MODERN CHRISTIANS WORSHIPPING THEIR HEATHEN GODS--by tossing out the 7th Day Sabbath

  • Thread starter Thread starter ClaudiaT
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
2 Corintians 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
 
Ok then MrsRoseTreasure you are one amazing person and I am truly impressed.

Honestly, it's easier than giving up smoking. I've done both, so I can speak to this. My heart WANTS to rest on the Sabbath.

I took on the Sabbath as a personal dare with my Father. I found a book full of truths, but I still doubted because it was so far away from what I had been taught. I prayed in faith, "I'm going to keep the Sabbath. Please show me if it's the right thing to do."

That first week, the Sabbath seemed so long and peaceful. I cared for my child, watched a movie, and ate a turkey sandwich for lunch. The next week FLEW by. It was like the work seemed so easy, and the Sabbath came flying at me again. I felt rested for the first time in my adult life, and even my two-year-old seemed to understand that we were resting.

I've been doing it ever since. Now I walk in knowledge, and faith. Certainly I have failed, and been lured into activities and shopping and parties and traveling. I was not always the woman I am today. It took time and mistake making, conviction in my spirit, and a willingness to be "peculiar."

I'm sort of a high energy person. I work ten hours, then work at home on my garden, house, baking, family, hobbies, and studies. I run myself to exhaustion every single day. Each Friday night, I drink the wine and break the bread. We cook a roast or some other special meal that can be set to be done at dark, enjoy the Shabbat meal, and for the only time that week, I actually just sit down. The next day, we usually eat last night's leftovers, as the Hebrews did with the manna.

Here's a beautiful side effect that I just can't contain and have to share. :D My husband was leaning toward Wicca when I met him, and in fact was a stated agnostic. I still felt confident he was the man for me. We've been together 7 years (completion!!). I have taken inspiration from the widow looking for justice, and have brought my cause before the judge again and again in prayer. My husband began keeping the Shabbat with me, and now says he needs to participate in preparing us for it on Friday, since I work that day now. He is now talking about how he needs to learn more about the Bible. Last night, we spent two hours discussing the book of Daniel.

Why does he now believe that Yahweh, the god of the Bible, the god of the Jews, is truth? Because of Yah's testimony in me. Because I don't just "walk in faith" without finding out the truth of things. Because I can show him Biblically why I do what I do. Even non-believers know that the Shabbat has not been done away with, and that Sunday is Sun-God-Worship day. Non-believers know that Christianity doesn't even know what it's worshiping. It was his disdain over the hypocrisy of Christianity that drove him away every time he drew close.

Yahweh's faithfulness to reward my obedience to the Torah has changed my husband's heart. Not my glory, but Yahweh's. If I had not read that book, or decided to act in faith instead of pride, I would not have been able to pull this soul, this man that I love so much, into the boat before the end. :D I'm so grateful for Yeshua's sacrifice, and Yahweh's forgiveness. I'm so grateful that a man like my husband, who always says he knows he's going to hell, can feel the spiritual need to know the father better because of my obedience and willingness to humble myself and admit that perhaps, in the past, I've been wrong. :D

That was quite a rant. Thanks for listening. I'm so humbly grateful to be able to say these words since I have prayed so long for My Love's salvation. Shalom.
 
It is instructive that Paul said these things and left the door wide open.
Why then did Paul not just command us to keep the Sabbath day?
I cannot find one command in the entire New Testament that tells me to do so.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every dayalike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
 
Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
We who believe are spiritually in a perpetual state of Sabbath rest. For we are in Christ.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hebrews 4:4 KJV
(4) For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Hebrews 4:9 KJV
(9) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

G4520
σαββατισμός
sabbatismos
Thayer Definition:
1) a keeping sabbath
2) the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from a derivative of G4521
Citing in TDNT: 7:34, 989
 
It is instructive that Paul said these things and left the door wide open.
Why then did Paul not just command us to keep the Sabbath day?
I cannot find one command in the entire New Testament that tells me to do so.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every dayalike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

Does the Creator of the heavens and earth esteem everyday alike?
 
