MODERN CHRISTIANS WORSHIPPING THEIR HEATHEN GODS--by tossing out the 7th Day Sabbath

  • Thread starter Thread starter ClaudiaT
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It is instructive that Paul said these things and left the door wide open.
Why then did Paul not just command us to keep the Sabbath day?
I cannot find one command in the entire New Testament that tells me to do so.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every dayalike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
Hebrews 8:13
In that He says, “A newcovenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

And yet again Romans 14. Glad I saved this...

Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

The first thing we see here is that this chapter is about relating to a weak brother.

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

The subject here? Vegetarianism

Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

So, if you encounter one who is weak in the faith and believes he must eat vegetables only, don’t let this puff you up…

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

What is the gold standard here?

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:


Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Now to the meat and potatoes…

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Why is eating and fasting (not eating) connected to days here? Let’s see…

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

From Bullingers Companion Bible…

Luke 18:12


twice in the week. The law prescribed only one in the year (Lev_16:29. Num_29:7). By the time of Zec_8:19 there were four yearly fasts. In our Lord's day they were bi-weekly (Monday and Thursday), between Passover and Pentecost; and between the Feast of Tabernacles and the Dedication.

Yes they fasted two days a week, Monday and Thursday, EVERY MONDAY and EVERY THURSDAY.

Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

Now Paul shifts his attention to meat offered to idols. At the time, meat and drink were offered to pagan idols. After it was offered it was sold in a meat market called the ‘Shambles’.

1Co 10:25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

Shambles…

G3111
μάκελλον
makellon
Thayer Definition:
1) a place where meat and other articles of food are sold, meat market
Part of Speech: noun neuter
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of Latin origin [macellum]
Citing in TDNT: 4:370, 549

There were those who were weak in the faith (verse 1) who were offended by this. They somehow thought that eating that food was somehow connecting them with the idolatrous practices around them. This is why the following is written…

Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Meat here is…

G1035
βρῶσις
brōsis
bro'-sis
From the base of G977; (abstractly) eating (literally or figuratively); by extension (concretely) food (literally or figuratively): - eating, food, meat.

Notice it is food, not clean or unclean flesh.

G4213
πόσις
posis
pos'-is
From the alternate of G4095; a drinking (the act), that is, (concretely) a draught: - drink.

Drinking, can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. Paul was dealing with ascetism and the belief that doing without was somehow a show of character. He dealt with this issue at Colossae also…

Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

The word for meat here is broma, from Thayer’s…

G1033
βρῶμα
brōma
Thayer Definition:
1) that which is eaten, food
Part of Speech: noun neuter
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from the base of G977
Citing in TDNT: 1:642, 111

Again, we are dealing with food.

Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

So, it is not dealing with clean and unclean, but with flesh (meat) and wine (drink) that makes a weak brother stumble.

Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

There is no passage in Rom 14 that deals with the Sabbath or clean and unclean meats. The subjects are vegetarianism, fasting and food and drink offered to idols.
 
Thank you for that ?

Galatians 4:16 Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jag1977
MODERN CHRISTIANS WORSHIPPING THEIR HEATHEN GODS
--by tossing out the 7th Day Sabbath

...or, Why dont they get it, that God, who commanded them to rest every 7th Day from all work and worldly pursuits, wants to have an actual RELATIONSHIP with His people?

Those who accuse people that believe in keeping the 7th day Sabbath of being 'legalistic' are the ones who are TRULY legalistic, but they dont realize that.

The reason I say that they are legalistic?

The secret is that they view GOD HIMSELF of the Old Testament as being LEGALISTIC in giving us the Sabbath in the first place and requiring us to keep the 7th day Holy, and so they want to be RID OF IT.

THEN they view JESUS as 'the nice, loving, gentle, forgiving one' who came along and BROKE the Sabbath, and gave everyone some sort of a NEW LAW.. "just love everyone".

