little extra lemon juice wouldn't hurt, either ;) So easy! No mixer or blender required; I got my hands in the dough to finish the mixing in of the wet ingredients with the dry before folding in the blueberries. All told, under an hour including prep and baking (y)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

This looks quite scrumptious. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think I may add a little extra maple syrup next time (I am sure there will be a "next time" :D) and possibly a teensy bit of cinnamon on top :) A little extra lemon juice wouldn't hurt, either ;) So easy! No mixer or blender required; I got my hands in the dough to finish the mixing in of the wet ingredients with the dry before folding in the blueberries. All told, under an hour including prep and baking (y)
Hard to go wrong by adding extra lemon juice and cinnamon. Cinnamon is Darlene's favorite spice. We both love lemon.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hard to go wrong by adding extra lemon juice and cinnamon. Cinnamon is Darlene's favorite spice. We both love lemon.
Me too! I have started putting organic lemon juice in my drinking water at home :D

I was inspired to make these after a co-worker brought lemon blueberry scones one day in to work this week that a friend of his (who owns a bakery) had made. They were so fresh and delicious... and I had not baked anything for quite some time --- unless you count pre-made frozen lasagna as baking :giggle:

Maybe a little stevia instead of more maple syrup... they do not need to be sweet but a little something :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Me too! I have started putting organic lemon juice in my drinking water at home :D

I was inspired to make these after a co-worker brought lemon blueberry scones one day in to work this week that a friend of his (who owns a bakery) had made. They were so fresh and delicious... and I had not baked anything for quite some time --- unless you count pre-made frozen lasagna as baking :giggle:

Maybe a little stevia instead of more maple syrup... they do not need to be sweet but a little something :)
Perhaps a touch of honey. It should go well with the extra lemon juice.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You know one thing that's stopping me is that I can't talk about anything real here. The responses here are so predictable its almost comical and everything is judged against the squeaky clean, perfect christian image.
I was typing a long response and lost it as our computer is touchy and drives me nuts when trying to type a good response. It was a good one but I will just say that if you ever want to talk real I am available to talk real with you and I know Tourist is also there for you.

40 years ago going through my divorce I needed someone to talk to and because my Father-In-Law was a Pastor and it was his son I was divorcing I didn't feel comfortable talking with another Pastor as I didn't want anything to come back and cause problems for our family even though I was leaving it. To this day I am still in touch with the Ex's parents. But it was a tough time to go through that and my Ex remarried 3 months after our divorce I was heart broken feeling I had no one to talk to....about the real things....

Point being we are here if you ever want to get real...

Nov 23, 2019
When I was younger I used to get home late and eat my sisters cheese cake and said I thought it was general family cheese cake.... (*whispers* I know it wasn't)

I judge worse than I should over leggings being used as pants.

I like little kids more than most grownups.

I'd rather talk science fiction and theology than almost anything else... and sometimes... i don't even wait for an appropriate segue, i just drop a "hey, so you know how God...."

I judge dudes more harshly than women (not sure what's up with that one)

I love cocooning myself on the couch with a blanket and a foot heater pumping heat in the bottom until I can't tell where my shirt ends and my skin starts. It's gootastic :D
I feel you girl, I do.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I will be having pre-made frozen apple pie for Thanksgiving.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When I was younger I used to get home late and eat my sisters cheese cake and said I thought it was general family cheese cake.... (*whispers* I know it wasn't)

I judge worse than I should over leggings being used as pants.

I like little kids more than most grownups.

I'd rather talk science fiction and theology than almost anything else... and sometimes... i don't even wait for an appropriate segue, i just drop a "hey, so you know how God...."

I judge dudes more harshly than women (not sure what's up with that one)

I love cocooning myself on the couch with a blanket and a foot heater pumping heat in the bottom until I can't tell where my shirt ends and my skin starts. It's gootastic :D
I would've ate the entire cheesecake. I understand about the cocooning aspect too. My home is my cocoon from the outside world. I live in Florida because I can't stand the cold harsh winters up north. I'm down with blankets for sure.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was typing a long response and lost it as our computer is touchy and drives me nuts when trying to type a good response. It was a good one but I will just say that if you ever want to talk real I am available to talk real with you and I know Tourist is also there for you.

40 years ago going through my divorce I needed someone to talk to and because my Father-In-Law was a Pastor and it was his son I was divorcing I didn't feel comfortable talking with another Pastor as I didn't want anything to come back and cause problems for our family even though I was leaving it. To this day I am still in touch with the Ex's parents. But it was a tough time to go through that and my Ex remarried 3 months after our divorce I was heart broken feeling I had no one to talk to....about the real things....

Point being we are here if you ever want to get real...
We certainly are here for the peeps that we care about.

Ghoti2

Nov 8, 2019
I have a confession I have been hiding for years.

With no remorse, I let my dog take the blame for several things I, myself, actually did. Each time, he got yelled at, and I just shamelessly stood there and said nothing.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have a confession I have been hiding for years.

With no remorse, I let my dog take the blame for several things I, myself, actually did. Each time, he got yelled at, and I just shamelessly stood there and said nothing.
...and yet his little tail still wags when he sees daddy. I blame our cats Tango and Sugar for stuff too but mama is getting wise to this.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I made another one today :) This ^ ^ is from a "country-style" yeast-free bread recipe which again I did not follow religiously. For one thing, I wanted it to be kind of scone-like without being a scone, and the recipe called for twice as much flour (3 cups) as the scone I made yesterday, with a correspondingly increased amount of salt and baking powder. That I followed... but I do not buy milk so I used yoghurt again instead, and also the recipe did not call for maple syrup or lemon juice, both of which I added liberally :D Though this is twice as big as the one from yesterday, I had less blueberries to add to it. I brushed the top with lemon juice and yoghurt before sprinkling with organic sugar and putting in the oven to bake. The recipe had also called for liquid fat of any kind, but I used diced frozen butter instead. It is now cooling and I am going to eat a piece of it very soon :D