It is instructive that Paul said these things and left the door wide open.
Why then did Paul not just command us to keep the Sabbath day?
I cannot find one command in the entire New Testament that tells me to do so.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every dayalike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

It might be useful for you to spend some time studying the first century Jewish culture and way of life. Honoring the Shabbat was a basic, elementary part of their lifestyle, and the definitive thing that set them apart as a people. It would not have occurred to Paul to "command" people to do it because a) Paul was a servant, and not in a position to command anything. Commanding is something the King does. b) Since this was such a basic part of Jewish belief, it was the primary thing that separated them from the Pagans all around them.

One day, we will all bow down before him on Shabat: [FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, Times][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]Isa. 66:22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]23[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD.

What disturbs you so much about this brother? I know it's difficult to admit that you may be doing something wrong, especially when you've been told it's right you're whole life. Have you learned all there is to learn, and experienced all that you were sent to experience? If you say yes, your salt is no longer flavorful and you are useless to the King .

Exodus 31:13 -- "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND YOU throughout your generations, THAT YOU MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD who sanctifies you."

It is a sign between him and his people. Is the very thing that set all the Hebrews apart from the other people's. It's not some random thing that Paul threw away for you or was done away with on the cross. It is THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS. Since there are still Jews living on this earth, the mark must still be in effect.

If you are going to try to use Paul as an example, however, than you should live his example:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, Times][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]Acts 17:1[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman] [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]When they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]2[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]3[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ, " he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman] [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]Acts 18:2 There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all the Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]3[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]and because he was a tentmaker as they were, he stayed and worked with them. [/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]4[/FONT][FONT=Bookman,Times New Roman]Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

There is nothing in scripture that removes any of the ten commandments. Not one word. If you think that is true, then I beseech you brother for the sake of your soul to stop praying to random spirits and really start actively learning these things. People are going to need help at the time of the end. Will you be the light on the hill, or the one hiding under the table? It might mean you have to reach outside your comfort zones, but isn't the King who gave his life for your soul worthy of such esteem.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
 
Isaiah 66:22-23 (OT but obviously applies to us), Luke 23:53-56, 24:1, Revelation 12:17; 22:14 - I hope and pray that God gives you wisdom and understanding of His Word.
 
I find it hard to believe that a loving God would condemn people to eternal torture for not knowing what day the sabbath is.

For most of my life I was lead to believe that Sunday was the Sabbath. The first I heard that some claim another day is the sabbath was around ten years ago, and then it was more rumor then anything.


So what good was Jesus death if I can be condemned for not knowing the truth? I believe in Him but I do not keep the sabbath according to this, so I am condemned am I not?

Or are some teaching man's tradition as God's will.
 
I find it hard to believe that a loving God would condemn people to eternal torture for not knowing what day the sabbath is.

For most of my life I was lead to believe that Sunday was the Sabbath. The first I heard that some claim another day is the sabbath was around ten years ago, and then it was more rumor then anything.


So what good was Jesus death if I can be condemned for not knowing the truth? I believe in Him but I do not keep the sabbath according to this, so I am condemned am I not?

Or are some teaching man's tradition as God's will.

I want to use a metaphor before I reply...

So if a man was married to his wife for 20 years but never loved her in the way she asked, how do you think that woman would feel? What is the wife asked for a certain gift for the wedding anniversary, but the husband got another gift and when the wife asked why the husband replied, ohh, the woman at the coney island restaurant said you would like this better....

I am not say who does or does not go to the kingdom.

But I can say it is very clear what day the Sabbath is.....the 7th day.

Would it be possible to fall short of the kingdom because someone worships the Father in a false manner? (IMO its possible)

Hosheyah 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you will be no priest to Me. Because you have forgotten the Law of Yahweh, I will also forget your children."