They dont have the SLIGHTEST CLUE of the real actual facts, which are these:

Jesus came here to earth to 'show us the Father' which was what He said in His own words. The JEWS were legalistic in how they kept the Sabbath God never intended on it being kept that way.

When JESUS came along, He showed HOW to really keep the Sabbath as God intended it to be kept in the first place.

Thats why He said "I did NOT come to destroy the Law, but to fulfill it". That is ALSO why when the Jews accused Him of BREAKING the Sabbath, that He said it is LAWFUL to pull your ox out of a ditch and it is LAWFUL to help someone on the Sabbath, etc. He was not advocating breaking the 7th Day Sabbath AT ALL. He was just teaching and showing everyone the proper way to keep it.

The Jews had a LEGALISTIC VIEW of God, and they acted it out in how they kept the Law and the Sabbath. Jesus came to clear away all of these misconceptions.

BUT modern 'Christians' today as a whole, are JUST LIKE THE JEWS, the only difference is that they try to do away with the Law AND the 7th Day Sabbath all in one swipe, claiming they LOVE GOD by doing it.

BOTH THINGS are outward 'holiness' with inward corruption, and BOTH THINGS are just trying to cling to sin (transgression of the Law).

And BOTH THINGS are at the root, caused by a LEGALISTIC VIEW of God.

The TRUE SABBATH-KEEPING has to do with realizing that God's people were to be singled out from amongst the heathen by keeping the Law, love God and love your neighbor, as demonstrated and expanded upon in all 10 commandments.... and that this was supposed to show the surrounding Nations, the Heathen, what God and His Government were really like, and thus they too would want to serve Him.

Dont you comprehend this? If one is truly BORN AGAIN, then God is their FATHER and what loving Son or Daughter would not realize that the rules their Father makes is for their own good, and then want to obey Him out of love and respect?

That is exactly what ATONEMENT means. At-One-Ment, or being at one with God. Romans says the carnal wicked mind is at enmity or is an ENEMY with God and with His Law. But the Spiritual mind is AT ONE with God. If you are AT ONE with God then you will also be AT ONE with His Law, His Government!That is what Jesus' sacrifice was all about, to put us back at ONE with God. Not just some sort of a sacrifice to appease an angry legalistic God! Dont you get it?

Rom:7:14: For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom:8:6: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom:8:7: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Stop trying to get rid of the spiritual LAW of God and get rid of SIN instead! In the olden days the wicked wanted to nail JESUS to the cross, because His perfect life, that ONE that perfectly kept the Law of God, was a REBUKE to their own sinful lives. So they killed Jesus.

Nowadays? The seek to nail HIS LAW to the Cross, instead. Crucify SELF! Not Jesus and/or the Law!The Law is what points out your sins. Stop trying to get rid of it, deceiving yourself that you are alright!
------------

Part 2

Im into REST while they claim Im into WORKS.

TRUE SABBATH-KEEPING has to do with the fact that we realize it is God who did all the works from the foundation of the World then rested, and we too are to rest in HIM. Also it is a Sign that it is He that sanctifies us, and not we ourselves. It is SIGN that we realize we must be HOLY as He is HOLY and that we must allow God to purify us from sin. not save us IN sin. We must be sanctified and we must allow God to sanctify us and make us holy, and cooperate with the Holy Spirit fully in accomplishing this.

And TRUE SABBATH-KEEPING has to do with the fact that we, as God's people, are UNLIKE THE HEATHEN in that we dont worship gods of stone, and nature itself like they did with the Baal-god. We instead worship the TRUE AND LIVING GOD, Creator of Heaven and Earth, THUS God wants to have a RELATIONSHIP with Him... every 7th Day we STOP all we are doing in a worldly sense, and actually spend the day with GOD.... because we love Him, and we have a RELATIONSHIP with Him.

But most of the Christian World, are just like the HEATHEN in that they just toss their 'God' a sacrifice, to appease Him (in this case, Jesus dying for them on the Cross) and then they go "Whew! Im so glad that ANGRY GOD isnt angry with me anymore!" ...then they go on their way, SINNING and continuing to transgress God's Law, demonstrating that they do not KNOW GOD and His ways AT ALL, if the did, then they would LOVE His ways, His Government, His Law... and gladly obey Him.

Just like the Heathen! Just like the Pharisees!

But they CANNOT SEE THAT!

If you get to where you understand all of what I just said to you, then you will truly understand the ROOT of their problem.
They are NOT worshipping the true and LIVING GOD at all. That is why on that day, Jesus will say "Depart from Me, I dont even KNOW YOU! ye that work LAWLESSNESS".

"He that saith he knows God yet keepeth not His commandments is a LIAR and the TRUTH is not in him".

Its all just THAT SIMPLE, they really dont WANT a true, living RELATIONSHIP with God. They want to toss God a SACRIFICE like the Heathen did with their false gods. Pacify the ANGRY GOD.

Thats why it is also just OKAY with them that their 'God' tortures people forever and ever and ever in Hell. That was the PAGAN FALSE GOD. They ALSO got that false doctrine from the Roman Catholic Church.

You see, its like this for them, "God is angry, but Jesus sacrificed Himself for your sins. Jesus loves you, please accept His sacrifice! ...but if you DONT then you will have to face this ANGRY VENGEFUL GOD who is going to torture you forever and ever and ever in Hell!" "No need to stop sinning, just toss God the sacrifice and He shall be APPEASED!"

Seriously, its nothing more than PAGANISM in a NEW PACKAGE!

Heaven will have no sin. You arent going to have to worry about your neighbor stealing your stuff, or killing you, or anything like that. Everyone there will have proper RESPECT for God's Law. Because simply put... God has allowed this demonstration of Satan's ways here on earth so that people could see how it would BE without God's Law. There wont be any rebellion in Heaven, it would NOT be Heaven if there were. Just common sense. And if you are rebellious against God and His Law NOW you wont suddenly CHANGE at the Resurrection! Therefore, you wont be ALLOWED into Heaven. Because you would ruin the PEACE and HAPPINESS there, if God were to allow you in.

Me legalistic? NO, ....THEY ARE!

Watch my video here and you might get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0lsL5b7mc
i understand this person is no longer in cc but this is a dangerous kind of mind that says i am right u are wrong no ifs ands or butts. where is the fruit of the spirit? the humbleness? the love? i hope this person finds these things wherever she may be
 
Call it man's if you like...

Lev 23:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts.
Lev 23:3 'Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

In fact, you can call it a space shuttle if you like, God says it is His Sabbath.

I never said God did not call the sabbath the sabbath day and it is for man to rest in thanksgiving to God and I do this everyday thanking God for Son and the rest that is provided to me to not have to work at being perfect any more, because no flesh can, and is proven in the first Testament all through it. They failed because of unbelief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And so God said they will never enter into God's rest because of unbelief. It goes so much deeper that resting one day a week
 
I've yet to meet a non-Trinitarian who wasn't bound by legalism to some degree. Merely turning it around and falsely asserting the opposite doesn't change that.

Muslims do the same thing though. It's ironic watching Muslim women claim orthodox Islam has freed them behind their burkas weighed down under sharia.

Both groups place themselves under legalism, something Christ came to liberate them from (Galatians 5:1), and then delusionally deny their observable legalistic behavior and attack everyone around them of being legalists.

Of course, they are deceived but their delusional behavior sometimes resembles that of a mentally disturbed person.
 
Better yet what law is Paul talking about in this verse, remember they only had the Old Testament at the time.