Hebrews 4:1-11, "Therefore, since a promise of entering His rest remains, let us fear so that none of you should come short of it. For this message was preached to us, as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not benefit them, because they did not share in the faith of those who obeyed-- However, we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: So I vowed in My wrath, They will not enter into My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, For He spoke in a certain place of the Seventh Day, in this way: And Yahweh rested the Seventh Day from all His works. And in this place again: If they will enter into My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, Again, He designates a certain day, saying in David: ''Today,'' after so long a time, as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. If Yahshua (ben Nun) had given them rest he would not have spoken afterward of another day. Therefore, there remains the keeping of the Sabbath (word G#4520) to the people of Yahweh, For he who has entered into His rest (word G#2663) has also ceased from his own works, as Yahweh did from His. Therefore, let us be zealous to enter into that rest (word G#2663), so that no one may fall after the same example of unbelief."
 

There is nothing in scripture that removes any of the ten commandments. Not one word.



I agree, but I can not find where in the bible that it identifies which day of the week is the sabbath.

I know I'm probably missing it, so could you help me out, which scriptures would tell me which day of the week is the sabbath?

I do know it is the seventh day, but the seventh counting from where?

I have a very inclusive Bible software package, it has a very good search function but it can not find the Word Saturday in any of the translations in it's system nore in any Hebrew cross reference.

I'm sure a person familiar with Jewish history would know which day of the week the Sabbath is. But how is a gentile to know if it's not in the Bible?

Is Jesus death on the cross not enough, must one also be a Jewish history expert as well?
 
There is a mark of the beast and a mark of Yahweh

according to Scripture the 7th day Sabbath is the mark of Yahweh:


Ezekiel 20:12, "Moreover, I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am Yahweh Who sanctifies them."

Sign is Word #226, Hebrew Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, meaning mark, token, sign, consent, flag, evidence of consent.

Exodus 31:13-17, "Speak also to the children of Israyl, saying; Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for they are a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Yahweh Who sanctifies you, and makes you holy"....16-17, "Therefore the children of Israyl shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israyl forever, for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the Seventh Day He rested and was refreshed."


Sign is Word #226, Hebrew Dictionary, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, meaning mark, token, sign, consent, flag, evidence of consent.

and its not just for Hebrew.blood Israylites:

Isayah 56:1-7, "This is what Yahweh says: Keep the judgments, and do justly; for My salvation is near, soon, to come, and My righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it; who keeps the Sabbaths without polluting; defiling, them; and keeps his hand from doing any evil. Do not let the son of the Gentile, who has joined himself to Yahweh, speak, saying; Yahweh has utterly separated me from His people. Nor let the eunuch say; Behold, I am a dry tree. For this is what Yahweh says: To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose those things which please Me, and hold fast to My covenant: I will give to them, in My House, even within My walls, a place and a Name equal to that of sons and of daughters; I will give them the Name of The Everlasting: YAHWEH; which will not be cut off. Also the sons of the Gentile who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him, and to love the Name of Yahweh, to be His servants--everyone who keeps the Sabbaths without polluting; defiling, them and who holds fast to My covenant--I will bring them to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My House of prayer..."

Besides those who accept Messiah are Israylites now:

Romans 9:6-8, "However, it is not as though Yahweh's plan had failed. For it is not everyone who is a descendant of Israyl who belongs to Israyl. Nor, just because they are his descendants, are they all Abraham's children; but: In Isaac will your seed be called. That is, it is not those who are the children of the flesh who are Yahweh's children; but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's seed."

Psalm 105:6-9, "O seed of Abraham His servant, You children of Yaaqob, His chosen ones! He is Yahweh our Father! His judgments are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, the Law He commanded for a thousand generations; Which He made; ratified, established, with Abraham, and vowed by His oath to Isaac. He confirmed it; let it stand, to Yaaqob for a Law, and to Israyl for an everlasting covenant."