Talking of the Spiritual Law of liberty, not the letter of, that brings forth the showing of one's inability to be perfect
The difference of flesh effort that is weak and not perfect ever verses the perfection in Christ alone that God gives us through belief by the resurrected Christ after we agree to be dead to flesh at Christ's death in the flesh, we might be able to see from God if God permits the new life in Christ we have in the resurrected Christ

[h=3]Philippians 3:1-11[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: [SUP]5 [/SUP]circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [SUP]6 [/SUP]concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. [SUP]7 [/SUP]But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [SUP]8 [/SUP]Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [SUP]9 [/SUP]and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [SUP]10 [/SUP]that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [SUP]11 [/SUP]if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
 
It is impossible to have the sabbath everyday because only the 7th day has been blessed. None of the other 6 days have been blessed.

Sorry you do not see Christ as the Sabbath rest in the Spirit of God, Christ went to the cross to redeem us and we are forgiven by this though him, and we are called to rest in Father through him, and love all. To see the Spirit over the flesh is not easy
And you can worship the way you think, are you saying everyone else has to be as you see it, or God does not love us?
 
Yes Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, He has always been since He created the Sabbath.
Yes we do die and are raised with Him and so walk in newness of life.
Yes we are to be circumcised in heart it is also mentioned in the OT to be circumcised in heart.
It is also true if we love God we will keep His commandments.

While the law is spiritual as it says in Romans 7 there is a literal side to the commandments. If we walk after the Spirit the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in us. We can not keep everyday as the sabbath because only the 7th day has been blessed. We are to be in Christ everyday and worship Him everyday but cannot keep everyday as the sabbath.

To each their own Sister and thanking god he gave me free choice, for he knows my heart and everyone Else's too.
I am not worried and do not judge you in the way you decide to worship as what a man thinks so is he
So I trust this:
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

And one plants and another waters, yet is God that gives the increase. So as long as I and you give God thanks we are to be left to be convinced in our own minds

Thank you and love you, God's way, not man's
 
1. Nope. Not in my house. We sleep late, sit on the couch, talk to each other, and eat cold food.

2. We don't turn on the stove, have cookouts or barbecues until dark. We turn on the heater, but this statement is in relation to the cooking fire, not the housewarming fire. My Father does not want his people to freeze to death.

3. I don't travel. I stay home. Sometimes I walk next door or down the street, but usually the front door gets closed at sundown and stays closed until sundown the next day.

4. I do my shopping on Friday, or do without on Sabbath. It's a type and shadow of the virgins and their lamps. Be prepared.

5.I do no marketing. What marketing?

6. The temple doesn't exist anymore, and the requirement for sacrifice has been done away with since Yeshua died on the cross for my sins, therefore becoming that blood sacrifice.

8. Then honor the Sabbath. (shrug.)

Keeping the Sabbath makes me feel rested and alive, full of hope for the next week. It recharges my battery, and is the highlight of my week. I work 50-60 hour weeks sometimes, but even if my work calls, I do not look at the phone. In 20 years of obeying the Sabbath, I've never had to decide between it and my job, and frankly, would not take a job that had me working on the Sabbath. I feel refreshed, renewed, and ready to put on the full armor after every Sabbath.

I'm sorry you see the law as such a burden, friend. Shalom.

So you are trusting in self for six days, getting recharged for the next six days to ware out your flesh to hopefully come to rest and is why you need the recharge, becuase you are still woirking out of the energy of your own flesh to please others and God, is what I see Sister, been there done that for years and wore out, then God picked me up and showed me his rest in him through his Son Christ
I trust God through Christ every day and have rest found in the resurrected Christ everyday as I work or not work, no recharge needed in the Spirit of God
Something to think on, maybe you make the choice all, in love to you
 
Hebrews 4:4 KJV
(4) For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Hebrews 4:9 KJV
(9) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

G4520
σαββατισμός
sabbatismos
Thayer Definition:
1) a keeping sabbath
2) the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from a derivative of G4521
Citing in TDNT: 7:34, 989

And that rest that is being talked about is rest from our works as he did from his, context please
[h=3]Hebrews 4[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. [SUP]2 [/SUP]For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. [SUP]5 [/SUP]And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. [SUP]6 [/SUP]Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: [SUP]7 [/SUP]again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. [SUP]8 [/SUP]For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. [SUP]9 [/SUP]There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. [SUP]10 [/SUP]For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. [SUP]14 [/SUP]Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. [SUP]15 [/SUP]For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
 
Does the Creator of the heavens and earth esteem everyday alike?

Between God and me we are fine with me worshiping in the Spirit every day, sorry you are not seeing the Spirit of the law over the letter of, or maybe you do, only you know, but no matter I have ceasedf from my woks as God has from his since the foundation
All in love to you, God's way not by the letter but by the Spirit, where today is the only way God is worshiped in Spirit and truth only
John 4:23-24
 
Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask this, lest I flare up this Thread to go on for all eternity lol. I have tried to follow along the best I can in this currently 18 page long discussion. This question is pointed to those who believe we must follow the command of keeping the Sabbath (at least that's what I understood is being stated). In your understanding, what happens if I don't follow that commandment?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I want to use a metaphor before I reply...

So if a man was married to his wife for 20 years but never loved her in the way she asked, how do you think that woman would feel? What is the wife asked for a certain gift for the wedding anniversary, but the husband got another gift and when the wife asked why the husband replied, ohh, the woman at the coney island restaurant said you would like this better....

I am not say who does or does not go to the kingdom.

But I can say it is very clear what day the Sabbath is.....the 7th day.

Would it be possible to fall short of the kingdom because someone worships the Father in a false manner? (IMO its possible)

Hosheyah 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you will be no priest to Me. Because you have forgotten the Law of Yahweh, I will also forget your children."

Hebrews 4:1-11, "Therefore, since a promise of entering His rest remains, let us fear so that none of you should come short of it. For this message was preached to us, as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not benefit them, because they did not share in the faith of those who obeyed-- However, we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: So I vowed in My wrath, They will not enter into My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, For He spoke in a certain place of the Seventh Day, in this way: And Yahweh rested the Seventh Day from all His works. And in this place again: If they will enter into My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, Again, He designates a certain day, saying in David: ''Today,'' after so long a time, as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. If Yahshua (ben Nun) had given them rest he would not have spoken afterward of another day. Therefore, there remains the keeping of the Sabbath (word G#4520) to the people of Yahweh, For he who has entered into His rest (word G#2663) has also ceased from his own works, as Yahweh did from His. Therefore, let us be zealous to enter into that rest (word G#2663), so that no one may fall after the same example of unbelief."

As well it is possible that one can become self-righteous by following the Law and think they are good by this and not see what Christ said to that rich man that walked away sad, (Matt. 19). He was annihilated in sorrow as he could not give up treasures in this world. And the Disciples were also annihilated and then asked how is it possible for us to enter heaven Jesus?
And Jesus replied it is impossible with man to go to heaven on his efforts.
You see there are places he said to cut off and gouge out, your members of your body, that cause one to sin. Better for part of you to go to heaven than all of you to go to hell.
And my last tragedy was Foreigners Gang green and my ___________________________________ was cut off, so I can't follow through with any lust, caused by puberty. So under Law has anything of the Body parts been cut off yet, Better under law to cut off or gouge out to go to heaven under law.
Christ showed all their inability by flesh to ever be perfect and are in need of his final sacrifice and final shedding of Blood to be saved thereby
Which I know you claim, yet it seems you add the letter of the Law as in you must worship a certain day of the week.
And that is good for you, I am elated for you, yet I do not do the same as you
So are we both saved? or am I and all others that see it as not the way you are stating how we are to worship not saved by God from God?
I agree with you, on how you see it, because you give God thanks and trust God, and so do I trust God
Do we agree? to disagree in certain areas yet God is still our savior?
 
Thank you for that ?

Galatians 4:16 Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

[h=3]Galatians 3[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)


3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? [SUP]2 [/SUP]This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
 
Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask this, lest I flare up this Thread to go on for all eternity lol. I have tried to follow along the best I can in this currently 18 page long discussion. This question is pointed to those who believe we must follow the command of keeping the Sabbath (at least that's what I understood is being stated). In your understanding, what happens if I don't follow that commandment?

Great ? and thank you waiting for the answer, I think I asked this and have not gotten a direct answer yet.
You did it direct Thank you
 
To each their own Sister and thanking god he gave me free choice, for he knows my heart and everyone Else's too.
I am not worried and do not judge you in the way you decide to worship as what a man thinks so is he
So I trust this:
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

And one plants and another waters, yet is God that gives the increase. So as long as I and you give God thanks we are to be left to be convinced in our own minds

Thank you and love you, God's way, not man's

I am not sister. Don't you see my name is blue not pink?
 
Sorry you do not see Christ as the Sabbath rest in the Spirit of God, Christ went to the cross to redeem us and we are forgiven by this though him, and we are called to rest in Father through him, and love all. To see the Spirit over the flesh is not easy
And you can worship the way you think, are you saying everyone else has to be as you see it, or God does not love us?
Christ is our rest but that does not change the fact that the 7th day is the only day blessed by God. No other day has been blessed. To deny that is to deny plain facts. Why do you have one of your posts with such large letters? I do not read posts where people are shouting.
 
Between God and me we are fine with me worshiping in the Spirit every day, sorry you are not seeing the Spirit of the law over the letter of, or maybe you do, only you know, but no matter I have ceasedf from my woks as God has from his since the foundation
All in love to you, God's way not by the letter but by the Spirit, where today is the only way God is worshiped in Spirit and truth only
John 4:23-24

None are "keeping evey day holy" It is impossible because we can not leave work, chores, etc alone every day and the bigger reason, "Yahweh blessed the Seventh Day and set it apart to be holy" (Gen 2). He did this not any man.

So the only way to worship in Spirit is to transgress the Commandment?

I think the misunderstanding comes from the misuse of "the Spirit of the Law and the letter of the Law"

the letter of the Law was in context the taking advantage of the written word to make a particular Law basically of no effect, the Pharisees "followed" the letter of the Law; example: "do not swear falsely in the name of Yahweh" Pharisees took the "letter" and said, we can lie as long as we dont put Yahweh's name on it. This is what Shaul is talking about when he says the letter of the Law.

the Spirit of the Law is the true intent of each particular Commandment, this does not mean one ignores the literal following of said Law, but follow it by its true intent.

So saying the Spirit is ignoring the written command and the letter is following it IS SERIOUS ERROR, but those whose heart is at enmity to Yahweh will never accept this, they will instead make an excuse, ignore, or twist a Scripture to justify their stance...


Originally Posted by Hizikyah
I want to use a metaphor before I reply...

So if a man was married to his wife for 20 years but never loved her in the way she asked, how do you think that woman would feel? What is the wife asked for a certain gift for the wedding anniversary, but the husband got another gift and when the wife asked why the husband replied, ohh, the woman at the coney island restaurant said you would like this better....

I am not say who does or does not go to the kingdom.

But I can say it is very clear what day the Sabbath is.....the 7th day.

Would it be possible to fall short of the kingdom because someone worships the Father in a false manner? (IMO its possible)

Hosheyah 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you will be no priest to Me. Because you have forgotten the Law of Yahweh, I will also forget your children."

Hebrews 4:1-11, "Therefore, since a promise of entering His rest remains, let us fear so that none of you should come short of it. For this message was preached to us, as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not benefit them, because they did not share in the faith of those who obeyed-- However, we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: So I vowed in My wrath, They will not enter into My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, For He spoke in a certain place of the Seventh Day, in this way: And Yahweh rested the Seventh Day from all His works. And in this place again: If they will enter into My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, Again, He designates a certain day, saying in David: ''Today,'' after so long a time, as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. If Yahshua (ben Nun) had given them rest he would not have spoken afterward of another day. Therefore, there remains the keeping of the Sabbath (word G#4520) to the people of Yahweh, For he who has entered into His rest (word G#2663) has also ceased from his own works, as Yahweh did from His. Therefore, let us be zealous to enter into that rest (word G#2663), so that no one may fall after the same example of unbelief."


As well it is possible that one can become self-righteous by following the Law and think they are good by this and not see what Christ said to that rich man that walked away sad, (Matt. 19). He was annihilated in sorrow as he could not give up treasures in this world. And the Disciples were also annihilated and then asked how is it possible for us to enter heaven Jesus?
And Jesus replied it is impossible with man to go to heaven on his efforts.
You see there are places he said to cut off and gouge out, your members of your body, that cause one to sin. Better for part of you to go to heaven than all of you to go to hell.
And my last tragedy was Foreigners Gang green and my ___________________________________ was cut off, so I can't follow through with any lust, caused by puberty. So under Law has anything of the Body parts been cut off yet, Better under law to cut off or gouge out to go to heaven under law.
Christ showed all their inability by flesh to ever be perfect and are in need of his final sacrifice and final shedding of Blood to be saved thereby
Which I know you claim, yet it seems you add the letter of the Law as in you must worship a certain day of the week.
And that is good for you, I am elated for you, yet I do not do the same as you
So are we both saved? or am I and all others that see it as not the way you are stating how we are to worship not saved by God from God?
I agree with you, on how you see it, because you give God thanks and trust God, and so do I trust God
Do we agree? to disagree in certain areas yet God is still our savior?

As I said in the post YOU REPLIED TO: "I am not say who does or does not go to the kingdom.

But I can say it is very clear what day the Sabbath is.....the 7th day.

Would it be possible to fall short of the kingdom because someone worships the Father in a false manner? (IMO its possible)"

None of us have entered the kingdom yet, so all that want to need to diligently seek to submit to Yahweh in Yahshua Messiah.

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it"

"listen" is word #8085 שָׁמַע shama` {shaw-mah'}

Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.)

Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar) - 1) to hear, listen to, obey
 
Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask this, lest I flare up this Thread to go on for all eternity lol. I have tried to follow along the best I can in this currently 18 page long discussion. This question is pointed to those who believe we must follow the command of keeping the Sabbath (at least that's what I understood is being stated). In your understanding, what happens if I don't follow that commandment?

I can't believe this is still going on. I like your question.
What happens if I don't follow that commandment? I
would not worry about it. I have fellowship with God my
Father every day. My heart praises my Savior Jesus Christ
constantly.

I will be standing before God giving an account based on
what I have done or not done. I believe I am saved and
have an Eternal home awaiting me. He is my Sabbath.
 
Im surprised many people keep the Sabbath in this day and age, because it is written that evil forces will think to change it::

Daniyl 7:25, "And he will speak great words against Yahweh, and will wear out; mentally attack to cause to fall away, the saints of Yahweh, and think to change times and Laws..."

"Times" is word # 2166 - Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar - 1) a set time, time, season

Revelation 12:9, "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world..."

Knowing the the Sabbath is the mark of Yahweh, it would make sense that satan would attempt to deceive the world

Exodus 31:13, "Speak also to the children of Israyl, saying; Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for they are a *sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Yahweh
Who sanctifies you, and makes you holy."

*sign is Word #226, Hebrew Dictionary,Strong's Exhaustive Concordance,
meaning mark, token, sign, consent, flag, evidence of consent.

Ezekiyl 20:12, "Moreover, I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a *sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am Yahweh Who sanctifies them."

*sign is Word #226, Hebrew Dictionary,Strong's Exhaustive Concordance,
meaning mark, token, sign, consent, flag, evidence of consent.

Isayah 56:6-7, "Also the sons of the Gentile who join themselves to Yahweh, to serve Him, and to love the Name of Yahweh, to be His servants--everyone who keeps the Sabbaths without polluting; defiling, them and who holds fast to My covenant--I will bring them to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My House of prayer..."