Galations 3:28,29, "Is there not the Yahdai as well as the Greek; Gentile? Is there not the slave as well as the freeman? Is there not the male and the female? For all of you must be in unity in Yahshua Messiah. And if you are in Messiah, then you are a seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise."

Psalam 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O Yahweh! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."
 
I agree, but I can not find where in the bible that it identifies which day of the week is the sabbath.

I know I'm probably missing it, so could you help me out, which scriptures would tell me which day of the week is the sabbath?

I do know it is the seventh day, but the seventh counting from where?

I have a very inclusive Bible software package, it has a very good search function but it can not find the Word Saturday in any of the translations in it's system nore in any Hebrew cross reference.

I'm sure a person familiar with Jewish history would know which day of the week the Sabbath is. But how is a gentile to know if it's not in the Bible?

Is Jesus death on the cross not enough, must one also be a Jewish history expert as well?

The word "Saturday" is a pagan word, named after the roman god Saturn.

In over a hundred languages the 7th day is called Sabbath.

The 7 day cycle has remained the same since Messiah was in the flesh, and if He did not change it I dont feel the need to.

There was a calendar chage in which 10 days were removed from the calendar, but the 7 day cycle stayed the same.

It went from Thursday the 4th to Friday the 15th.

7 day cycle remains.

(the modern calendar is not the Creators calendar but the calendar of babylon)
 
Genesis 2:2-3, "And on the Seventh Day Yahweh ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the Seventh Day from all His work which He had done. Then Yahweh blessed the Seventh Day and set it apart to be holy, because in it He rested from all the work which Yahweh had created and made."

Exodus 20:8-11, "Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, But the Seventh Day is the Sabbath of Yahweh your Heavenly Father. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your wife, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor the stranger who dwells within your gates. For in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them; and rested the Seventh Day. Therefore, Yahweh blessed the Sabbath Day, and hallowed it."
 
Brother Hizikyah you sound so much like my mentor

Thanks be to Yahweh He has allowed me to be able to spend much time with the Scriptures and He has opened my eyes to much of their true meaning!

praise and glory to Yahweh for guiding us!:D
 
Yes all praise to the most high I just wish that i payed more attention to what he was teaching but i was young then and did not fully understand the things that he was teaching us however I am making the steps to get that understanding and the wisdom of the most
 
Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath.
We died with him we are raised with Him.
We now observe the Sabbath Spiritually and daily as we are in Christ, the Lord of the Sabbath.
In the same way we are also circumcised spiritually in our hearts.
We serve Christ in newness of the spirit not oldness of the letter. A new and living way.

Which includes keeping His Commandments...

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Most people don't like these verses. In fact, since they don't fit into their human reasonings, they come up with many different reasons why they don't really mean what they say.
 
Thanks be to Yahweh He has allowed me to be able to spend much time with the Scriptures and He has opened my eyes to much of their true meaning!

praise and glory to Yahweh for guiding us!:D

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
 
The word "Saturday" is a pagan word, named after the roman god Saturn.

In over a hundred languages the 7th day is called Sabbath.

The 7 day cycle has remained the same since Messiah was in the flesh, and if He did not change it I dont feel the need to.

There was a calendar chage in which 10 days were removed from the calendar, but the 7 day cycle stayed the same.

It went from Thursday the 4th to Friday the 15th.

7 day cycle remains.

(the modern calendar is not the Creators calendar but the calendar of babylon)

Several things have occurred that have interrupted the calendar but the continuity of the week has never been lost. The Sabbath we celebrate today is the same day of the week God instituted six thousand years ago. Here is a link to an interesting article...

Has Time Been Lost?
 
It is instructive that Paul said these things and left the door wide open.
Why then did Paul not just command us to keep the Sabbath day?
I cannot find one command in the entire New Testament that tells me to do so.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every dayalike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
Hebrews 8:13
In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
 
Last edited: